Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a call from my dealer and he told me that the Akrapovic Race Exhaust has been approved and will be available in June both the EVO & the HP. Pricing is still not firm but I heard it might be around $12K to $13K.

Reactions: Huracaan

·
Registered
57 Posts
Are there any sound comparison videos yet? I was thinking of getting one for my HP when it was first announced but I'm still not sure if it's really a noticable upgrade worth the $12-13K.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I don't get it, how can you upgrade a straight pipe?

Reactions: witmaq5

·
Registered
17' SV Roadster, Performante Spyder, 458 Spyder
149 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. The Performante and Evo exhaust is essentially a straight pipe unless there is some special voodoo they do to make it sounds better.

·
Super Moderator
3,257 Posts
My race exhaust on my old 15 was definitely louder than my Peformante. I'm sure there's something these exhausts have that make it sound different and some a little louder.

·
Premium Member
16,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My race exhaust on my old 15 was definitely louder than my Peformante. I'm sure there's something these exhausts have that make it sound different and some a little louder.
Yes, the OEM Race Exhaust on my 580 was considerably louder Than my EVO. We will have to weight for some sound clips to compare. They will have a spec sheet showing its louder, lighter and increase in performance.

Reactions: Lamborghinifam

·
Premium Member
16,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what copnay is this
Akrapovic is in Slovania and Lamborghini hired them to produce an advanced exhaust system that will not void your warranty. Here's a little info they published.

"Akrapovič is a manufacturer of premium exhaust systems for motorcycles and performance cars. It is renowned around the globe as a very innovative high-tech company that uses advanced technology and high-quality materials in exhaust system design. Akrapovič exhaust systems excel in improved performance, their unmistakable sound, innovative design, light construction, craftsmanship, and durability."

·
Registered
181 Posts
My race exhaust on my old 15 was definitely louder than my Peformante.
That's interesting. I wonder how that is possible. But yeah, my EVO is listed at 100dB, and the 610 race exhaust at 102dB.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,657 Posts
I am sure it's a great exhaust but 13K great......DK. The other concern I have is we could be pushing a loud car to an irritating car and I mean from the drivers perspective. Russ are you all in with the Akrapovic exhaust?

·
Premium Member
16,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am sure it's a great exhaust but 13K great......DK. The other concern I have is we could be pushing a loud car to an irritating car and I mean from the drivers perspective. Russ are you all in with the Akrapovic exhaust?
Yes, I will really have to want it to spend that much. We need to get some actual specs and hear it in person. I have heard it on the video clip, and although it did sound better in the stock exhaust you can’t tell how much better.

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Yea I dont see exhaust being worth that much since I can't see it giving the Evo that much better sound. My Evo stock already sounds much better than my Huracan did with a Fabspeed exhaust. Only issue I have with my car is pops and cracks cutting out when cats get to hot and no exhaust will change that. Also think Akrapovic is over rated and you are paying a big premium because of the not voiding warranty. Kind of a waste since no exhaust I have ever put on a car has ever caused warranty issues. And I did buy a 2017 Audi RS7 Performance model that came with the Ackrapovic and found other RS7's with less expensive exhausts sounded better

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,657 Posts
Yes, I will really have to want it to spend that much. We need to get some actual specs and hear it in person. I have heard it on the video clip, and although it did sound better in the stock exhaust you can’t tell how much better.
Unless the Akrapovic exhaust produces a truly celestial note......possibly:unsure: Led Zeppelin's Stairway to Heaven, and if that's the case, then I am all in.:giggle: I think some of this after market stuff is a tad overhyped and overpriced. You know, sometimes I feel these dealerships are laughing at us.

·
Premium Member
16,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I love the song, in fact I am trying to teach myself how to play it right now. Not easy for me!
I just hope someone else dives into the Akrapovic before I have to and I can get an actual first hand account.

Reactions: Lambo2018

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,657 Posts
I love the song, in fact I am trying to teach myself how to play it right now. Not easy for me!
I just hope someone else dives into the Akrapovic before I have to and I can get an actual first hand account.
Russ your the man.......if it makes you happy just do it. As I have said before some of us that were less astute took a Porsche Detour where you were smart enough to go Lamborghini early on. Cheers my friend!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
$13K is kind of overpriced if the EVO is already straight piped. With Akra you're paying a premium for the name.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts