Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get some aftermarket wheels/tires for my '07 G, I've searched around and found bits and pieces of info of what will work but wanted to ask the community what you have and if you had any issues (clearance, rubbing, etc).

I'd like to go with 19x9 ET35 with 235/35R19 or 245/35R19 up front and 19x12 ET45 with 305/30R19 in the back.

Do any of you have this (or similar) set-up?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was thinking of going 20’s but ended up staying with 19’s. Not only did I stay with factory sized 19’s, but I also kept the same width at 8.5 fronts and 11 rears. What I did change was the offset just so my wheels would be flush with the fenders, so fronts are 19x8.5 ET28 and rears are 19x11ET33 on Stance SF03 wheels.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was thinking of going 20’s but ended up staying with 19’s. Not only did I stay with factory sized 19’s, but I also kept the same width at 8.5 fronts and 11 rears. What I did change was the offset just so my wheels would be flush with the fenders, so fronts are 19x8.5 ET28 and rears are 19x11ET33 on Stance SF03 wheels.
Do you have any pictures of your car with these wheels?

·
Registered
45 Posts

Do you have any pictures of your car with these wheels?
Here you go bud

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi

Also have a question about tire size. I orderd rohana rfx5 20x9 et 35 and rear 20x11 et 43.

I wonder what size of tires are you using? First tought would be 235/30-20 and rear 305/25-20. Their close to the oem. But is 235 on 9 inch wheel stretched?

Have you hade any problems with awd with this small difference to oem size?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi

Also have a question about tire size. I orderd rohana rfx5 20x9 et 35 and rear 20x11 et 43.

I wonder what size of tires are you using? First tought would be 235/30-20 and rear 305/25-20. Their close to the oem. But is 235 on 9 inch wheel stretched?

What I was thinking was 255/35R19 for the front and 305/30R19 for the rear; this puts the rolling circumference at 0.7% difference which is acceptable and will fit the rim much better.

To compare stock sizes 235/35R19 and 295/30R19 are 1.9% different.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I also learned not all offsets are equal... This is a 19x9 ET35 template, didn't clear the front calipers

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi

Go with 245/30/20 fronts and 305/25/20 rears.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just wonder, will that make problems with diff? When the 245 is 25mm (1%) bigger in circumference then oem?

One option would be to go wider also in the rear to 315 19mm bigger, but will it fit?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just wonder, will that make problems with diff? When the 245 is 25mm (1%) bigger in circumference then oem?

One option would be to go wider also in the rear to 315 19mm bigger, but will it fit?
I honestly think you might run into rubbing issues with 315 in the rear depending on how low your car is, but I could be wrong. I believe running the size I mention will be okay and won’t mess with the diff. There is another post on here where everyone chimed in on the whole tire size and issues with diff or not.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I honestly think you might run into rubbing issues with 315 in the rear depending on how low your car is, but I could be wrong. I believe running the size I mention will be okay and won’t mess with the diff. There is another post on here where everyone chimed in on the whole tire size and issues with diff or not.
The way I understand it when it comes to the diff is tire width has no (or very little) effect on it, as long as the rolling circumference is under 2% difference you're good. The stock combination is 1.9% off.

Rubbing is a completely different issue obviously, that's more trial and error. From what I've found I believe you're correct, 305 is probably the widest you want to go in the back, depending on offset of course.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

The difference between OEM and aftermarket doesn't matter when it comes to the diff, the only thing that would be affected is the speedometer. But even then a 1% difference is less than the typical error in the speedometer anyway!

·
Registered
45 Posts
The way I understand it when it comes to the diff is tire width has no (or very little) effect on it, as long as the rolling circumference is under 2% difference you're good. The stock combination is 1.9% off.

Rubbing is a completely different issue obviously, that's more trial and error. From what I've found I believe you're correct, 305 is probably the widest you want to go in the back, depending on offset of course.
Yes agreed, when it comes to diff the width has nothing to do with it but the overall front and rear rolling circumference. 👍

·
Registered
6 Posts
When the stock size tires has a difference in circumference of 1,9%. Is the differental ”calibrated” to have a diff of 1,9% between front and rear? If not then to go with 245 in front would be even better when it`s 1,3% bigger then oem size. Diff between 245/30-20 and 305/25-20 is just 0,84%...

The rubbing can be a other problem......

·
Registered
45 Posts
When the stock size tires has a difference in circumference of 1,9%. Is the differental ”calibrated” to have a diff of 1,9% between front and rear? If not then to go with 245 in front would be even better when it`s 1,3% bigger then oem size. Diff between 245/30-20 and 305/25-20 is just 0,84%...

The rubbing can be a other problem......
With the tire size I suggested for 20’s should be just fine for our cars. That’s what I was going to run when deciding if I wanted to go with 20s, but like I said I stuck with 19s and with the same width front and rear but changed the offset to flush the wheels to the fenders

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
With the tire size I suggested for 20’s should be just fine for our cars. That’s what I was going to run when deciding if I wanted to go with 20s, but like I said I stuck with 19s and with the same width front and rear but changed the offset to flush the wheels to the fenders
I was thinking of doing the same, what offsets did you use?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was thinking of doing the same, what offsets did you use?
With the Stance SF03 wheels, the manufacturer suggested for the front and rear width I wanted to go with +28 fronts and +33 rears to clear the brake calipers.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts