Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Lamborghini Huracan Evo
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do anyone know when the Amazon Alexa feature suppose to debut on the Huracan Evo and can they installed it at the dealer. I'm in the market for one but haven't decided if i'm going to spec one out from the factory or purchased one preowned but i really wanted this option.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Great question... I am waiting for my 2020 Evo Rwd, ordered 6 months ago... I was told it would not have Alexa as they would begin in the MY 2021... also told by dealer could not be retrofitted as it would require a new wiring harness... now see my car, in UNICA, as listed “In Production” but with the MY now 2021... have not yet heard back from dealer to unravel these various unknowns...

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
13,545 Posts
My 2021 order which will not be delivered February is supposed to have the Alexa feature. It might not become available until 2021 models are released.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm thinking now I may join you in the 2021 model year... either way with Alexa, good luck to both of us...

·
Premium Member
13,545 Posts
I'm thinking now I may join you in the 2021 model year... either way with Alexa, good luck to both of us...
I thought once your car is in production you can’t cancel or change anything?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes, that’s what I’m trying to understand... I ordered a 2020 model in Feb... in mid-May I made a “last minute” request for a change in wheels/tires...it was approved in June (cost me $2,000 for the privilege)... I was never told that would slow things down though... but now I see the factory has me listed as a 2021 and dealer (Newport Beach) told me that if production gets pushed back too far I may well end up with a 2021... and would I then have Alexa as an option???... I am mystified... plus the suspense is killing me...

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was told Alexa will be available even on the 2020s once released. I don't think it will require anything additional like a wiring harness?

·
Premium Member
13,545 Posts
Yes, that’s what I’m trying to understand... I ordered a 2020 model in Feb... in mid-May I made a “last minute” request for a change in wheels/tires...it was approved in June (cost me $2,000 for the privilege)... I was never told that would slow things down though... but now I see the factory has me listed as a 2021 and dealer (Newport Beach) told me that if production gets pushed back too far I may well end up with a 2021... and would I then have Alexa as an option???... I am mystified... plus the suspense is killing me...
Yes you will have Alexa and BTW you pay the same price for a 2020 model as you do for a 2021. At this point it is well worth waiting for a 1 year newer car, especially when or if you ever sell it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Dasaab... you have my vote... we'll just wait and see whenever Alexa is released...

Russk... you're right... at this point, better to have a 2021!

·
Premium Member
13,545 Posts
I really didn’t want to wait, but I couldn’t find anything in a color combo that I liked.

·
Premium Member
13,545 Posts
I didn't want to wait either, and they had my FAV color combo - black/blue with the sport seats so I took it.
That would have done it for me as well. The New Sport seats were very hard to find on any of the floor models and those I HAVE TO HAVE! You got lucky!

·
Premium Member
13,545 Posts
Almost everything. I will need to find the video again, but sound, music, lights not sure about windows but a lot more.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Every other car manufacturer who has released an Alexa App for their cars so far, people couldn’t complain more about how glitchy it is. I don’t know that I would get enamored with it until you see it live in action in a Lambo.

Just search the App Store for [car brand] Alexa, and read their reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,545 Posts
I agree, we won’t know for sure how well it will work until we try it ourselves. I’m hoping they have worked out all the bugs. I wasn’t aware that other brands all ready had it. I’ll have to read the reviews.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
It'll have horrible recognition with the top down.

The voice recognition of Alexa at home is preety good. But she seems to be more related to me and not to my wife. When she (my wife) wants to listen to "Radio Marbella" (Deep vocal house from Spain) she doesn't recognize her by 60% 🤣 But Alexa recognizes me by 100% as I speak better Spanish than she does, and Alexa wants us to have the city "Marbella" spoken with the correct spanish pronouncing like "Marbej_a".

In my Tesla voice recognition works pretty good. I push the button and say "Drive me home" and the SatNav claculates and starts me guiding the way home. Or I say "Play <More than a feeling>" and it looks in Spotify for the track to play. You can also connect your Spotify account to Alexa to have this feature. There are also other features named "Skils" you can use on Alexa like to control the lights in your home, activate the alarm as well as I get messages from my surveillance video around my house. I haven read about the use cases of Alexa in cars but it highly depends on the skill the cars is using. The downside is that you need to have contignous internet connection. So if you're in a garage without mobile connection you cannot use it - or at least not all functionality. The Tesla doesn't recognize me when having no Internet connection and after about 10-15 sec it shows "try again" i nthe display. Alexa would say "sorry, please ask me later".

One thing you can try with Alexa: "Alexa, tell me more about Lamborghini". She'll tell you "Lamborghini is a car manufacturer based in San't Agata, Italy, founded 1963 ....". If I ask "Alexa, where is Russk living ?", she'll reply "Russia is a country ...." LOL. I wonder how the implementation will be :)

·
Premium Member
13,545 Posts
I hadn't thought about how well Alexa will do with the top down. That will be problematic I'm pretty sure. We can always just use our hands if all else fails.

·
Registered
118 Posts
nothing makes up not having a proper volume button.

also you really look like a moron when you have a passenger with you and you talk to your car and it doesn't understand what you asked.

all the coolness of driving a lambo gone in 2 seconds.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts