Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lambo just announced that Alexa integration is possible from jun 2020 for the existing Evo’s . Hoping to get that to manage music, navigation while driving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,805 Posts
Lambo just announced that Alexa integration is possible from jun 2020 for the existing Evo’s . Hoping to get that to manage music, navigation while driving

Yes, especially for my music. I am really looking forward to it. That should solve the volume control for me.

·
Registered
79 Posts

West does “from jun 2020” refer to? Manufacture date of the vehicle?

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Got my car software updated today for Lamborghini Connect and Alexa. They said my car now is ahead of all cars in US as the download they did was a beta that they havent even released yet. Didnt have much time to play with it but seems it doesnt work if you are in Carplay, so for me it will be pretty useless. But the best thing that got fixed with the updates is I can now use two finger volume swipe while in Carplay.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Scott the fingerprints on your display would drive me nuts HA. I would be using microfiber cloths and moistened glass cleaning pads like no tomorrow. I already wipe down my ipad air with glass cleaner twice a day.

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
I do keep a little bottle of screen cleaner and a microfiber in cabin to keep it clean. Those pictures make it look worse because black back round.

Reactions: surfah

·
Registered
79 Posts
Got my car software updated today for Lamborghini Connect and Alexa.
What functionality is included with this? Is it just Alexa or are there additional connected services?

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
So far just been able to use as Alexa, no car functions. So at this point it's same as Siri and at least with that I can use Carplay

·
Premium Member
16,805 Posts
Scott, you still cannot get Alexa to control the stereo volume, source, A/C etc?

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Rained here last few days so havent driven car since got the update but will give it a try tomorrow. I will try some of the commands in that video

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
So been playing with it more and have it working but pretty useless. You can't adjust temp, just tell it to turn on or off AC and any command you give has a long delay before it works, There is nothing to adjust volume and as far as music goes seems can only request stuff from amazon music. Worse part is once is you cannot use Carplay if you want to use Alexa and I would much rather have carplay running and Siri is much quicker with info than that slow ass bitch Alexa

·
Premium Member
16,805 Posts
So been playing with it more and have it working but pretty useless. You can't adjust temp, just tell it to turn on or off AC and any command you give has a long delay before it works, There is nothing to adjust volume and as far as music goes seems can only request stuff from amazon music. Worse part is once is you cannot use Carplay if you want to use Alexa and I would much rather have carplay running and Siri is much quicker with info than that slow ass bitch Alexa
Thanks Scott, although that is a bit disappointing. I won't bother rushing my car down to the dealer to get Alexa installed. Maybe my when I get my next service. I just wanted to be able to control the volume which for me is a PIA. I either miss with the 2 finger tap or activate my phone inadvertently. I hate taking my eyes off the road to screw with my music.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,374 Posts
At least so far, Alexa is a good example of where hype does not approximate reality.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I don't get it. I have Alexa in my Urus and it does just about anything I ask.. without a long wait.

·
Premium Member
6,374 Posts
I don't get it. I have Alexa in my Urus and it does just about anything I ask.. without a long wait.
That is curious......the EVO infotainment system is quite basic but Lamborghini managed to screw it up royally. They are making handsome profits and now it's time to hire some quality tech people that can straighten that infotainment system out. This infotainment system is an utter and complete embarrassment.

·
Premium Member
16,805 Posts
That is curious......the EVO infotainment system is quite basic but Lamborghini managed to screw it up royally. They are making handsome profits and now it's time to hire some quality tech people that can straighten that infotainment system out. This infotainment system is an utter and complete embarrassment.
I think because the Urus had Alexa long before the EVO they must have perfected for that car. Hopefully they can do the same for the EVO. Your 2022 might be a different story. Hopefully all the bugs will have been worked out.

·
Premium Member
6,374 Posts
I think because the Urus had Alexa long before the EVO they must have perfected for that car. Hopefully they can do the same for the EVO. Your 2022 might be a different story. Hopefully all the bugs will have been worked out.
My good friend, from your mouth to Gods ears!

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Can you use Alexa when phone plugged in for Carplay?

·
Premium Member
6,374 Posts
^^Don't believe so it's either or........and in the case of the EVO Alexa there is no "or". :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
So it's Carplay for me, I wont let my wife put an Alexa device in the house so in fairness should not use in car either.

Reactions: asmazda
1 - 20 of 22 Posts