Lamborghini Talk banner
121 - 140 of 175 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,256 Posts
Some of you are really hell bent about these cars selling over msrp. Makes me wonder if you're buying to actually enjoy these cars or looking to flip.

I can't wait until this market returns to normal so it can weed out all the flippers.
I just want to get a great price on my trade in when the time comes, but by that time who knows where the prices will be. Having said that, if I got my STO and someone offered me $100k over MSRP it would be hard to pass up.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan Rosso Mars Metallic STO
16,435 Posts
Some of you are really hell bent about these cars selling over msrp. Makes me wonder if you're buying to actually enjoy these cars or looking to flip.

I can't wait until this market returns to normal so it can weed out all the flippers.
The car market will normalize to a certain extent but I wonder if the COVID scare has created a larger base of enthusiasts made up mostly of the YOLO crowd.

Reactions: kotykb

·
Registered
594 Posts
The car market will normalize to a certain extent but I wonder if the COVID scare has created a larger base of enthusiasts made up mostly of the YOLO crowd.
I think the realization that next gen cars will be heavier, quieter, electrified and have more safety nannies is creating an unusually high demand for current model supercars. I think there will be fewer H owners inclined to 'upgrade' to the replacement than in past new platform releases.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Also during covid alot of people got rich rather fast. Many had purchased a side investment property which in Canada more then doubled in value in a couple years. Some of them used the profits to buy toys or more investments and some used it to pay off some if not all their debts. Still extra income to spread around after and enjoy.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
I think the realization that next gen cars will be heavier, quieter, electrified and have more safety nannies is creating an unusually high demand for current model supercars. I think there will be fewer H owners inclined to 'upgrade' to the replacement than in past new platform releases.
Wishful thinking and Lamborghini owners a different type of buyer than say Ferrari and Porsche.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Also during covid alot of people got rich rather fast. Many had purchased a side investment property which in Canada more then doubled in value in a couple years. Some of them used the profits to buy toys or more investments and some used it to pay off some if not all their debts. Still extra income to spread around after and enjoy.
There's a difference between liquid and paper gains or people borrowing against equity to buy toys. And I don't buy into the narrative that there's still extra income to spread around for supercars.

·
Registered
402 Posts
There's a difference between liquid and paper gains or people borrowing against equity to buy toys. And I don't buy into the narrative that there's still extra income to spread around for supercars.
I agree but most people aren't logical thinkers they impulse buy. I know alot of people who purchased higher end cars (not necessarily supercars) just because they got extra cash from the sale of their extra home they were renting out.

I mean 7 years ago the average home was 450k in smaller cities around Toronto and Vancouver. Now those same homes sold for 1.45m. Big increase in a short period of time. Alot of people got drunk on the money fast.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
And which is why the rate hikes will wipe out a lot of people who are overleveraged and can't afford to service their debt which is now all of a sudden more expensive than it was a year ago.

·
Registered
402 Posts
And which is why the rate hikes will wipe out a lot of people who are overleveraged and can't afford to service their debt which is now all of a sudden more expensive than it was a year ago.
All I said was alot of people got rich quick... That's all. They sold got a bunch of cash and either paid off debt or bought toys or a mix of both.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Wishful thinking and Lamborghini owners a different type of buyer than say Ferrari and Porsche.
Not wishing for anything, it’s just the feeling I have. The subset of Huracan owners who chose that car because of the NA engine and care more
about driving enjoyment over image will not be easily lured into the new model if it’s larger, heavier has a twin turbo with GPFs and hybrid assist. I happen to think the size of that driving enthusiast subset is quite large, particularly in the last few years where the unique selling proposition of the Huracan has become more widely appreciated.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Not wishing for anything, it’s just the feeling I have. The subset of Huracan owners who chose that car because of the NA engine and care more
about driving enjoyment over image will not be easily lured into the new model if it’s larger, heavier has a twin turbo with GPFs and hybrid assist. I happen to think the size of that driving enthusiast subset is quite large, particularly in the last few years where the unique selling proposition of the Huracan has become more widely appreciated.
But there's also 20,000+ H's produced, tons of G's, R8 V10's so I don't know how much value these cars will hold long term because they'll be plenty of them around.

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
I just want to get a great price on my trade in when the time comes, but by that time who knows where the prices will be. Having said that, if I got my STO and someone offered me $100k over MSRP it would be hard to pass up.
At my age I know my financial situation but never know how much time i have left. So I would much rather be driving the car I want than making a profit

·
Registered
594 Posts
But there's also 20,000+ H's produced, tons of G's, R8 V10's so I don't know how much value these cars will hold long term because they'll be plenty of them around.
I think one needs to look at the supercar market through the lens of ‘pre’ and ‘post’ hybrid generation models. The number of pure ICE cars will not increase from 2025 onwards while the number of enthusiasts who desire them will likely continue to grow in numbers. I believe 2010-current era of cars represent the sweet spot in terms of performance, reliability, engagement and reasonable comfort/tech interface. I predict they’ll be highly sought after in the years to come.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
I think one needs to look at the supercar market through the lens of ‘pre’ and ‘post’ hybrid generation models. The number of pure ICE cars will not increase from 2025 onwards while the number of enthusiasts who desire them will likely continue to grow in numbers. I believe 2010-current era of cars represent the sweet spot in terms of performance, reliability, engagement and reasonable comfort/tech interface. I predict they’ll be highly sought after in the years to come.
I still think they'll be plenty of NA V10 cars on the market to satisfy demand for years to come and to keep prices low. The Countach is a prefect example of a car that is now starting to see some movement in prices but it's always been considered a "high" production car among collectors.

·
Premium Member
2022 H EVO RWD Grigio Lynx
2,453 Posts
You just described me perfectly.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I still think they'll be plenty of NA V10 cars on the market to satisfy demand for years to come and to keep prices low. The Countach is a prefect example of a car that is now starting to see some movement in prices but it's always been considered a "high" production car among collectors.
I don’t think production numbers is what suppressed Countach values - after all, they made less than 2,000 units across all variants over 17 years. That’s only 50% more than the number of F40s made over 5 years and not far off the total number of Av SVJs produced in an even shorter period. There are simply more new collectors in the market from around the world chasing a limited number of iconic automobiles.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Interesting topic. I absolutely LOVE my STO but decided to order a 296GTB. Ordered site unseen and will test drive tomorrow. I wont sell my STO but am thinking I can "straddle NA and ICE/Hybrid". Pure EV I dont think so.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Interesting topic. I absolutely LOVE my STO but decided to order a 296GTB. Ordered site unseen and will test drive tomorrow. I wont sell my STO but am thinking I can "straddle NA and ICE/Hybrid". Pure EV I dont think so.
let us know your views after the test drive. I’ll keep an eye out for it in fchat too.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Doubt the members on this forum are an accurate representation of majority of supercar owners. Most I know want latest and greatest won’t give a sh-t about pure ICE NAV10 just want new and shiny toy. When new H replacement debuts existing H prices will tank. Fact

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Doubt the members on this forum are an accurate representation of majority of supercar owners. Most I know want latest and greatest won’t give a sh-t about pure ICE NAV10 just want new and shiny toy. When new H replacement debuts existing H prices will tank. Fact
For me getting a hybrid is not something I look forward to, I usually repair my own vehicles and I'm afraid it's going to be a whole lot more complex to figure out when an issue arises. That also means I would probably need a new electrical panel and a plug outside, several thousands just for a special plug.

I wonder what's going to happen with all those cars in storage, last year I had stored the Vette in an underground place and there was a long row of very dusty super cars that had obviously been sitting for years. Problem is they do not "tender" them and only boost them if someone comes back to pick it up. I foresee many ruined cars just sitting when they become hybrid or full electric. Another current issue many regular cars have issues of catching on fire and some manufacturers recommend keeping the car away from your house.

121 - 140 of 175 Posts