Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a supply of egear buttons in aluminium?

I've got the dreaded sticky buttons on my 06 and wanted to replace them with something more durable.

Regards,
Daniel.

·
Vendor
2,666 Posts
This does not exist by anyone. I could probably make them, but they won't be cheap and might look funny inside the already aluminum housing. Some use clear nail polish over the buttons and that's a good trick.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I own a machine shop and could manufacture them as well. We can reverse engineer them to create digital models for the machining process. They could be anodized with different colors afterwards, which may help them pop. How easy is it to remove the buttons and how are they secured?

·
Registered
736 Posts
I would love some improved buttons. One thing to consider is that the buttons are backlit and show light through them so to retain that functionality you would have to laser cut the icons or use some kind of insert.

It’s not hard to get the button cluster out but it’s an integrated unit. Something I considered was designing a piece that would overlay the buttons and replace the puck so you could design hexagonal buttons that mirrored the design language in the aventador/huracan

·
Registered
12 Posts
Anyone know of a supply of egear buttons in aluminium?

I've got the dreaded sticky buttons on my 06 and wanted to replace them with something more durable.

Regards,
Daniel.
Sticky buttons is a thing.... I found that a goo remover like ‘desolvit’, cotton wool and a few sessions of 3-5 min of rubbing (the buttons) gets rid of the sticky stuff.... did mine 2 years ago and still sticky free.

Happy to help sourcing and shipping if you struggle to find it....

https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/de-solv-it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts