Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

"Company insiders have indicated that the Huracán's replacement will lose that car’s V-10 – which is shared with the soon-to-die Audi R8 – and will instead get a twin-turbocharged V-8."

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
276 Posts
Ughh..... I have a twin-turbo V8..... and so do many other cars.

The dreamers might want to think about taking the plunge if possible and becoming buyers....soon before prices get stupid.
Knowing this fact now I wonder what would take for me to put mine up for sale in few years.... maybe I'll have it longer than I was originally anticipating

Reactions: Dee Zed

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ughh..... I have a twin-turbo V8..... and so do many other cars.

The dreamers might want to think about taking the plunge if possible and becoming buyers....soon before prices get stupid.
Knowing this fact now I wonder what would take for me to put mine up for sale in few years.... maybe I'll have it longer than I was originally anticipating
This is one reason to keep your Gallardo.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,535 Posts
The loss of the V-10 was rumored and expected. Though, those with V-10s probably will hold on to them but I am curious what performance numbers Lamborghini will deliver with the new V-8TT. Time will tell and who knows we could be pleasantly impressed.

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
165 Posts
There are many small displacement turbo motors making previously unheard of torque and HP numbers. Add in hybrid (electric) and performance may be shockingly good. All of that said I worry that something of the soul of Lambo rests in the big motor noises they make.

·
Registered
181 Posts
The loss of the V-10 was rumored and expected. Though, those with V-10s probably will hold on to them but I am curious what performance numbers Lamborghini will deliver with the new V-8TT. Time will tell and who knows we could be pleasantly impressed.
There are many small displacement turbo motors making previously unheard of torque and HP numbers. Add in hybrid (electric) and performance may be shockingly good. All of that said I worry that something of the soul of Lambo rests in the big motor noises they make.
Performance wise, we'll definitely be impressed. However, stats is not the only thing that makes a car. The sound of a NA V10/V12, paired with the driving experience, is second to none. I've driven my friends 488 Spider, there is no emotion while driving. Now that I have a performante Spyder, I laugh, cry, scream, EVERY SINGLE DRIVE. The emotion is what I'm paying for. Not how much HP it has or the 0-60.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Performance wise, we'll definitely be impressed. However, stats is not the only thing that makes a car. The sound of NA V10/V12, paired with the driving experience, is second to none. I've driven my friends 488 Spider, there is no emotion while driving. Now that I have a performante Spyder, I laugh, cry, scream, EVERY SINGLE DRIVE. The emotion is what I'm paying for. Not how much HP it has or the 0-60.
Very well said! 0-60 is not the most important aspect of a car.
Clean examples of the Gallardo will be sought after and hold their value if not increase. Acquire a good example while you can.

·
Premium Member
6,535 Posts
Not how much HP it has or the 0-60.
Me too :rolleyes:, then again, maybe a little. :giggle: 🏎

Addendum: HP + 0 to 60 is also good for the soul plus if you do any soul searching you can accomplish that much quicker.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I had already decided I'll probably never want to own a modern Lamborghini, but thats extra sad. Whats even the point? Just close the company instead of turning it into another generic sports car factory. No sense in having a TT V8 in a lamborghini. I'm sure its just an audi engine, too.

Performance is meaningless these days. Want performance? Go buy a Taycan or a Model S. Driving dynamics and the experience it offers is what matters, and without a V10 I just dont see the point. I dont know why people want these rocket ship cars with 800hp. I honestly think its just for bragging rights. You cant use it on the road. You just cant. What is fun about having your foot down for 2 seconds before you have to let up because you're already going 100mph? They're completely useless.

·
Registered
63 Posts
the twin turbo v8 works great in my SUV, but a lambo supercar? They need to find a way to protect the amazing sounds of these cars.

Reactions: Young CEO

·
Registered
212 Posts
I think its absurd that low volume manufacturers have the same limits as everyone else. Regulations should limit the daily driving economy cars that sell 800k units per year. Not the 15k huracans that will sell over the entire model run, that most people will drive no more than 100 miles per month in.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
I had already decided I'll probably never want to own a modern Lamborghini, but thats extra sad. Whats even the point? Just close the company instead of turning it into another generic sports car factory. No sense in having a TT V8 in a lamborghini. I'm sure its just an audi engine, too.

Performance is meaningless these days. Want performance? Go buy a Taycan or a Model S. Driving dynamics and the experience it offers is what matters, and without a V10 I just dont see the point. I dont know why people want these rocket ship cars with 800hp. I honestly think its just for bragging rights. You cant use it on the road. You just cant. What is fun about having your foot down for 2 seconds before you have to let up because you're already going 100mph? They're completely useless.
Well that’s just a punch in the gut…errrr…goat!!!

·
Registered
181 Posts

You'll get bored of the Taycan in 10 minutes. I NEVER get bored of my Lambo.

Like you said, experience is what matters.

For a brand that really started the whole sound + driving experience, it's a shame they go through that transition. However, I don't blame them. They're owned by a public company and their main priority is/should be increasing shareholder value.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
The market speaks which is why NA V8 458s command higher resale than similarly equipped TT V8 488s. Now it's going TT V6 hybrid. Unnecessary added weight and complexity IMO.

The sound is an intergral part of the driving experience for me. Muzzling it with turbos and GPFs and piping fake sound into the cabin is the beginning of the end.

·
Registered
2008 Superleggera
140 Posts
You'll get bored of the Taycan in 10 minutes. I NEVER get bored of my Lambo.

Like you said, experience is what matters.

For a brand that really started the whole sound + driving experience, it's a shame they go through that transition. However, I don't blame them. They're owned by a public company and their main priority is/should be increasing shareholder value.
Sadly though its due to Governments cramming down regulations on all automakers that's causing this shift.

·
Premium Member
6,535 Posts
With the introduction of turbos to Lamborghinis' it may be the end of an era, that is, our era than there will be a new group of enthusiasts that will come along and accept the changes with less resistance. With the advent of the Green New Deal welcome to the new era.

·
Registered
263 Posts
As was mentioned above I bet the twin turbo V8 will be 100% an Audi engine (not built or assembled in Italy), perhaps just the 4.0L currently in the Urus (and Q8 and Cayenne). I'd assume the issue is less that Lambo is truly getting killed by government/emissions regulations and more that they see a huge cost savings if they can share that engine across another platform.

I sure hope Lamborghini doesn't evolve into just another flavor of Audi vehicles, an Audi with the flare of Italian fashion/design. The soul of the brand is gone in that case, as to me Lamborghini is so much more than the emblem and some exotic colored hexagonal stitching.

·
Premium Member
6,535 Posts
I know this is not a revelation to forum members but Lamborghini wants what we want..........................but they are between a rock and hard place regarding the new emissions standards. Simple, bend or break.......bending is way smarter and the best possible option. ;) 🇮🇹

·
Registered
788 Posts
I know this is not a revelation to forum members but Lamborghini wants what we want..........................but they are between a rock and hard place regarding the new emissions standards. Simple, bend or break.......bending is way smarter and the best possible option. ;) 🇮🇹
China should acquire Lamborghini from Audi. That way no country on the planet can stop them from making ICE exotics

1 - 20 of 53 Posts