Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is it lately. I was looking at ebay this am and saw a black on black '95 Diablo for sale. The same exact one that Don L. Leasing has for sale AT THE SAME TIME ON THE SAME PAGE. He stole all the same pictures Don L. is using, has no reserve and just above where the vehicle pictures start it says;

On Oct-02-04 at 09:39:03 PDT, seller added the following information:

"I will sell the car for 20K"

There is no reserve on it either and people are bidding on it. It is also a 1 day auction. That seems to be the biggest red flag on these things however. If it is listed for only i day beware. Wonder if Don L. knows what's going on?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6290&item=2492515181&rd=1
Jeff

·
Registered
13 Posts
Seems to be quite a few scams on E-bay lately. How do they have such a high rating in most cases? I have seen what appears to be blantant scams and the seller has an upper 90% to 100% rating with well over 100 transactions.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Most, if not all those accounts where stolen via e-mail spoofing. Moral of the story, even if you get an official looking e-mail from eBay, do not click on any of the links on the e-mail and enter any information, including you password. If you think that it is an authentic e-mail from eBay, open up a new browers and type in "www.ebay.com" then press enter.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I can atest to hacked accounts. My account has been hacked twice. The first the hacker posted 150 auctions in 5 minutes. Ebay closed my account, fixed the problem and reopened my aco**** before I even knew anything had happen. Very similar thing happen the second time as well, except they drained my paypal of $750 over three transactions and tried a fourth while I was on the phone with my credit card company trying to cancel the card. They had forgoten to change the email address so I was getting receipts for the fake auction payments and luckly I was online at the time.

Paypal still has not released the account even after faxing them the papper work they wanted, but they did not seem to mind when I opened a new account..go figure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts