Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am not on here that much do to work lately, but I was wondering if anyone is from or lives in Alaska? I am moving there in two weeks and I am bringing the Jalpa with me. I would like to find some people to go driving with if anyone is in the Fairbanks area.

Thanks,
David

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
David, you must take some pics in Alaska. I haven't been there but I hear the scenery is amazing. :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm going salmon fishing to Anchorage in june. It must be beautiful up there, I wouldn't want to live there though, I'm more of the sunshine, sandy beaches type.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cezary,

man you have to much money if you have two Lmabos... anyway. Send me a PM when you are going (when it gets close) Fairbanks is not to far, about a five hour drive. I will also have my boat... If you want to go Halibut fishing as well let me know... or bear hunting for that mater :eek: lol.

David

I will take some good pictures from the air as I am a pilot after all.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
David,
What are you moving up there for? Did the military transfer you or are you out now? Like everyone keeps saying make sure you get a ton of pictures!!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
David,

The military has a sick sense of humor. I was on orders to go back to Fort Rucker, AL for the past six months... a year in progress with my branch manager, then a sh!t storm hit and they told me I had a choice been hell and a hard place so I worked a drug deal to go to AK... the "best" solution to the problem.

I am still in the Army though... I am supposed to be the S2 for my battalion i.e. Intel officer... top secret here I come (the average soldier has a secret at best clearance)

I will take pics from the ground and the air.

I will also have my boat to do some halibut fishing from. lastly I have been told do NOT travel without a gun in the car.

I am buying a Magnum Research Desert Eagle .50 Caliber for protection.

I just hope the Army can ship my car without damaging it!!!

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
The desert eagle is the way to go. Just make sure you have a good set of ear protection in the car. Firing that gun is closed quarters is guaranteed to rupture your ear drums!!! Just remember to never come between a cub and it's mother and you'll be fine!!! :D

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
I've been to Alaska twice, but just on cruise ships. I'd also like to see your car in the great Alaskan scenery.

I can vouch for the DE .50AE. I have one. That gun makes quite a scene at an indoor shooting range. As soon as you fire it, everyone stops to see what cannon just when off. It's kinda like driving a Lambo. :)

Have fun in AK.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Have fun. I would love to live in Alaska or at least go up there and hunt carboo (sp) and everything else there is to hunt there. Have a good one.

·
Registered
959 Posts
rovingtravler said:
David,

The military has a sick sense of humor. I was on orders to go back to Fort Rucker, AL for the past six months... a year in progress with my branch manager, then a sh!t storm hit and they told me I had a choice been hell and a hard place so I worked a drug deal to go to AK... the "best" solution to the problem.

I am still in the Army though... I am supposed to be the S2 for my battalion i.e. Intel officer... top secret here I come (the average soldier has a secret at best clearance)

I will take pics from the ground and the air.

I will also have my boat to do some halibut fishing from. lastly I have been told do NOT travel without a gun in the car.

I am buying a Magnum Research Desert Eagle .50 Caliber for protection.

I just hope the Army can ship my car without damaging it!!!
I would definatly NOT go with the Desert Eagle. Its too heavy and just plain unpractical. If you want firepower get a .44 Magnum Revolver, but i would personally go with a .45 Glock.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jon,

I have a H&K tactical competition .45 with trigger work (lighter pull) as well. Personally I am not a fan of the .44mag, but I do have a Thompson 45-70 government “pistol” as well... after two rounds it goes back in the box :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts