Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've asked this question before, but I'm still no closer to finding an all weather cover for my Gallardo. Italian Car Parts and California Covers haven't replied to my emails. ICP have had an order from me since March and have steadfastly ignored me since!

Any reliable covers retailers out there?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've always had great luck with Big Sky Car Covers (www.bigskycarcovers.com). I use the Noah fabric for my outdoor covers - nice because it breathes, rejects almost everything from outside and rolls up reasonably compactly. Big Sky generally drop ships from CoverCraft (they make almost everyone's covers but won't sell direct). Cost & delivery time depend on what CoverCraft has in stock.

It doesn't show on their web site yet, but I would assume they have a pattern for the Gallardo by now but who knows. You probably will need to call rather than check just the web site.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried California Covers one more time and got an immediate response. They are able to supply, so I've given them the order. I'll post a pic when to cover arrives.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have their thickest one...got cats...very happy with it. But it sounds like you're going to store that car outside for the winter :eek: lol

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
peter_k said:
But it sounds like you're going to store that car outside for the winter :eek: lol
Peter, thanks for the endorsement.

No, it is always stored undercover, but occasionally I need to use the garage space for something else and it would be handy to be able to park it outside in my yard for a day or two without worrying about visiting birds and tree fallout. I won't put my baby on the street overnight!

Anyway, the winter here is milder than the summer! Doesn't freeze but does get above 40degrees C. Getting warmer every day now, which is great. :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Gallardo car cover

Hi mhh,

OK, here his a first hand product endorsement from just up the road from you!

Three weeks ago I received my "all weather" car cover from Covercraft Europe. (based in UK) http://www.covercraft-europe.com/

I asked them for the best material possible. My criteria were :-
1/ fully waterproof
2/ UV resistant
3/ Scratch resistant
4/ Very lightweight and compact when stored

The material they recommended was "Weathershield". It's "claim to fame" is that the fibres are permanently impregnated by some "magic" process that makes it waterproof yet still allows it to breathe. I did a bit of research before ordering the cover and found the web site of the actual manufacturer of the material. Seems it was designed for sporting attire amongst other things - maybe a bit like "Gore-Tex" as is used for skiing jackets/pants.

Anyway, they said they had a template for the Gallardo, so I ordered a cover.

It fits PERFECTLY. The door mirror pockets seem to be designed to suit the Gallardo mirrors in both the normal out, and folded in positions - I was impressed!

The material is certainly very very lightweight, very easy to fold up and neatly store in the supplied pouch (made of the same material), and came with a security wire cable and padlock system (all totally encapsulated in soft clear PVC - so no risk of damage of the paintwork from the cable or padlock).

Also, the instructions say that it is machine washable (cold water only) using normal washing detergents, and the waterproofing properties remain unchanged (as long as you thoroughly rinse it several times - apparently this is important).

Actual delivery - 6 weeks (about 2 weeks more than they originally estimated - no big deal - they kept me in touch via e-mail).

I have not have the unit long enough to be able to comment on it's waterproof resistance etc, or obviously it's UV resistance (but they recommend I go for light grey as this has the best UV properties). But from my first impressions, and from my dealings with this company, I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending them. My dealings were with [email protected] <[email protected]>

I am a happy customer.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bunkhound, that's great news. California Covers retail for Covercraft and recommended a Weathershield, so that is what I've ordered too. I asked for yellow or another light colour.

Buying sight unseen is never much fun, so I'm glad to hear I've lucked into a good choice. I'm almost looking forward to leaving the car out in the elements now! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts