Lamborghini Talk banner

All Huracan Production Ceased as of 07/07/22?

16012 Views 196 Replies 42 Participants Last post by  APB
Just got off the phone with a dealer who mentioned that they received an email yesterday from Lamborghini stating that all Huracan production is ceasing, with only vehicles currently in production being completed, and all other orders being cancelled.

When I specifically mentioned the Tecnica, he said that everyone who put a deposit down isn't going to get their cars because the email said they're ceasing all production.

I can't imagine after all the resources they put into "creating" the Tecnica, despite supply chain constraints, that they'd just finish in-production cars and abandon the Huracan from now.

EDIT: He also mentioned the car isn't in their system anymore so they couldn't submit an order into it if they wanted.

Anyone else hear of this yet?
Reactions: impccan
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
5,082 Posts
It's not like the latest H variants are blow your socks off exciting. The STO for example is too quite and is way too comfortable for a hardcore track variant. I'm actually bored with it and I always end up driving my SVJ. I'm sure the Tecnica will be a snoozefest with a 0-60 time of 3+seconds.

Lambo is basically milking an old platform, old engine with minor changes.

· Registered
5,082 Posts
I've owned a few H's so maybe that's why I'm bored but the STO hasn't really captured my heart. Look wise it looks awesome but driving wise it feels the same as the EVO AWD and Perf. Maybe I need to push it on the track.

· Registered
5,082 Posts
Andrea baldi told me two weeks ago at the Esperienza event in Sonoma that the number is between 1200-1300 units. I tend to believe the CEO of Lamborghini NA when he says that directly to me.
When the Perf got launched the suits claimed 1000-1200 total Perfs including spyders during the private previews.

Btw, I met him a month ago at the Tecnica unveiling in Toronto and during a private lunch. Nice guy but he loves to talk and no suit is going to give you exact production numbers.

· Registered
5,082 Posts
I think the realization that next gen cars will be heavier, quieter, electrified and have more safety nannies is creating an unusually high demand for current model supercars. I think there will be fewer H owners inclined to 'upgrade' to the replacement than in past new platform releases.
Wishful thinking and Lamborghini owners a different type of buyer than say Ferrari and Porsche.

· Registered
5,082 Posts
Also during covid alot of people got rich rather fast. Many had purchased a side investment property which in Canada more then doubled in value in a couple years. Some of them used the profits to buy toys or more investments and some used it to pay off some if not all their debts. Still extra income to spread around after and enjoy.
There's a difference between liquid and paper gains or people borrowing against equity to buy toys. And I don't buy into the narrative that there's still extra income to spread around for supercars.

· Registered
5,082 Posts
And which is why the rate hikes will wipe out a lot of people who are overleveraged and can't afford to service their debt which is now all of a sudden more expensive than it was a year ago.

· Registered
5,082 Posts
Not wishing for anything, it’s just the feeling I have. The subset of Huracan owners who chose that car because of the NA engine and care more
about driving enjoyment over image will not be easily lured into the new model if it’s larger, heavier has a twin turbo with GPFs and hybrid assist. I happen to think the size of that driving enthusiast subset is quite large, particularly in the last few years where the unique selling proposition of the Huracan has become more widely appreciated.
But there's also 20,000+ H's produced, tons of G's, R8 V10's so I don't know how much value these cars will hold long term because they'll be plenty of them around.

· Registered
5,082 Posts
I think one needs to look at the supercar market through the lens of ‘pre’ and ‘post’ hybrid generation models. The number of pure ICE cars will not increase from 2025 onwards while the number of enthusiasts who desire them will likely continue to grow in numbers. I believe 2010-current era of cars represent the sweet spot in terms of performance, reliability, engagement and reasonable comfort/tech interface. I predict they’ll be highly sought after in the years to come.
I still think they'll be plenty of NA V10 cars on the market to satisfy demand for years to come and to keep prices low. The Countach is a prefect example of a car that is now starting to see some movement in prices but it's always been considered a "high" production car among collectors.

· Registered
5,082 Posts
I don't know how many flippers are left or willing to fork over a hefty deposit for a car that might not arrive for 18 months.

I asked my SA about people flaking and he hasn't seen it yet and most of the people on his list for the Tecnica and U S/Perf are repeat clients. There is a strong possibility certain segments of the car market doesn't collapse and all we see is a minor correction. We shall wait and see...

· Registered
5,082 Posts
At my dealer, the deposit was only $10k, I could see potential flippers walking away from their deposits in 12+ months if the market softens. I know quite a few existing owners ordering new a Huracan/Urus because they think they'll trade their car for MSRP and buy the new at MSRP, only paying the marginal delta in price to get a car with zero miles, full warranty etc. I personally think those days are long gone...
They might not have to worry because they might not get allocations anyways. The thing is demand so far hasn't soften and there's only so many cars Lambo will be producing until the replacements for the U and H arrive so I think there's enough "legit" buyers to keep order books full.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts