Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st question Exhaust Project:
I'm excited I received my exhaust system yesterday! Am I missing something, as it seems to me there is very little information / reference to the Akrapovic exhaust system here for the LP Gallardo. I HAVE seen that some refer to it as overpriced as well as not so dramatic....BUT, I already have the equivalent system on an X6M and it works beautifully there, so I made the decision to try the same here. I was considering the Avior titanium system ($2700), but already have a straight-piped Mustang. All that noise, all the time, truly gets old after awhile. This way I can control the flaps via remote whenever I desire. I'll be doing the install myself. I was thinking to do a video, but I'm a novice in that department and I see there's already plenty of exhaust installations on Youtube. Should I do some sound clips from AFTER the install... IF there is interest??

2nd question Drivetrain Project:
I also received my axle stubs and bolts for the RWD conversion, but have developed some concerns since ordering. I probably won't do this until the Swift Springs come in (saying it's going to be another month :confused:) because it makes more sense to do that all at the same time, then take it for alignment. I will never drive this car on a track, 'very' high speeds, or on wet roads ever...... should I LEAVE the Front Differential IN the car ?? I don't car about weight reduction, I don't want the car to feel 'floaty' as I've heard reported in another post. Leaving that weight where it is could actually help keeping it stable??

·
Registered
LP640
2,268 Posts
Everyone loves sound clips, do it!
Leave the front diff out while waiting for your springs, it only raises the car a few mm.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,369 Posts
+1, Sound clips. 👏

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, will definitely do the sound clips. I'll update as soon as I can but got a backyard project going on right now taking priority....If it's nice this weekend I'll wish it was on.

So then leave the front diff out completely, no matter on stock springs or Swift ?? Or is it put the diff back in when the Swift springs go on ..... I notice it's the same part# for 550/560/570 so assume it likely stays out then too?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Should finish it off tomorrow. Here's what I've got for now....

Reactions: Lambo2018

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will post the final video of the Akrapovic system tomorrow. My phone battery was almost dead and I couldn't help myself so I took it out (no cold start today). It makes the stock system sound like a tin can in comparison... really, I thought the stock system sounds good as it is. I just did this because I had the opportunity to now have two cars w/ valved Akrapovic systems. I love it on the BMW, now I'm loving it on the LP as well. It just sounds full, low at idle and the sound range is amazing. I don't notice much difference between open and closed valves... initially. Thing is, when they're open all the different pops, and sounds that come out of it I find I really can't even describe, the pitch changes, the barks and growls. I'm smiling... it was a good decision...........

Reactions: white out

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, a little disappointed because it HAS Lost something in the recording. I guess when you're sitting in it you get 360 degrees of all-encompassing sound, and when you're sitting in front of your computer you only get what's coming out of your little speakers in front of you. I have to get my action cam working because the system really shows its' unique characteristics in normal driving, part throttle, upshifts, and downshifts. The tone changes, the barks, growls, and pops.......It is Not deafeningly loud and to me, I find myself describing it as Gloriously Evil

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,369 Posts
Well it's definitely louder than premod; it has a much deeper growl. I am curious when you do your drive video how tolerable the noise level in the cabin is, and oh yeh, can you still hear the stereo when driving? :giggle:

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
165 Posts
Sounds good (as far as phone audio goes haha). I’m sure it’s awesome in person.

I’ve been thinking about uses for the non functioning fog light switch. Maybe use it to open / close valves on the exhaust via a latching relay? I have a turbo/straight exhaust setup so I can’t do this but if I had a valved system I’d give it some thought ...

·
Registered
2010 Gallardo LP560-4 Spyder Caelum Blu
49 Posts
I have an Akrapovic exhaust as well and indeed, is sound great! It’s hard to catch the sound on a mobile phone or so. Irl, it sounds far better! I purchased my LP with the Akrapovic allready installed. At installation they made sure the valves are always open. Fine by me! When I take the LP, I want to hear the beast growling, and on RPM... screeming! 😎 D*mn, that sound! Good choise to get one! 😉

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have an Akrapovic exhaust as well and indeed, is sound great! It’s hard to catch the sound on a mobile phone or so. Irl, it sounds far better! I purchased my LP with the Akrapovic allready installed. At installation they made sure the valves are always open. Fine by me! When I take the LP, I want to hear the beast growling, and on RPM... screeming! 😎 D*mn, that sound! Good choise to get one! 😉
The ONLY thing I miss about the stock setup is the fact the inside of the tailpipes are 'finished', well, actually have baffles. The AK tailpipes are beauty, but they are so big you see the inside. I was trying to clean them up using a metal polish but seems futile. Did you happen to notice they use two different metals for the inner and outer tips. The outside ones (valves open) appear titanium, are blue-ish and the inside ones appear to be standard stainless. Obviously two different colored metals. The pipes are two different sizes, both larger than stock (deeper tone) then resonates from two different metals coming out......? That's like playing two different instruments at the same time (two different exhaust systems out of the same car).
AK's add quote: One of the most beloved aspects of the Lamborghini experience is the sound. To complement the muffler design, Akrapovic added their well-known cast titanium "bi-mode" exhaust valves. Both the housings and butterfly valves for the bi-mode system are made from a proprietary titanium mix and cast in an in-house foundry. All of this combined creates a virtual symphony emanating from the large displacement V10.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have to admit the only thing I’ve seen of the AK system is what I posted... the tips 🙈😅. So your films were a bit of an eyeopener for me. It looks good however, and sounds even better. I drove a McLaren 650S for a day with AK’s and it sounded like a jet, so I guess those AK boys know how to unleash a beast. Looking at your films.. the building quality looks good (should be, for prices they ask). I can’t tell its worth the buck... but I think reading your posts... it is...?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Now that I see and experience the Live vs. the Recorded sounds I can't say if it's worth the money either..... I've never heard others in person, so I know what I'm hearing on Youtube is only an idea of what they are. What I CAN say is this is Exactly what I was hoping it would be. Changing the way you use your right foot and you can change the sound of the Music coming out the back. I think the Sprint Booster may have an affect on that as well, I can get an incredible Bark w/ 1-2 and 2-3 gear changes.
The McLaren Jet experience I can relate to as well (wish I could actually experience it).... my X6M is a 4.4L twin turbo w/ catless downpipes and you can hear the turbos spooling from blocks away, it's what made me decide to get the AK for this car as well !! Did you see this video (my first one, skip the first 1min 30secs) --

Reactions: GhostRider

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sooooow that sound. You can hear the turbo’s spooling as well. Jurassic Park on wheels. 😎 I haven’t experienced a Gallardo with stock exhausts, so I don’t know the difference, but I like it how it sounds with the AK. That X6M is a beast for sure!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Whoa, I think it seems you can play this thing like an instrument with your right foot ? I have the sprint booster set on 3 red and if I hit the gas pedal at just the right time while upshifting I get this crack (bark) kind of like some of the Harley's......... I notice some people don't follow me so close, Hey maybe it's spitting flames and I don't even know it ... Haha!! No, I still have converters, but definitely having fun seeing what different sounds I can get out of it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts