Lamborghini Talk banner
141 - 160 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Interesting topic. I absolutely LOVE my STO but decided to order a 296GTB. Ordered site unseen and will test drive tomorrow. I wont sell my STO but am thinking I can "straddle NA and ICE/Hybrid". Pure EV I dont think so.
Good combo to have . I test drove a 296GTB before deciding on a STO , car is powerful from any gear due to the electric motor pushing you out of the corner or from dig but unfortunately is not something that I would like forward to driving on the weekend , drives or on track . I prefer NA engines anytime and hybrid motors didn’t really cut it for me . Now if I could afford both , then yes would be perfect pair to have

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan Rosso Mars Metallic STO
16,435 Posts
Interesting topic. I absolutely LOVE my STO but decided to order a 296GTB. Ordered site unseen and will test drive tomorrow. I wont sell my STO but am thinking I can "straddle NA and ICE/Hybrid". Pure EV I dont think so.
I would also be interested in your impressions of the 296GTB. I think the power may be worth a little less of a symphony. Some forum members where not impressed with the appearance of the 296 but to me it looks pretty darn good. In any event, Congrats on the new acquisition!

Reactions: shack

·
Premium Member
16,435 Posts
For me getting a hybrid is not something I look forward to, I usually repair my own vehicles and I'm afraid it's going to be a whole lot more complex to figure out when an issue arises. That also means I would probably need a new electrical panel and a plug outside, several thousands just for a special plug.
It's great that you can do your own automotive repairs but in my case a man's got to know his limitations. So, whether a 10 Cylinder NA engine or a Hybrid engine I will leave service and repairs to hands more capable than my own.

Reactions: WD3 and Vitveet

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
It's great that you can do your own automotive repairs but in my case a man's got to know his limitations. So, whether a 10 Cylinder NA engine or a Hybrid engine I will leave service and repairs to hands more capable than my own.
We all have fields of knowledge and some fields not so much.

I car repair a lot of things on a car but not all, I have my limits too. Back then I couldn't afford to have my vehicle repaired so I bought some tools and a book. The most aggravating is when the pros are stumped and I have to figure it out on my own.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Good combo to have . I test drove a 296GTB before deciding on a STO , car is powerful from any gear due to the electric motor pushing you out of the corner or from dig but unfortunately is not something that I would like forward to driving on the weekend , drives or on track . I prefer NA engines anytime and hybrid motors didn’t really cut it for me . Now if I could afford both , then yes would be perfect pair to have
296 looks ugly in photos any better in the metal? Thought my 458 Spider was gorgeous but since then ive not been impressed with any mid-engine Ferrari design. 488 Buck Tooth front F8 looks derivative and SF90 fugly.

Love the Tecnica design though.

·
Registered
96 Posts
let us know your views after the test drive. I’ll keep an eye out for it in fchat too.
So drove the 296 today and was very impressed. Car was insanely fast and power delivery very linear. I quite liked all the modes and played with them quite a bit. Ev mode is great for not waking the neighbors and when u just want a bit of quiet time. I found the brakes WAY better ito feel than previous Ferrari's (almost Porsche like). You get used to the digital stuff and frankly once you have set the car up the way u like it you don't really play with it that much. One item I really did NOT like is the position of the Start/Stop "touch" button. I was just messing with the steering wheel at the lights and inadvertently "brush" the Start/Stop and it turned off the car. A silly position for the button IMO.

All in all a great car and while I could not really stretch its legs it really is an all round awesome package. I particularly like the looks and especially the rear qtr. I will drive it on the track in two weeks so maybe I can give it a better go. I would highly recommend a test drive even if you have no intention of buying one. Mac and Lambo will have equivalent products and at least one can then get an informed opinion.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Not surprised that the order banks closed and similar to what ferrari did with the f8 last october and sf90 in December. They know how much they want to produce and if they reach those orders i can see them closing the order banks. The questions i have is whether the orders that were placed if all of them will get fullfilled or not. Also with the economy heading south, are some customers going to cancel their orders/deposits and if that allows someone else to come in and take over that order and potenially be able to modify it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Not surprised that the order banks closed and similar to what ferrari did with the f8 last october and sf90 in December. They know how much they want to produce and if they reach those orders i can see them closing the order banks. The questions i have is whether the orders that were placed if all of them will get fullfilled or not. Also with the economy heading south, are some customers going to cancel their orders/deposits and if that allows someone else to come in and take over that order and potenially be able to modify it.
may be someone can shed some more light on this but typically, the deposit will be forfeited if you cancel an order. In most cases the deposit is $10K - $30K. "Economy may be going south" is a prediction by a lot of people but who knows, I am optimistic that it will be getting better and stronger over the next year, with the fed raising rates, gas prices going down, will stop the home buying and cheap car buying frenzy. People who are planning to buy a $300K new car hopefully have enough juice but who knows lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
I can only share my experience and my deposit is refundable. In cases where someone was going to over leverage themselves they may take the financial hit of a lost deposit and burn the relationship with a dealer than have some other major liquidity issue to deal. Having said all that from recent experience ive seen my local F dealer fulfill all the f8 orders and no one backed out even though investment portfolios are down significantly. Lets see how it all plays out. Good luck to everyone that has an unfulfilled order or trying to get an order in.

·
Premium Member
16,435 Posts
Just got off the telephone with my SA and nothing new on the current order cessation. My SA thinks we won't know anything more regarding the order stoppage until early September following the August factory vacation hiatus.

Reactions: LHP

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,256 Posts
I suppose going forward, it will all be about looks and tech as all exotics will be ‘insanely fast”.

·
Premium Member
2022 Grigio Lynx EVO Spyder RWD
227 Posts
Just got off the phone with a dealer who mentioned that they received an email yesterday from Lamborghini stating that all Huracan production is ceasing, with only vehicles currently in production being completed, and all other orders being cancelled.

When I specifically mentioned the Tecnica, he said that everyone who put a deposit down isn't going to get their cars because the email said they're ceasing all production.

I can't imagine after all the resources they put into "creating" the Tecnica, despite supply chain constraints, that they'd just finish in-production cars and abandon the Huracan from now.

EDIT: He also mentioned the car isn't in their system anymore so they couldn't submit an order into it if they wanted.

Anyone else hear of this yet?
As of yesterday, here is what I was told by my source:

Hi, I need to hold off on orders till September.
Lamborghini sent out a letter this month saying that effective immediately they will be suspending order validation for all Huracan models due to parts constraints.

They will assess the situation and let us know what they will be doing moving forward once the factory reopens after their summer break at the end of August.

I think we will be ok with STO orders in the fall. However, I can not validate an order”

So that’s that.

141 - 160 of 175 Posts