Lamborghini Talk banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
$13K is kind of overpriced if the EVO is already straight piped. With Akra you're paying a premium for the name.
Absolutely true, and I am sure that Lamborghini by making Akrapovic the exclusive warranty friendly brand gets a handsome kickback with each sale. So this is a classic WIN-WIN-LOSE where we are the losers on this three way deal.

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Russ your the man.......if it makes you happy just do it. As I have said before some of us that were less astute took a Porsche Detour where you were smart enough to go Lamborghini early on. Cheers my friend!
I keep thinking how lucky we are to have grabbed one of these gems before things change unfavorably in the not too distant future.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I'd rather pay for a tune that opens the valves fully in street mode : )
Eventually I will probably do the tune. In fact it would be smart to do the tune first because after that I might not even want to upgrade the exhaust. I did both on my 580 and it was incredible. The tune on my 580 really enhanced the exhaust note and increased the crackles & pops.

Premium Member
I'm thinking of doing a tune where the limits are higher before it cuts out the pops and crackles, more like where it was on my 610 where it very rarely cut out. Then I think exhaust would be perfect as it really does scream. And I can use the money I save on an exhaust to replace cat if I toast it :)

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
I keep thinking how lucky we are to have grabbed one of these gems before things change unfavorably in the not too distant future.
My friend, absolutely correct. Though, as it relates to me, even a broken clock is correct twice a day. Thus it appears that I chose the the right time that day to purchase the EVO. :giggle:

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
My friend, absolutely correct. Though, as it relates to me, even a broken clock is correct twice a day. Thus it appears that I chose the the right time that day to purchased the EVO. :giggle:
Yes Albert, that was touch & go for a while but you pulled it off at the last minute. I was so glad you did!

Registered
I have the voodoo/1016 valved exhaust on my 2020 Evo and whilst the stocker sounded good and crackled/popped more, the Voodoo mid/WOT note is more shrill and 鈥渆xotic鈥 sounding.

That鈥檚 said, the perf exhaust was pretty darned good and in sport/Corsa was essentially a straight pipe...

As was said above, I can鈥檛 imagine spending $8-9K more on the Akrapovic than what I paid for the Voodoo/1016 unit. I guess we鈥檒l all be able to decide when we hear it, but unless it moans in Italian, it鈥檚 gonna be a tough sell.

now that I鈥檝e got the VF blower on it and the tune, (still with cats) it sounds perfect and isn鈥檛 overbearing

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
My dealer told me $12.5K for the Akrapovic and that is before labor to uninstall the old and install the Akrapovic.

Premium Member
My dealer told me $12.5K for the Akrapovic and that is before labor to uninstall the old and install the Akrapovic.
Not worth it at all, went out for a good ride with a bunch of exotics and my car got a bunch of complements on how good it sounded, like I said prior, it sounds better than my Huracan did with a $6k Fabspeed exhaust. I think it will be tough to improve on the sound of the the sport exhaust that comes on the Evo. Here is money much better spent, have this coming tomorrow.

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
So what is the verdict? Will you or won't you?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
So what is the verdict? Will you or won't you?
If I have to answer that question right now, NO. However After time passes I might want a change and if I am going to keep the car then it would become a maybe. I really don't want to be the first. and I want to hear it in person. So for now I am happy and I absolutely love my EVO.

Registered
I'd rather pay for a tune that opens the valves fully in street mode : )
Capristo offer a remote switch to fully open in every mode.. I have it but fully open in Strada on the parkway is annoying.
Also because the factory Evo has the flaps open in Sport and Corsa, it's kinda a waste of money just so you can also open them in Strada.
Capristo remote was worth it on earlier Huracans and Aventadors. Also have one on my Urus.

Registered
LP640
The only perk to be gained with EVO/Perf exhaust is to reduce weight as the stock exhaust, as mentioned numerous times, is literally a straight pipe with the valves open.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Does your exhaust get louder over time? I could swear mine is sounding better and louder than it did when I first got the car.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts