Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have decided to bite the bullet and try to order a RWD huracan. 2021 allocations are almost gone so I would like to finalize everything sooner rather than later.

First, I live in the midwest. There are about 4 Lamborghini dealerships in the general area: Lamborghini Gold Coast and Downers Grove in the Chicago area, Lamborghini Ohio, and Lamborghini St. Louis. Does anyone have any experience with any of these dealers or recommendations for dealers/salesmen? From what I have heard (could be completely wrong) Ferrari doesn't let you order cars from a dealership outside your area. Is this the same with Lamborghini or could I order a car from the east coast or perhaps Atlanta.

Second, has anyone heard of any real differences between 2021 and 2022 besides price and timing? I would like my car sooner rather than later, but if 2022 has any added perks/features I would be willing to wait.

Third, do you have any tips on negotiating? I have heard of people getting discounts as high as 5%, but with stock so low and demand so very high I don't know if I would be able to get anything off at all, especially since I don't have a relationship with any of these dealers. I will say that whatever money I get off will go into more factory upgrades for the car so I don't know if that would change anything.

Four, any must haves on the car? From what I understand the lift is a must. I am a big music person so I will be getting the upgraded sound system for sure. (That's why I asked about difference between 2021 and 2022. I have read that they may replace Sensorum with B&O, but nothing confirmed).

Five, any additional things I should know.

Appreciate all of the help and I am looking forward to possibly being a part of the Lamborghini family.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Im in the middle of ordering mine now.
You cannot order a 2021 anymore so unless you are taking dealer stock it will be a 2022. Pricing is pretty much unchanged between 2021 and 2022 (maybe a few hundred +/- on a few options).

Lifestyle pack must have no questions.
Driver pack must have if you want the carbon brakes (highly recommended by everyone).
Everything else is as you like it.
I did opt for the cruise control option only because I don't like blank buttons on a car.
Upgraded sound system is still not impressive Im told but the basic one is garbage.

I tried to negotiate and they basically told me nicely that they are selling them at MSRP only right now. YMMV at different dealerships. Im not sure, I may call around the other dealerships that are in my state and see if they can offer me a discount but Im not holding my breath.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,545 Posts
All great questions and agree with @deezwho comments but to answer your questions one by one not necessarily in order..........

1. You can order Lamborghinis from anywhere in the US and my understanding is that there are only MY2022 allocations at this time.
2. There are no changes in the EVO from MY2021 to MY2022 but there was an increase in the base price by about $838
3. Managing a discount will be hard to achieve as things stand now but worth a try but don't make the presence or absence of a discount affect whether you buy the EVO. Sometimes you can get the dealership to throw in some extras to sweeten the deal.
4. Options listed by @deezwho are a good start and you may want to consider the Style package as well. Regarding cruise control the blanks on the steering wheel do not bother me and I just didn't want an option I would never use but that may be an option you want and it is relatively inexpensive ($900). Sports Seats are great and I would try to spec them but they apparently from what we have been told are not offering it at this time because they are currently on product restriction..........but nonetheless ask and see what happens.
5. If you want to spec an MY2022 I would not wait because the allocations are going quickly. The other thing I would recommend is see if whatever dealership you settle on could submit the order immediately and I say that because people are currently leaving deposits for a "future" allocation........not as good especially if supply constraints become an issue.

Best of Luck!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,545 Posts
Regarding the last point, what does it mean if an order is submitted immediately vs waiting for an allocation at a future date? Don’t you have to wait for an allocation anyway once your order is in?
No not necessarily, that is, if the dealership has an allocation in hand it can be immediate or close to it. I placed my order on the 3rd of May and my dealership negotiated* an extra allocation and submitted it on the 13th of May.

*long story

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,545 Posts
How did they negotiate the extra allocation? Was your car highly specced?
I would rather not get into it at this time but there were valid reasons. ;) BTW, you will know your order is truly submitted when the LOOM screenshot states the following............

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
I was at the local dealer here in Sarasota for a lunch event yesterday. I talked to the SA and he mentioned for an EVO he has a waiting list with deposits but allocation is still TBD. He’s guessing 2 to 3 months before these orders get submitted then another 6 to 7 months for delivery. I agree the allocation seems to be going fast.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,545 Posts
It remains to be seen but my suspicion is that the MY2023s are also going to be in high demand......times they are a changing, especially as the Bull undergoes the transformation into the Electric Bull.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
I also “skipped the line” when my order was submitted in April. Quite the back story on this, too.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It remains to be seen but my suspicion is that the MY2023s are also going to be in high demand......times they are a changing, especially as the Bull undergoes the transformation into the Electric Bull.

Any chance they are going to do a Final edition or something special for 2023?

My SA told me that their entire STO allocation filled in 2 weeks, so would be good to know ahead of time if there's anything in the pipeline.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,545 Posts
I think the MY2023 EVOs may be the last of the breed and I am unsure if a GPF is a concern or not.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,481 Posts
Well, I also reserved a Ford Bronco last year and I still don’t have it and probably won’t anytime soon so waiting a year for an EVO is nothing at this point.
Ford is shutting down half off their plants and laying off 50% of the workers. I can imagine there will be some delays.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,545 Posts
Lamborghini, as of late, has come up short with a few of their options but, fortunately, the supply constraints are limited, and cars are still being delivered approximately 4 months out from "Start Of Production". The problem with the protracted order/delivery times I think has more to do with the unprecedented demand. My SA, the dealership manager, said they have way more orders then allocations. This probably does not need mentioning but I suspect the MY2023s are going to be in even greater demand, last of the breed so to speak.

·
Registered
BMW ///M
155 Posts
Hello all,

I have decided to bite the bullet and try to order a RWD huracan. 2021 allocations are almost gone so I would like to finalize everything sooner rather than later.

First, I live in the midwest. There are about 4 Lamborghini dealerships in the general area: Lamborghini Gold Coast and Downers Grove in the Chicago area, Lamborghini Ohio, and Lamborghini St. Louis. Does anyone have any experience with any of these dealers or recommendations for dealers/salesmen? From what I have heard (could be completely wrong) Ferrari doesn't let you order cars from a dealership outside your area. Is this the same with Lamborghini or could I order a car from the east coast or perhaps Atlanta.

Second, has anyone heard of any real differences between 2021 and 2022 besides price and timing? I would like my car sooner rather than later, but if 2022 has any added perks/features I would be willing to wait.

Third, do you have any tips on negotiating? I have heard of people getting discounts as high as 5%, but with stock so low and demand so very high I don't know if I would be able to get anything off at all, especially since I don't have a relationship with any of these dealers. I will say that whatever money I get off will go into more factory upgrades for the car so I don't know if that would change anything.

Four, any must haves on the car? From what I understand the lift is a must. I am a big music person so I will be getting the upgraded sound system for sure. (That's why I asked about difference between 2021 and 2022. I have read that they may replace Sensorum with B&O, but nothing confirmed).

Five, any additional things I should know.

Appreciate all of the help and I am looking forward to possibly being a part of the Lamborghini family.
It looks like others have already answered your questions, but good luck with your order!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,481 Posts
If I was in the market I would be looking on Carguru, they have some 2020s with sport seats.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,545 Posts
True Russ but based upon my experience I want an infotainment system that’s newer and hopefully more evolved and mature.

1 - 20 of 148 Posts