Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there's always people asking and thinking about as I've been for a few years now. Thought I would share some progress pics.

After having a few phone conversations with Kyle and following Drew's (Drew Zee) thread on his conversion experience I decided to ship the car to Kyle. My clutch was on it's last legs and my E-gear experience has been a never ending, hugely expensive nightmare with this car so it was time to be rid of it.

I'm excited to be back in a 3 pedal car again, I've always regretted letting go of my gated 04 Gallardo. Anyways, here's a few pics Kyle has sent me. There's quite a few but I won't post them all.
Resized_20210319_165803.jpg
Resized952021031995171223.jpg
Resized952021031995171325.jpg
Resized_20210319_165617.jpg
Resized_20210322_133346.jpeg
Resized_20210322_133340.jpeg

·
Registered
737 Posts
I know there's always people asking and thinking about as I've been for a few years now. Thought I would share some progress pics.

After having a few phone conversations with Kyle and following Drew's (Drew Zee) thread on his conversion experience I decided to ship the car to Kyle. My clutch was on it's last legs and my E-gear experience has been a never ending, hugely expensive nightmare with this car so it was time to be rid of it.
Good luck with the project. Should be a blast to drive when complete.

LamboGrasshopper: If you are still working on a registry of the pre-LP manuals I would recommend including conversions like these as an addendum.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking forward to following your progress, Gandolf. How long do you think they will have it? Also what is the rough cost?
I'm anticipating into April.

Curious on this. What was the quoted cost / Where are the parts being sourced?

Thank you!

My situation is unique as I had sourced about 90% of the parts prior to starting the work. Because of this, my cost and time estimates really aren't useful for the next person considering this conversion. I know this is the first thing that everyone is asking but I can only tell you to give Kyle a call and discuss with him. I will say I've heard stories of long delays awaiting parts from Italy. Just be sure to ask anyone who may do this for you about this.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,805 Posts
Where there’s a will, there a way! Congratulations.

·
Vendor
2,621 Posts
Yes, this can for done for a little as $10k, all the way up to $30k, depending on what can be re-used, shop labor rate, etc. The facts are, if you wanted a gated car, you can have one and get all the specs options you want in an E-gear car first... If anyone is near PA/NJ I can get you in at $129 an hour.

That was my plan, to convert mine, (I can get all these parts at cost since I'm in the business)... but I fell in love with E-gear and have other manual cars. The good news is the option is there for those that want it.

Reactions: sgfreak96

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, this can for done for a little as $10k, all the way up to $30k, depending on what can be re-used, shop labor rate, etc. The facts are, if you wanted a gated car, you can have one and get all the specs options you want in an E-gear car first... If anyone is near PA/NJ I can get you in at $129 an hour.

That was my plan, to convert mine, (I can get all these parts at cost since I'm in the business)... but I fell in love with E-gear and have other manual cars. The good news is the option is there for those that want it.
Can't see it for $10K unless you are doing the work with used parts.

·
Registered
320 Posts

LamboGrasshopper: If you are still working on a registry of the pre-LP manuals I would recommend including conversions like these as an addendum.
That would be smart. I've placed the registry on the backburner for now as I roll through an excess of "projects" :)

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
Can't see it for $10K unless you are doing the work with used parts.
Agree that 10k is not possible, even if used Volkswagen parts were used... lol.

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
The job is 'easy'....just the ecu is the tough part beyond what a 'diy' guy might do.
^^^ this. The mechanical part is straightforward, but the ECU part is not.

·
Vendor
2,621 Posts
It is possible but I’m getting the items of course at my cost which helps. Again for anyone looking to do this there are a lot of different variables depending on the condition of current parts on the car, etc. Then You can factor in selling the old parts you removed which will bring a nice pretty penny to make the bill lower.

·
Registered
76 Posts
^^^ this. The mechanical part is straightforward, but the ECU part is not.
This ECU part. My (very ignorant) understanding was that you didnt have to do much if you were ok with the egear lamp being on? seemed engine control was unaffected?

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This ECU part. My (very ignorant) understanding was that you didnt have to do much if you were ok with the egear lamp being on? seemed engine control was unaffected?
Can't help with that, don't know enough about what happens.

·
Registered
324 Posts

I would not want to sink 20K+ into a conversion only to have a car that had an error light on that could not go out. I think a properly done conversion adds appeal to a car and may even be recouped upon sale...but not if it comes with a bunch of excuses and band-aid's along with errors.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I would not want to sink 20K+ into a conversion only to have a car that had an error light on that could not go out. I think a properly done conversion adds appeal to a car and may even be recouped upon sale...but not if it comes with a bunch of excuses and band-aid's along with errors.
I mean yeah fair enough. But if I’m doing it on the cheap and I come across a dirt cheap egear I want to make into a beat around toy. I could leave all the stuff and just make it work mechanically.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts