Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Vendor
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We wanted to thank Fred for purchasing our Murcielago HT300 clutch for his 2005 Murcielago with E-gear. Previously, he bought a clutch from another aftermarket clutch company which lasted only 4k miles. After reading and talking to a few of our customers, he decided to purchase our HT300 clutch. He wanted a clutch that would last a long time since the clutch installation is so expensive. He liked that our HT300 would last up to 300% longer than a stock clutch.

After driving it and breaking it in, he couldn't believe how smooth HT300 is and how nicely it shifts.

We also wanted to thank Joe at Modena Motorsports in Los Angeles On La Cienega Blvd for installing our clutch. They were very professional and knowledgeable. They did a great job and Fred was very happy with them.

After installing our clutch and test driving the clutch, they noticed how much quicker the engagement is versus an oem clutch. They liked that the clutch engages at lower rpm without bucking. Usually if you set up a clutch with lower rpm engagement, you would get a lot of bucking but HT300 comes with our proprietary CEM(Clutch Engagement Mechanism). HT300 engages quicker and doesn't buck. The longer that it takes for a clutch to engage, the more you're slipping the clutch and the more you're wearing out the clutch. That is another reason why our clutches last longer because it has quicker engagement.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Looking forward to putting one of your clutches in my 360CS in the next 6 months or so.

·
Registered
2004 Lamborghini Murcielago in Rosso Andromeda
614 Posts
I Have a question for you Sean, after the clutch is installed do you recommend using the Sport Mode with the fresh clutch or not until it has been broken in?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Sorry for the newb question, but what's "Bucking?"

Under certain conditions when starting from a dead stop (up hill, wheels turned stop and go traffic etc) the clutch will get into a loop of engaging and disengaging rapidly and causing the car to jerk or buck, it is very much like when a novice tries to use a stick shift for the first time.
I have had 2 murcielagos that did this and it seems that when it starts the Egear computer goes into a loop and I would typically turn the ignition off and try again.

·
Vendor
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I Have a question for you Sean, after the clutch is installed do you recommend using the Sport Mode with the fresh clutch or not until it has been broken in?
I would recommend using sport mode all the time, especially when the clutch is new. When a clutch is new, the clutch disc material is very soft and you don't want to slip the clutch. When you use Auto, you're slipping the clutch more than Sport. You don't want to put too much load on the new clutch though. A new clutch needs gradual heat so the disc material gets harder. It also needs a lot of normal contact between the disc, flywheel and pressure plate.

·
Vendor
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Under certain conditions when starting from a dead stop (up hill, wheels turned stop and go traffic etc) the clutch will get into a loop of engaging and disengaging rapidly and causing the car to jerk or buck, it is very much like when a novice tries to use a stick shift for the first time.
I have had 2 murcielagos that did this and it seems that when it starts the Egear computer goes into a loop and I would typically turn the ignition off and try again.
Well said!!!

Bucking = jerkiness

·
Registered
2004 Lamborghini Murcielago in Rosso Andromeda
614 Posts
I would recommend using sport mode all the time, especially when the clutch is new. When a clutch is new, the clutch disc material is very soft and you don't want to slip the clutch. When you use Auto, you're slipping the clutch more than Sport. You don't want to put too much load on the new clutch though. A new clutch needs gradual heat so the disc material gets harder. It also needs a lot of normal contact between the disc, flywheel and pressure plate.
Thank you Sean appreciate the response, makes sense.

·
Registered
2005 Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster & 2007 Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 Coupe
239 Posts
Regarding sport mode: if that’s the case then do you recommend keeping egear in sport mode all the time? Only time I usually drive aggressive is on the fwy. In city, I usually cruise because cops can hear me a mile away. Woud keeping it in sport help extend the clutch?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Regarding sport mode: if that’s the case then do you recommend keeping egear in sport mode all the time? Only time I usually drive aggressive is on the fwy. In city, I usually cruise because cops can hear me a mile away. Woud keeping it in sport help extend the clutch?

Well that's what I've read and heard in bunch of threads and youtube video's. Keeping it in egear all the time helps clutch life

·
Vendor
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would recommend driving in Sport mode all the time, even when you're cruising around.

Your clutch will last longer in Sport mode, especially in city driving when you have a lot of traffic lights.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have a manual '03 Murcielago, and I'm sure someday I'll need a clutch change. Does your clutch change the pedal feel at all? The clutch pedal with my OEM clutch is incredibly light...much lighter than my former Gallardo. Would your clutch result in a heavier clutch pedal?

·
Vendor
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have a manual '03 Murcielago, and I'm sure someday I'll need a clutch change. Does your clutch change the pedal feel at all? The clutch pedal with my OEM clutch is incredibly light...much lighter than my former Gallardo. Would your clutch result in a heavier clutch pedal?
If you feel that your clutch pedal is too light, you might have air bubble in the system. Does it feel spongy? If so, you should re-bleed the system.

We usually have customers asking for lighter clutch pedal pressure so that's why our Kevlar clutch is set up to have a 10% lighter clutch pedal.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Now that's a big friggin engine!!, nice seeing in the raw...

·
Registered
920 Posts
What a refined and advanced product!
:tup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts