Lamborghini Talk banner

ALCANTERA - Don't be afraid or it!

3K views 34 replies 12 participants last post by  Cliff.1620 
#1 ·
If you really want Alcantera, but are worried about wear, this might be one solution to keeping it looking good.

Reactions: Rcasa20
#2 ·
But notice car above had no Alcantara wheel, I like the Alcantara in my car and holds up great but not on wheel. Started looking ratty in just a few months and that is why I changed.
Car Vehicle Gear shift Automotive design Car seat cover

#3 ·
Yes I noticed that but he did say the same treatment works on the steering wheel in Alcantera as well.

#4 ·
Blu, how many miles do you have on yours?

#6 ·
When I bought the car it was about 10 months old and had 1,500 miles and wheel was already looking a little used, few months later looked even worse so replaced with my leather/carbon fiber one

Reactions: Russk
#7 ·
I'm pretty sure that Lamborghini only uses Alcantera. I had an aftermarket suede one and it lasted 1000 miles, it was very different from my Alcantera.

#9 ·
Even if mine was leather I would still always wash my hands before I drive. I also use my gloves but sparingly. In fact only when I don't think I will be seen, lol.

#11 ·
Very cool video and thanks for sharing! As I’m sure everyone knows my SL‘s interior is all alcantara and carbon fiber. Thank god the alcantara in my SL is in perfect shape but it’s nice to know a good way to deep clean it. Ive only used a damp microfiber towel for a simple wipe down or sonax on the steering wheel but now I want to buy that wet vac he had!

#13 ·
I remembered when I had suede shoes, if we didn't treat them with a spray they would look like crap quickly.
Ha! I do not think I could ever wear gloves out on a drive.
I know I thought the same thing, but they do feel really good and give you a great sense of grip. However at the risk of looking like a pansy I wear them very selectively.

Reactions: Cliff.1620
#12 ·
Wash your hands before you drive.

No moisturizers etc. Don't eat in your car.

I've had alcantara wheels that looked new after 20k miles. They require more care but they're worth it in my opinion.

If you do want to give it a refresh, use a steamer to heat up the oils that are embedded in the fibers then use a microfiber cloth to gently lift the oils off. I believe Novax makes a solution that aids in this process specifically for alcantara.

#18 ·
#22 ·
I think at this point it's afraid of you!

#27 ·
Damn, most of that turned to vinyl in the P car. THere gotta be a better way to CLEAN existing Alcantara when it just starts to get a little bit dirty...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.