Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Chase was pretty adamant about the state of the Huracan’s future and I even explored the implication of supply chain issues and his explanations were both acceptable and reasonable. My money is on a temporary interruption only.
Could it be all future allocations are spoken for vs the amount of orders dealers have deposits for? But again your explanation seems more realistic.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Well at some point all the allocations will be spoken for but that was true from the onset. Again, I don’t think based upon my conversation with Chase there is anything cataclysmic afoot.
I think what it just means is... All allocations have been predetermined and seem to be spoken for as per dealers. Even if some dealers still have available ones to sell to customers they probably have said they'll take whatever they can get and will move it as soon as a deposit comes in.

·
Registered
412 Posts
The car market will normalize to a certain extent but I wonder if the COVID scare has created a larger base of enthusiasts made up mostly of the YOLO crowd.
Also during covid alot of people got rich rather fast. Many had purchased a side investment property which in Canada more then doubled in value in a couple years. Some of them used the profits to buy toys or more investments and some used it to pay off some if not all their debts. Still extra income to spread around after and enjoy.

·
Registered
412 Posts
There's a difference between liquid and paper gains or people borrowing against equity to buy toys. And I don't buy into the narrative that there's still extra income to spread around for supercars.
I agree but most people aren't logical thinkers they impulse buy. I know alot of people who purchased higher end cars (not necessarily supercars) just because they got extra cash from the sale of their extra home they were renting out.

I mean 7 years ago the average home was 450k in smaller cities around Toronto and Vancouver. Now those same homes sold for 1.45m. Big increase in a short period of time. Alot of people got drunk on the money fast.

·
Registered
412 Posts
And which is why the rate hikes will wipe out a lot of people who are overleveraged and can't afford to service their debt which is now all of a sudden more expensive than it was a year ago.
All I said was alot of people got rich quick... That's all. They sold got a bunch of cash and either paid off debt or bought toys or a mix of both.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts