Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
SL #7007
1,021 Posts
I've never been to Australia, may I ask how is the cars and coffee culture down under? Being in SoCal, I'm used to there being a cars and coffee meet almost every Saturday and Sunday. Is this the same for you guys? Just curious that's all. Hope you guys have a great event!!!

·
Registered
615 Posts
I've never been to Australia, may I ask how is the cars and coffee culture down under? Being in SoCal, I'm used to there being a cars and coffee meet almost every Saturday and Sunday. Is this the same for you guys? Just curious that's all. Hope you guys have a great event!!!
Mate, I live about 90 minutes south of Sydney and I can say that compared to what you have in USA it's awful!! We "might" get one once a month and it's only about 50 cars (all brands).
For Lamborghini (specifically) there is NOTHING in the state of NSW! i.e. the Lambo club in NSW does NOTHING - it's been run by the same blokes for years and as I said they do nothing! There are only probably 4 dealers in ALL of Australia and no matter which one you go to the deals for new cars all the same! NO ONE promotes Lamborghini in Australia. Having said that the Lambo owners are an enthusiast lot and some try to have say 5 car weekends away.
Now for mixed exotics there are about 5 a year in NSW where anyone can go.
If you want shows, driving and socializing then get a Ferrari or Rolls Royce/Bentley - these guys know how to do it.
Just my 2 cents worth - I'm sure other "brands" will add to this.
P.S. Just saw your Miami show on you tube for Lamborghinis - boy what a GREAT show - maybe I'll get to see it one day - you guys are blessed with all the shows you have!

·
Registered
SL #7007
1,021 Posts
Mate, I live about 90 minutes south of Sydney and I can say that compared to what you have in USA it's awful!! We "might" get one once a month and it's only about 50 cars (all brands).
For Lamborghini (specifically) there is NOTHING in the state of NSW! i.e. the Lambo club in NSW does NOTHING - it's been run by the same blokes for years and as I said they do nothing! There are only probably 4 dealers in ALL of Australia and no matter which one you go to the deals for new cars all the same! NO ONE promotes Lamborghini in Australia. Having said that the Lambo owners are an enthusiast lot and some try to have say 5 car weekends away.
If you want shows, driving and socializing then get a Ferrari or Rolls Royce/Bentley - these guys know how to do it.
P.S. Just saw your Miami show on you tube for Lamborghinis - boy what a GREAT show - maybe I'll get to see it one day - you guys are blessed with all the shows you have!
Thank you for the info! That sucks to hear because I’m sure you guys have amazing roads ans scenery over there!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi mate, not all states are the same! Having been state coordinator for the Lamborghini Club in Queensland and WA I worked hard with the help of some other enthusiastic members to run events almost on a monthly basis. It takes a lot of time and effort to do this especially if you have to work.
IMO someone in NSW should have taken up the challenge rather than complaining! Just my 2c worth…
Maybe a call to action for you mate? 😀

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im hoping to change this ED! I think you should still try and get down this Sat. If anything just for the morning event! A lot of guys are coming down from Sydney. Michael G ect from Cars and Coffee

·
Registered
615 Posts
Hi mate, not all states are the same! Having been state coordinator for the Lamborghini Club in Queensland and WA I worked hard with the help of some other enthusiastic members to run events almost on a monthly basis. It takes a lot of time and effort to do this especially if you have to work.
IMO someone in NSW should have taken up the challenge rather than complaining! Just my 2c worth…
Maybe a call to action for you mate? 😀
Obviously you don't know the guys running it in NSW. There is NO WAY that they will move on........ they even have a rule that if you deal in cars (i.e. associated with selling ANY TYPE of car) you can't be on the board! To get around this I'm in a "little exotic car club" that has very regular socials and overnighters - why would I be in the NSW Lambo club.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts