Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Diablo VT
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m going through all the paperwork that came with my Diablo. Seems the car has had extensive work done at Al Burtoni’s shop. Car has ABD cams, throttle bodies, exhaust, tune among other things. Curious to what you guys know about or think of these upgrades. The car as an obscene $$ amount of recipes from ole Al’s shop! Also a letter showing the where planning on doing a full Jota package on the car but couldn’t come up with all the parts to complete. All very cool stuff.
Handwriting Font Parallel Paper Paper product
Font Paper Parallel Paper product Document
Motor vehicle Tire Automotive tire Wheel Automotive design
Handwriting Font Material property Circle Poster
Audio equipment Font Motor vehicle Poster Circle

Attachments

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
take a picture of the upgrade coils packs. I remember Steve (who used to work at Burtoni), was mentioning and MSD setup replacing the original coils/amplifiers

remove front skates, that funny. Your car had the 'parking valet' roller skates mounted on the front, for going over bumps, but the problem is they were mounted on teh subframe, and if you loaded them up they would bend the non-structural frames in the front. A very good upgrade to remove them :)

ride height (lowering a little) is something Steve does on many Diablos.

airbox repair is common, the hose from either the additional air valve or carter valve breaks on the airboxes.

i have no information on any cam upgrades, but would love to know, and can you please send pictures of the throttle bodies?

·
Registered
1994 Diablo VT
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
take a picture of the upgrade coils packs. I remember Steve (who used to work at Burtoni), was mentioning and MSD setup replacing the original coils/amplifiers

remove front skates, that funny. Your car had the 'parking valet' roller skates mounted on the front, for going over bumps, but the problem is they were mounted on teh subframe, and if you loaded them up they would bend the non-structural frames in the front. A very good upgrade to remove them :)

ride height (lowering a little) is something Steve does on many Diablos.

airbox repair is common, the hose from either the additional air valve or carter valve breaks on the airboxes.

i have no information on any cam upgrades, but would love to know, and can you please send pictures of the throttle bodies?
I will get some pictures uploaded as soon as the car returns from service. Also, they must have decided to leave the roller skate wheels on as I am having them removed as part of the service she is getting. And the spider cracks in the front air damn they caused fixed.

Todd

·
Registered
308 Posts
Very Cool.

So I’m going through all the paperwork that came with my Diablo. Seems the car has had extensive work done at Al Burtoni’s shop. Car has ABD cams, throttle bodies, exhaust, tune among other things. Curious to what you guys know about or think of these upgrades. The car as an obscene $$ amount of recipes from ole Al’s shop! Also a letter showing the where planning on doing a full Jota package on the car but couldn’t come up with all the parts to complete. All very cool stuff. View attachment 307795 View attachment 307796 View attachment 307797 View attachment 307798 View attachment 307799

Reactions: Toddlambo

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Here the Coil-Pack
Electrical wiring Circuit component Machine Electronic device Auto part

Reactions: Toddlambo

·
Registered
1994 Diablo VT
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
This is a picture of what STeve sent me a while ago.

View attachment 307816
These are regular MSD Coils, the Countach MSD 7-AL2 setup was simple and the rev limiter didn't work, also they never change the box to V12.
I was the only one having a working pack for the LP5000s.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
i am not disputing, but would love to hear more details, you obviusly have personal knowledge, please share more. The only thing I know is Steve was there in the early years, parted ways, and he is an excellent engineer.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
When I first started my art career, my pieces were hit and miss. I did stinkers on occasion. I did not know my limitations nor capabilities.

Now, I still do a stinker every once in a while, no where near the frequency I once did, but it’s because I understand my abilities. I can translate a thought onto canvas. Good execution.

Similarly, Burtoni probably did create a stinker or two. He is human. Definitely not a god.

you mortals amuse me!
🤪

·
Registered
707 Posts
That is a very memorable car for me. It was in many of the Al Burtoni ads in Dupont Registry in the 90's. I would like it if the yellow accents, chrome wheels, and glue on scoops were removed. Some of the modifications I see just don't make sense. I suspect that since there are four air filters the intake plenums are sectioned off in the middle or maybe even like the Murci with a valve between to improve the torque curve. But why two different size air filters? Without those filters being sealed to the roof scoops like the SV they really become hot air intake much of the time. Also, were do the hoses from the original intakes go? I can't think of anything they would be going to.

I'd really like to hear more about this car if anyone has info on it. It is a great part of Diablo history despite any flaws it may or may not have had.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts