Lamborghini Talk banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
NO worries my fella' Hope you don't have to go through on any rebuilding crap, however, if this happens to anyone feel free to ask me any question.

My one piece of advice to all "Just stop taking any advice from any Vendors from this forum and especially do not go to their recommended workshops". Stick together with other true GALLARDO enthusiasts like yourself and do YOUR HOMEWORK together before you move on of any kind of repair. Repairing these Super Sportscars are the same as any other car. Some of the vendors here are not good and damaging the reputation of their own fellow honest hardworking vendors.

Once the car sold, then all of these supersport car manufactures are here to sell the parts (for 300 times more profit - lol) and support their Techs. They have no care for their customers at all.

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
There should be a separate area for listing and pushing products of what ever and not mixed in with the discussions on the forum. These products could be listed where one can search and if interested in anything then ask for advice or help with the product. We should push for a separate vender section!

·
Vendor
2,417 Posts
Figured I might as well put the proper procedure in here. This is what I do in my own car and per the manual. You gotta get oil temp to 90 deg Celsius, which you can't really do without driving for about 7 miles, or about 10 min. You don't want to let it idle. The best way to do it is AFTER every drive...

This is where you want it, 90 c

Make it a habit (keep paper towels in your garage). When you're on your way back home, drive for about 1 min at the 1,900 - 2,300 rpm, then turn off, and check the oil within 1 min. Way easier to do after you come home and then turn it off.

Also, my 2008 manual for pre Lp/Superlegerra says it can use up to 1 quart every 621 miles. Fill to the 2nd dot which is max, don't go over that for cars with 2 dots.

I always have extra oil on hand. My current favorite and you can find on Amazon currently.

·
Registered
285 Posts
In Australia, only one TRACKED HEAVILY car has needed a rebuild.
Plenty of Pre LPs over here with +70000 KILOMETRES on them .
Basically all rock solid (but never tracked).
Life is too short, if you are going to worry about your car "breaking" buy a painting and stick it on the wall (but then it could get stolen, house fire, etc., etc.,).

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
I believe you meant to check the oil while hot before putting the car away. You don't want to check while the engine is running, but within a minute after turning it off.
I zero out the trip meter every time I add oil, and check the oil level at the 500 mile mark. Pretty fool proof way to ensure proper oil level. Mine usually drinks about 16 oz. every 500 miles, which I think is about average for my 2008.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Jason, you are spot on and thank you for the tip. By habit, I always check my boat and cars (exotics, anyway) before going out but very clearly the dry sump system on the G requires knowing in advance you have enough/not too much oil before starting and warming up the engine. So, my new habit will be measure after a drive.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts