Lamborghini Talk banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts
Something else to note, I think there is a culture shift happening among younger people (generally Lamborghini owners are on the younger side).

I'm noticing more people who are saying their dream car is a Tesla. More people who think cars with loud exhaust and big engines are downright uncool. This, on top of the fact that most (not all) people buying modern Lamborghinis, arent exactly doing it because they care about the engine, sound, or anything driving related. They care about how it looks in front of the club and how many people will look their way in traffic. Of course that doesnt apply to everyone, but I think thats the case more often than not. I would bet money that if you walked up to lamborghini owners around LA and asked them what the displacement of their engine was, probably 10% would actually know. People just dont care. To most people Ferrari and Lamborghini may as well be fashion brands.

Something else to note, I think there is a culture shift happening among younger people (generally Lamborghini owners are on the younger side).I'm noticing more people who are saying their dream car is a Tesla. More people who think cars with loud exhaust and big engines are downright uncool.
Good point, this came up in a discussion I had with my 19 y/o nephew. He may not be disclosing his entire opinion to avoid hurting my feelings, but he did express those very ideals as the opinions of some of his friends (and then they will be influencing the even younger kids)

As was mentioned above I bet the twin turbo V8 will be 100% an Audi engine (not built or assembled in Italy), perhaps just the 4.0L currently in the Urus (and Q8 and Cayenne). I'd assume the issue is less that Lambo is truly getting killed by government/emissions regulations and more that they see a huge cost savings if they can share that engine across another platform.

I sure hope Lamborghini doesn't evolve into just another flavor of Audi vehicles, an Audi with the flare of Italian fashion/design. The soul of the brand is gone in that case, as to me Lamborghini is so much more than the emblem and some exotic colored hexagonal stitching.
I’m pretty sure non of the V10’s were build in Italy. And the Gallardo bodywork was made in Germany.

flair.
LP5000SS's had flares.
All Lamborghinis have flair.
Indeed. Thanks.

I’m pretty sure non of the V10’s were build in Italy. And the Gallardo bodywork was made in Germany.
I believe the 5.0L in the preLP Gallardo was built in Italy. It is hard to find a good source for this info aside from some old interviews with Stephan Winkelmann though. I've always been curious about the evolution of parts/design capabilities as Audi took control of Lamborghini. Pros and cons to it all for sure.

Balboni could answer that question. He visits dealerships all over the US, even here in Hawaii, I’ll ask him next time.

Indeed. Thanks.

I believe the 5.0L in the preLP Gallardo was built in Italy. It is hard to find a good source for this info aside from some old interviews with Stephan Winkelmann though. I've always been curious about the evolution of parts/design capabilities as Audi took control of Lamborghini. Pros and cons to it all for sure.
Sorry, got it wrong. Crankcase and engine block were made in the Audi engine plant in Hungary, the bodywork in Heilbronn and then painted at Audi in the neighboring German city of Neckarsulm (where I used to live)
But the engine was made at Lambo.
When I visited the factory two years ago I only saw a production line for the V12, so the V10 of today seems to be made somewhere else.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
This should apply to both the 5.0 and 5.2 Gallardo engine,
"The crankcase and cylinder block are built at the Audi Hungaria Zrt. factory in Győr, Hungary, whilst final assembly is carried out at Sant'Agata Bolognese, Italy."

This should apply to the Huracan engine,
"The new Huracan's V10 engine is made in Audi's Gyor, Hungary plant and arrives in Italy fully dressed."

It should be noted that the 5.2 ltr engine is redesigned, re engineered, metallurgy upgrades, and is a much stronger engine than the 5.0 ltr.

I had already decided I'll probably never want to own a modern Lamborghini, but thats extra sad. Whats even the point? Just close the company instead of turning it into another generic sports car factory. No sense in having a TT V8 in a lamborghini. I'm sure its just an audi engine, too.

Performance is meaningless these days. Want performance? Go buy a Taycan or a Model S. Driving dynamics and the experience it offers is what matters, and without a V10 I just dont see the point. I dont know why people want these rocket ship cars with 800hp. I honestly think its just for bragging rights. You cant use it on the road. You just cant. What is fun about having your foot down for 2 seconds before you have to let up because you're already going 100mph? They're completely useless.
Have you ever owned or even gone down the road in a 800+ supercar? The model S might be a good choice for you.

Have you ever owned or even gone down the road in a 800+ supercar? The model S might be a good choice for you.
...What? Not sure how you could read my reply and think I would be remotely interested in any electric car or the model S.

My corvette is faster than about any production car on the market. I know what fast car is like. I'm saying that having a car with 800+ horsepower is pointless. Its less fun on the road. Flooring it for 1 second before being 40mph over the speed limit is not fun. Accelerating in a straight line gets old over time. Its one trick. Modern exotic cars are too fast to be fun and should start focusing on driving dynamics again.

Seriously, go drive an older V12 Lamborghini or an older Ferrari with a manual and tell me you need it to be faster. They're fun as-is because of their dynamics and the unique sensory experience they offer. Going fast in a straight line is a cheap trick that can be achieved by anybody these days. Its fun for as while if its new to you. Thats about it.

Discussion starter · #33 ·
...What? Not sure how you could read my reply and think I would be remotely interested in any electric car or the model S.

My corvette is faster than about any production car on the market. I know what fast car is like. I'm saying that having a car with 800+ horsepower is pointless. Its less fun on the road. Flooring it for 1 second before being 40mph over the speed limit is not fun. Accelerating in a straight line gets old over time. Its one trick. Modern exotic cars are too fast to be fun and should start focusing on driving dynamics again.

Seriously, go drive an older V12 Lamborghini or an older Ferrari with a manual and tell me you need it to be faster. They're fun as-is because of their dynamics and the unique sensory experience they offer. Going fast in a straight line is a cheap trick that can be achieved by anybody these days. Its fun for as while if its new to you. Thats about it.
Plus one!

I couldn’t have said any better👍

These brands have to evolve to survive. Besides, you're going to look pretty silly sitting in a car making all sorts of loud noises when a family sedan smokes you off the lights.
LOLz that's like saying a supermodel is suddenly unattractive because she has a Slovenian accent, but can't belt a tennis ball with the same gusto as Serena Williams.

Definitely keeping my 2018 Huracan Perfomonte... Every time I drive it I have a new love affair with it! One thing for everyone to keep in mind is that ALL car makers are still mass producing gasoline powered cars soooo.... There here to stay for a long time to come! :cool: At 58 years old.... Electric cars are NOT bag!!!

Discussion starter · #40 ·
Definitely keeping my 2018 Huracan Perfomonte... Every time I drive it I have a new love affair with it! One thing for everyone to keep in mind is that ALL car makers are still mass producing gasoline powered cars soooo.... There here to stay for a long time to come! :cool: At 58 years old.... Electric cars are NOT bag!!!
6 Car Brands Planning to Go Electric by 2030

All electric is coming sooner than you think.

• of 8. Jaguar (2025) Jaguar has unveiled plans to reimagine itself as an electric brand. ...
  • of 8. Bentley (2030) ...
  • of 8. Cadillac (2030) ...
  • of 8. Lotus (2030) ...
  • of 8. Mini (2030) ...
  • of 8. Volvo (2030) ...

21 - 40 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.