Lamborghini Talk banner

All Huracan Production Ceased as of 07/07/22?

15012 196
Just got off the phone with a dealer who mentioned that they received an email yesterday from Lamborghini stating that all Huracan production is ceasing, with only vehicles currently in production being completed, and all other orders being cancelled.

When I specifically mentioned the Tecnica, he said that everyone who put a deposit down isn't going to get their cars because the email said they're ceasing all production.

I can't imagine after all the resources they put into "creating" the Tecnica, despite supply chain constraints, that they'd just finish in-production cars and abandon the Huracan from now.

EDIT: He also mentioned the car isn't in their system anymore so they couldn't submit an order into it if they wanted.

Anyone else hear of this yet?
Reactions: impccan
161 - 180 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Will the STO be discontinued when the Sterrato starts production? If so, I can't imagine there are many more months left of STO production - or at least of any meaningful volume.
given the information available and things going on, I assume that the Steratto will probably be a much more limited production vehicle, if at all commercialized

·
Registered
2022 Rosso Mars Huracan STO
17,381 Posts
As of yesterday, here is what I was told by my source:

Hi, I need to hold off on orders till September.
Lamborghini sent out a letter this month saying that effective immediately they will be suspending order validation for all Huracan models due to parts constraints.

They will assess the situation and let us know what they will be doing moving forward once the factory reopens after their summer break at the end of August.

I think we will be ok with STO orders in the fall. However, I can not validate an order”

So that’s that.
What you have been told is pretty consistent with my SA recently communicated to me as well. Though, my SA felt supply constraints were not affecting production although he did state that there were some Carbon Fiber shortages.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm trading my TTS for a GT3 Touring and was going to use the Tecnica as a less track-focused sports car when it arrived. With all of this uncertainty I'm wondering if I should be looking at other options at this point.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Some of you are really hell bent about these cars selling over msrp. Makes me wonder if you're buying to actually enjoy these cars or looking to flip.

I can't wait until this market returns to normal so it can weed out all the flippers.
I definitely bought my car to enjoy, but I am not rich enough to turn down a $100,000 profit on a $250,000 investment.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Charlotte got an AWD Spyder allocation this month, so def still making AWD EVO's. I'm next spyder up (and I believe last order that was validated). Sounds like factory now allocating coupe and spyders separately now (before I believe it was dealer option). Must be getting near the bottom of the parts bin...

·
Premium Member
2,926 Posts
Lambo will continue to milk, I mean build, the H until the very end. Anyone saying otherwise is out to lunch and don't be shocked if they drop a final editon H similar to the Ultimae.
They will continue building till the end but I'm sure there is more deposits for cars than will get allocations. Good thing is a lot of the later orders were probably flippers

·
Registered
122 Posts
Charlotte got an AWD Spyder allocation this month, so def still making AWD EVO's. I'm next spyder up (and I believe last order that was validated). Sounds like factory now allocating coupe and spyders separately now (before I believe it was dealer option). Must be getting near the bottom of the parts bin...
Nice. I've, supposedly, been the next AWD coupe in line for the past 4-5 months. Crossing fingers for the allocation in the next 2-3 months.

V.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #176 ·
@Lambo2018 have you heard anything from your dealer recently regarding re-starting after their shut down / holiday and what they'll build going forward (until the end)? I.E Would they take orders for EVO (new orders that weren't allocated yet, though I understand "orders" are sold out at dealers). Hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
8 Posts
@Lambo2018 have you heard anything from your dealer recently regarding re-starting after their shut down / holiday and what they'll build going forward (until the end)? I.E Would they take orders for EVO (new orders that weren't allocated yet, though I understand "orders" are sold out at dealers). Hope that makes sense.
My Evo AWD arrives at the end of the month. My dealer told me that all Evo production is accounted for and it is no longer possible to order one.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,732 Posts
I wonder if they are still producing any STO's. New allocations have come to a halt!

Reactions: kotykb

·
Registered
8 Posts
I wonder if they are still producing any STO's. New allocations have come to a halt!

Oh he just said Hurricans, didn’t make a distinction of STO or not.

Also advised the replacement is being announced in 2024 with deliveries either end of 24 or start of 25.

This dealer is in Europe and was very accurate on pre release info for the Tecnica.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #180 ·
@Jay21 with that said (new announcing in 2024)...that still leaves a lot of time to produce cars before re-tooling is needed. I'm sure they dont want to stop the assembly lines (money makers) before they absolutely have to.

Does anybody know how long before the first deliveries of the Huracan they stopped producing the Gallardo?

161 - 180 of 197 Posts