Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally Bought my first Lambo, A 2013 orange Gallardo lp550, with 2300 miles on the odometer. Most of the time that I take it out I have this country road loop I make and then I take it home. Recently I have found hotels and Restaurant’s, That I feel safe leaving the car with valet. But there are some places that I do not feel safe taking it, I feel like I will come out and have kids sitting on it taking selfies. Last week my girlfriend wanted me to take it to M Sushi in Durham NC, and I refused they do not have valet you just park it on the streets of downtown Durham across from the prison. She got bent out of shape and said its just a car and did the I feel like the car is more important to me than her thing. So, to the other Owners on the forum how do you feel about leaving your Lambo on a downtown street or a congested target parking lot? Cause I do not feel like its just a car!

·
Premium Member
97.0 Diablo VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,579 Posts
Take your other car. If you are not comfortable parking at a place — and I totally understand that — you won’t be relaxed and won’t have your mind in the dinner conversation with your girl. That she says “it’s only a car” means she just does not understand and won’t understand your uneasy feeling. She’ll pick up on your uneasy mood and take it all wrong. So, in this case leave the G and take a less flashy car, enjoy your date, and take your other girlfriend— the G — out for breakfast.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was super cautious when I first got mine. Took a few weeks to be ok just leaving it most places. I haven’t had a selfie problem or weirdos around the car. My thing is more about maneuverability. I predrive most places in my other cars and understand if I’m going to cause myself a headache bringing the G. Would I street park it in downtown San Diego out of sight of me to go eat at a sit down place? Probably not. That’s a little steep and would be a fun conversation with insurance.

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
467 Posts
Totally agree w/ DiabloClyde. You won't have fun if you're forced to park it in some area you don't feel comfortable. At first I kind of had the (it's just a car) attitude about parking it too, but still parked it away from other cars in a parking lot (rather than make myself one of those that becomes a target for taking up two parking spaces) .... Until I came out of Giant one day after being in there for only dog food and saw a family taking pictures around it and one teenager was LEANING on the driver fender and mirror. Dad wasn't too happy about my reaction, but Really? I didn't think people were that disrespectful but I guess that's being naive about it. These cars will find them so you Have to be cautious. Now I know why I was finding hand and finger prints on the car and was wondering how they got there

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,523 Posts
So, to the other Owners on the forum how do you feel about leaving your Lambo on a downtown street or a congested target parking lot? Cause I do not feel like its just a car!
Two words.....NO WAY! My wife is as cautious or possibly more cautious with our Sports cars than I am. We use one of our daily drivers if parking is a concern; that way if the DD looks like a raisin when we come back to the parking space it's easier to take. One other thing, there are some malicious sorts, that if given the chance, would deface cars like ours for some sort of perverse pleasure..........

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yeah, it’s a constant challenge. When I’m on road trips I put a lot of effort in researching parking when searching accommodations. Often I choose AirBnB on the countryside because it is easier to communicated with the owner to arrange good parking, and usually they put in effort to solve it.
The poor turning radius of the Gallardo make hotel parking garages a challenge. I managed to stop the traffic in Monaco, because I got half way down to the garage, before I realized that I wouldn’t make it. So I had to back up again and the cars behind had to do the same and up on the street they had to stop the traffic to allow the cars out on the street. Top tip is to choose the parking garage by the train station in Monaco 😊
But sometimes I’m forced to leave it in the street and so far it has turned out okay. But it always feels a little scary.

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
467 Posts
I try to avoid bar/restaurants where the bar is busy, as people will have less inhibition to do things they normally wouldn't. I had a Porsche years ago that got keyed from headlight to taillight at about 10PM on a Friday night at one such place..........and I was parked right along with everybody else, nothing special

• Wow
Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
142 Posts
First and foremost, congratulations on your new Chariot and I wish you nothing but safe and memorable adventures.

Now on to the elephant in the room.

When I first read your post, my first reaction to your girlfriend’s attitude was not positive. I then showed your post to my wife and her reaction was even less positive than mine. It appears that your girlfriend is more concerned about how she looks arriving in your stunning Lamborghini than she does about your feelings. That is a HUGE red flag for me.

A mutually respectful and well balanced relationship gives a couple the absolute best chance for long term success and I certainly wish this for you. Even when you have a quality relationship it is still tremendously challenging at times. Life throws us many curve balls and a strong and loving relationship often helps us weather these storms better.

I know my opinion was unsolicited and I apologize in advance if I offended you. I only want the best for people and for the you.

Best................Rob

·
Registered
331 Posts
You not alone.
Street parking, bumper ding risk.
Shopping malls/ lots, must use end spaces
Valets, on so many stories.
Sometimes, you have to take a different car :)

How do I feel? Well it is just a car. But a car the ownership likes to have waxed and with no dings or damage present.
And then, any repair seems to have a high cost on it. So I park with caution.

·
Registered
138 Posts
NO, you are not being overly cautious. As I get older, I realize, that most people don't get to concerned about the well being of an expensive item until they are ones who earned the money to pay for it. Then, they usually become quite concerned,...

I believe Albert, was the one that said "my car is a point A, to point A car". I usually follow that rule.

FCHOPPERS, for what it is worth, I would just suggest not to leave car with valet. The one time I did, I asked the valet to ride with me and asked him kindly, could I park it myself in a safe spot. (They usually will put you up front) I gave him a $20 and took the key. Never, would I leave the key. I had a friend with an F40, had a valet park his car and it did not go well.

Have fun with your new car!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have both takes on it.

Yes, it is just a car. If anything happens to it you will be angry sad disappointed but in the bigger picture, nobody got hurt and nothing was lost. It’s just material and can be replaced. So it is what it is.

Now if you’re taking to a place where you don’t feel comfortable parking it, it will just ruin your entire dinner thinking about the car and being uneasy…so just don’t bring it.

Personally I try to only park it where I can vallet in front and I TAKE THE KEY WITH ME, or on the side of the road where I can take the key with me.

For me it’s better knowing that no one will drive my car, living in Miami I know that these vallet guys take the car for joy rides and really beat them and sometimes crash them… trust me getting in your car and finding the seat position changed is unnerving. If someone is taking a picture on it I am annoyed but I mean at least no one is damaging it or anything.

You have an amazing car! That looks amazing and everyone knows about it! It comes with the territory that people want to take pictures with it.

Forget what anyone tells you, enjoy your car and do what makes YOU happy and comfortable

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
for now, there is too much hate going on, and the personal to person violence has increased to a point that any unmitigated risk is not necessary. Im not suggesting we all drive around in cars that don't stand out and only go out to places that you go unnoticed.
But, taking a lamborghini next to prison is, to me, just asking for negative attention.
The climate the United States is such that those that are desperate have no problem using violence to the point of murder.

·
Registered
92 Posts
My car is mostly a point A to point A car, but sometimes if I haven't been able to drive it I'll be itching to take it out and will use it for a normal errand. In my area of Austin I have no problem parking it at the grocery store, Home Depot, Target, etc. In this area parking lots are generally not crowded so I can always find great spots and people around here almost seem to put effort into NOT noticing the car.

I will rarely even drive into other areas of Austin, much less park there, since the traffic puts the E Gear Gallardo into a situation doing the thing it's worst at, so no fun. It is interesting, though, how different the reactions are in different areas of town. If I take it to my fathers neighborhood which is an upper middle class cookie cutter area I'll have tons of people freaking out, giving compliments, etc, but in my town I think I may have only gotten one reaction and it was someone giving me the finger just for existing.

·
Registered
34 Posts
for now, there is too much hate going on, and the personal to person violence has increased to a point that any unmitigated risk is not necessary. Im not suggesting we all drive around in cars that don't stand out and only go out to places that you go unnoticed.
But, taking a lamborghini next to prison is, to me, just asking for negative attention.
The climate the United States is such that those that are desperate have no problem using violence to the point of murder.
this is a given but should be said and is true. Don’t go anywhere you might find your self at risk of being in the wrong neighborhood. I don’t go out at night if I’m low on gas and have to risk filling up at night in some random gas station…. And at red lights always be alert. We are in some weird times

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
I have never taken my car out for a dinner. I drive an every day car for that. I enjoy my car taking it out for a drive. That is what I wanted it for the driving experience not to show it off and for attention. I would never park anywhere you can not observe your car. Also there are so many incidents of valets not being able to work the paddles and crashing the car. Or doing something they should not with the same result. And then as it has been mentioned observers sitting or lying on the car taking pictures. Tell your girl you bought the car for what it is and for the driving experience it gives you. Not for the superficial attention it brings going out to dinner.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Pretty much the same anxiety everyone here has. And I will add that I won't let the valet park mine. I usually call ahead to see if a hotel lobby is busy or not (whether they will let me leave the car out the front rather than take it to the underground car park) before going to a valet car park. If they must park it away, I will insist on parking it myself. Side by side parking I don't do either, for the fear of dins by open doors. You can forget multi-storey car parks - often they are too small and too crowded. Popular nightspots isn't for the car either - too many drunk people wanting to sit on the bonnet or just plain old jealous fools resting their beer on the bonnet as a show of disrespect. I have no trouble taking the car to the country though.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,523 Posts
Now on to the elephant in the room.

When I first read your post, my first reaction to your girlfriend’s attitude was not positive. I then showed your post to my wife and her reaction was even less positive than mine. It appears that your girlfriend is more concerned about how she looks arriving in your stunning Lamborghini than she does about your feelings. That is a HUGE red flag for me.
:giggle: Pray tell? Is it a Lovers Question?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Pretty much the same anxiety everyone here has. And I will add that I won't let the valet park mine. I usually call ahead to see if a hotel lobby is busy or not (whether they will let me leave the car out the front rather than take it to the underground car park) before going to a valet car park. If they must park it away, I will insist on parking it myself. Side by side parking I don't do either, for the fear of dins by open doors. You can forget multi-storey car parks - often they are too small and too crowded. Popular nightspots isn't for the car either - too many drunk people wanting to sit on the bonnet or just plain old jealous fools resting their beer on the bonnet as a show of disrespect. I have no trouble taking the car to the country though.
I live in the country - it's the best place to be! Except for the deer.......gotta be careful there.
I have never let a valet park mine and try not to take it to the city unless I've been to that same spot before. Too risky.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I finally Bought my first Lambo, A 2013 orange Gallardo lp550, with 2300 miles on the odometer. Most of the time that I take it out I have this country road loop I make and then I take it home. Recently I have found hotels and Restaurant’s, That I feel safe leaving the car with valet. But there are some places that I do not feel safe taking it, I feel like I will come out and have kids sitting on it taking selfies. Last week my girlfriend wanted me to take it to M Sushi in Durham NC, and I refused they do not have valet you just park it on the streets of downtown Durham across from the prison. She got bent out of shape and said its just a car and did the I feel like the car is more important to me than her thing. So, to the other Owners on the forum how do you feel about leaving your Lambo on a downtown street or a congested target parking lot? Cause I do not feel like its just a car!

View attachment 298666
Ask her if she would like it if you left HER on a street corner in the darker-morals part of town at 3am. Because you wanted sushi. You either win the argument or, hey, you can make some money off her.

·
Registered
509 Posts

View attachment 298666
I never let a valet park mine either i will pay them not too. There some bar's/restaurants near me no worries parking as there usually cars nicer than my G (South Florida) but more than once i came back out to the car at a new spot where i parked far away from any other cars only to find idiot college girls taking their selfie while sitting on it. Never underestimate how stupid people are

1 - 20 of 42 Posts