Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up another gated Gallardo for my collection of toys. Got this 35k mile, 2004 in Rosso Metis from Iowa. The owner was going to trade it to Perillo but they low balled them HELL out of him. I gave him 10k more and he was content with that. And he had just done a clutch and full service not 100 miles ago.
this car is LOADED with a ton of carbon. Basically full interior, full engine bay and full SL aero. Full Fabspeed with tecnocraft intakes. Crazy stereo system too and a k40 installed. Someone spent some dough on it. Very lucky to have found it…. And bought to enjoy for a few years. Prolly will sell my very rare 2008 gated now as I prolly won’t drive it after getting this one. Enjoy the pics
Hood Gear shift Steering part Automotive design Steering wheel

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Sky

Car Vehicle Wheel Steering part Car seat cover

·
Registered
509 Posts
Very cool! Enjoy!

Reactions: 1BADBURB

·
Premium Member
97.0 Diablo VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,815 Posts
Congrats! Great car. Drive it long enough to have a fairly neutral opinion of the two: gated versus egear. Sounds like a silly comparison but I am really curious in your opinion if the gated is in fact worth it. With both, you should be able to make a fairly neutral opinion in another month or two.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats! Great car. Drive it long enough to have a fairly neutral opinion of the two: gated versus egear. Sounds like a silly comparison but I am really curious in your opinion if the gated is in fact worth it. With both, you should be able to make a fairly neutral opinion in another month or two.
Ohh... i have had 4 egear cars. Currently have a UGR egear SuperLeggera so i can def download my opinion. I LOVE the gated, no doubt. My first pick 20x over. The clinking of the shifts. The joy of literally rowing gears, thats my love. Drive wise, its the same, but obviously egear shifts better and no risk of mis-shifts. I will say, sometimes tho, if im lazy, i wish to have the egear but i honestly wouldn't every get lazy in this car. LOL. I do enjoy both, don't get me wrong, the paddle shifts are nice and quick and thats still fun too slapping thru the gears. But if i had to choose, gated all day.

Thank you everyone else, appreciate it!!! Absolutely LOVE the color as well. Wasnt a fan until i saw in person, in the sunlight and now i LOVE it. Paired with all the aftermarket stuff on it i am extremely pleased with it. Sadly, i got it home friday, took it to my shop directly. Planned to drive this week but we got snow dumped on it unexpectedly so ... she goes into storage with the other toys. I'll post a pic or two below here with the garages.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here is the collection of current toys all in my sig. been busting my ass for 10 yrs and this year I kinda let loose and bought a bunch of cars bc business has been killer

Attachments

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^^^ oh I LOVE GTR’s. Ive owned 4 of them. Two of which were 1200whp+.
building two right now for clients
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Correct Sir. I own a Eurocharged franchise but we focus heavily on modding all types of cars. Vettes, vipers, Porsche, lamno, McLaren, Audi, benz, bmw etc. we do trucks too! anything someone wants to mod, we will do it. Of course general service and maintenance pays the bills but we have some fun!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Congratulations! That car is absolutely beautiful. I've always loved Rosso Metis on the Gallardo. The first Gallardo I tried to buy was a manual in this color.

Enjoy it in good health!

Reactions: 1BADBURB

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just picked up another gated Gallardo for my collection of toys. Got this 35k mile, 2004 in Rosso Metis from Iowa. The owner was going to trade it to Perillo but they low balled them HELL out of him. I gave him 10k more and he was content with that. And he had just done a clutch and full service not 100 miles ago.
this car is LOADED with a ton of carbon. Basically full interior, full engine bay and full SL aero. Full Fabspeed with tecnocraft intakes. Crazy stereo system too and a k40 installed. Someone spent some dough on it. Very lucky to have found it…. And bought to enjoy for a few years. Prolly will sell my very rare 2008 gated now as I prolly won’t drive it after getting this one. Enjoy the pics
View attachment 303788
View attachment 303789
View attachment 303790
View attachment 303787
Congrats! Looks amazing. I have an 04 gated too. I'm curious how different the gear ratios are from the 04 vs the 08. I'm considering putting a used 06+ transmission in my car for the gearing.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
^^ thank you Tom!
Unfortunately... and this is really sad... I only drove my 2008 a whooping 7mi after buying it. Went from my house to storage just about a month ago. When i got it back in Aug, it went up on the lift and sorta stayed there. Never had the time to drop it down and drive. Though, i hear from others that the 05+ gearing is def night and day better and desired over the taller 04 gears. I have a 2008 SL as well and i can tell you, i love it in that car. I would most certainly get the 06 trans and swap it in. Best of luck my friend!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.