Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please give me some hands on input regarding Alcantera from those of you who have had some experience with it on your seats and most importantly the steering wheel. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
135 Posts
For the steering use driving gloves to avoid constantly cleaning. The oils from your hands do a number on the fibers. For thee seats, they provide excellent grip, and stay cool. I personally love the stuff, and spec it every time.

·
Premium Member
17,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For the steering use driving gloves to avoid constantly cleaning. The oils from your hands do a number on the fibers. For thee seats, they provide excellent grip, and stay cool. I personally love the stuff, and spec it every time.
That is good to hear. I was persuaded to go with Alcantera after listening to Heather Ballentine at Lamborghini Toronto. She praised it and had nothing but good things to say, she is usually quite upfront with her opinions. She said that Alcantera wears much better than suade and had not problem specing it on the steering.

·
Registered
891 Posts
russ leather for steering wheel....alcantara will get beat up from oils in your hands.
alcantara for ceiling ,,,some alcantara in the seat maybe in the middle or just all leather.
remember alcantara is synthetic.....it needs to be treated differently from leather when u clean.

·
@ChaseZimmerman
297 Posts
The alcantara on the seats always held up incredibly well... I would even say better than leather. Agree with others on the steering wheel, but it's still a great feeling.

·
Premium Member
17,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
russ leather for steering wheel....alcantara will get beat up from oils in your hands.
alcantara for ceiling ,,,some alcantara in the seat maybe in the middle or just all leather.
remember alcantara is synthetic.....it needs to be treated differently from leather when u clean.
Lol, I’m stuck now, I can’t change it. If the steering wheel goes south on me I will get a CF one in its place.

·
@ChaseZimmerman
297 Posts
Lol, I’m stuck now, I can’t change it. If the steering wheel goes south on me I will get a CF one in its place.
I usually do this on all my cars as well. When the steering wheel starts getting matted down, I usually opt for a custom carbon wheel (carbon top and bottom) and then alcantara on the sides.

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
For a spyder driven in tropical hot weather, alcantara is a very good choice. It gives a very nice feeling to the skin during hot weather.

I have alcantara on Huracan’s seat & Carrera’s steering. The seat is very durable and feel very nice in the summer. You will like it with the spyder. Just avoid sliding into the seat with hard jeans when getting into the car because some jeans have a metal button that can scratch. For maintenance, I use a soft brush (the one specially made for shoes) to brush the material, wet towel for getting spots off, and fabric cleaner for hard stains.

The steering wheel is a bit tricky because you have to deal with oils from the hands. The trick is to wipe the material with soft dry cloth or thin microfiber cloth (ones made for wiping eyeglasses or watches) after every drive to get the oils off from the surface. The alcantara already have some sort of coating so no need to use brush & use wet cloth every time. I just did the brush and wet towel routine on the steering wheel every time I wash the car.

I can post the details of the tools & short video later on whenever you need a walkthrough.

·
Premium Member
17,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All good and informative information. Thanks, I’m excited about the Alcantera again.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Hate everything about it, the look, the feel, how it wears poorly, the stains....everything. Fine Italian leather is the right choice.

·
Premium Member
17,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hate everything about it, the look, the feel, how it wears poorly, the stains....everything. Fine Italian leather is the right choice.
That is exactly how I used to feel about Alcantera, but now I just need a change so I thought why not? I guess I will find out and report back once I do. It seems some love it and some hate it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
If the the fibers on the steering wheel get matted down, it is easily restored with cleaning. On the seats Alcantara wears better that leather. Naysayers must not have 1st hand experience with the fabric.

·
Premium Member
17,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If the the fibers on the steering wheel get matted down, it is easily restored with cleaning. On the seats Alcantara wears better that leather. Naysayers must not have 1st hand experience with the fabric.
Thanks for your comments Rainier, much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Im not a fan of Alcantara either. Would much rather have a nice leather. I’ve had it in a few vehicles and it’s all over the inside of my Vantage. Never liked the stuff. But I hate carbon fibre too so what do I know. Lol.

·
Premium Member
17,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Im not a fan of Alcantara either. Would much rather have a nice leather. I’ve had it in a few vehicles and it’s all over the inside of my Vantage. Never liked the stuff. But I hate carbon fibre too so what do I know. Lol.
Well at least you’re being honest!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,548 Posts
As you know, I am partial to leather as are @Ozzir and @Shark01 but it's your car, at least for a while, until your next inevitable upgrade so it's all good.:giggle: Enjoy my friend! ;)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts