Lamborghini Talk banner

All of the Lamborghini Gallardo Factory Wheel Options

17K views 37 replies 22 participants last post by  FontusBluG 
#1 ·
My personal favorite wheel I lusted over for years was the Callisto wheel. I was lucky enough to find a car in the exact combo I wanted with that wheel. The info below is very informative.

The Lamborghini Gallardo is one of the coolest cars in the marketplace and it has worn some of the most iconic wheel designs of any car, ever. Here are examples of the different wheels that have been available on the car throughout the years.

Since 2003 the Gallardo has been produced in many forms and with many different wheel design options. The original wheel design was called the Cassiopeia design. It was available in a Satin Silver finish only when the car was launched. This was the standard wheel for the Gallardo from MY 2004-2008.

In 2005, Lamborghini introduced an accessory package that included an additional set of wheels, which were Cassiopeia wheels in a titanium color. Throughout the years, the titanium finish has been reserved for the more sporting variations of the Gallardo. Eventually the titanium color became a factory option.

In 2006 there were a lot of changes to the Gallardo. One was a wheel option called the Callisto Wheel. It is a 2 piece design that is still available on the LP550 and LP560 today. On the 2006 Gallardo SE, the Callisto wheels were standard in a titanium color. That color remained available as an option for Gallardos.

In 2007 when Lamborghini released the Nera Edition Gallardo, they came standard with black Callisto Wheels. Those remain an option today as well. Many Callisto wheels have been painted black from the factory but if they are originally black, the bolts around the face of the wheel will be unpainted.

In 2008 when Lamborghini introduced the Superleggera, the only available wheel for the car was the Scorpius wheel. It was manufactured by OZ and painted titanium. This was also the standard wheel on the 2010 Valentino Balboni Gallardo, the 2011 LP550-2 Bicolore, the 2011 LP570-4 Blancpain, and is now available on the LP550-2.
[imghttps://edbolian.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Lamborghini-Gallardo-Apollo-Wheels1.jpg]/img]
In 2009 Lamborghini added 2 wheel options with the launch of the LP560. The first, which replaced the Cassiopeia wheel as standard, is the Apollo wheel. It is only available in a satin silver finish.

The second wheel design that was introduced in 2009 is called the Cordelia wheel. It was originally offered in a polished finish.

It was also offered in black.

In 2011, when Lamborghini released the second iteration of the Superleggera, they brought out a second version of the Scorpius Wheel. This wheel was painted in the traditional titanium color and was also on the LP570-4 Performante.

On the 2012 LP570-4 Super Trofeo Stradale, the newer Scorpius wheel was standard, painted black.

In 2013 and 2014, Lamborghini released a facelifted Gallardo called the Final Edition LP560-4. They wore a special diamond turned version of the Apollo wheel.

Info taken from Ed Bolian.

See less See more
#13 ·
Old thread I know [emoji5]

Is there any way of getting my black Apollos to look like the diamond cut ones [emoji848] I've been told it's not possible cause the finer spoke is lower than the thicker one. But it seems to be the same in the diamond cut ones also [emoji79]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

#15 ·
Scorpius I wheels are on the pre-LP Superleggeras, the LP Balbonis and the Anniversary cars. Scorpius II wheels are on the LP Superleggeras and Spyder Performantes. At least that was the base factory installation. Buyers who ordered cars could specify any available wheel and many chose the Callistos.

#26 ·
This alone translates to 14kg weight savings on the car overall, and a huge % reduction on the unsprung weight of the wheels.

Weight savings like this should translate to significant improvement in 0-100 times... I know this from my JDM car days and swapping out 17 inch for 15 inch alloys and measuring the resulting improvement... I think it was something like close to 0.7sec difference in 0-100 times... but on a much lesser car than the Gallardo of course.

Mark, did you measure any change in acceleration before and after the swap?

#19 ·
Resurrecting this thread to check whether the Scorpius I wheel, which were an option on the LP550-2, were different between the SL and LP550-2 cars?

For some reason, the part number differs so I wondered whether they may be different spec?

Presumably there are no fitment issues across the wheel styles / model generations?

#21 ·
I thought the magnesium content was a myth?

The cost is difficult to compare because the wheels are from different suppliers, one used (UK) and one refurbished (Italy).

#23 ·
Okay, thanks markiii.

Do you (or anyone else) have any information on the weight difference between the Scorpius I and Scorpius II wheels?

#24 ·
hard info no afraid not. I can give you definative weight on the Scorpious 2 if that helps?

i've heard but not verified that the 1 is lighter than the 2. Judging by the amount of metal that surprises me as I'd have though it was the other way around.

if the 1's are Mags though this might explain the comparison.

#25 ·
That's helpful, thanks markiii.

I think the Scorpius II weights are listed earlier in this thread.

Final question: are the centre caps exchangeable between the 2 Scorpius wheel generations?

#28 ·
I've had three Gallardo's of different variants with 3 different rims. Personally prefer the Callisto's.

Reactions: mr_engineer
#29 ·
100% wholeheartedly agree.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Reactions: mr_engineer
#31 ·
Apollo's were my least fav! My Black Callisto's were my fav

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.