Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the aftermarket spoilers for lp’s fit pre-Lp? Will it just bolt up??

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
139 Posts
I notice on that ad it states 07-14 so that brings to mind my recent experience w/ a swap. I'm not familiar w/ the year it changed (but it could be 06-07). The issue I ran into was when swapping a factory spoiler w/ the camera and third brake light to the 'early' style which had Neither the camera, or the third brake light... They DO physically interchange, BUT you need the corresponding metal brackets that attach them to the motor mechanism because the two torx screws that secure from the rear are in different places. They are located lower on the third brake style because it makes the spoiler 'thicker' back there due to the added space needed for the light.
So HOW does this affect aftermarket spoiler fitment...... I don't know. You no longer would use the factory motor/lift system (correct?) so why would it matter how it attaches...?
MAYBE, the aftermarket spoilers are designed to work with the brackets used for the third brake light spoilers. This would mean if you wanted to fit the 07+ spoiler onto a car equipped with the non-brake light spoiler you would need a pair of 07+ spoiler mount brackets to do it. Unfortunately yes, you would have to take those 4 little pins and e-clips out, take Great care not to let one of them go slinging off somewhere.....

below is a picture of one early bracket and the arrow points to the hole that moves further away on the 07+ spoilers (the one with the torx screw in it)

Attachments

Reactions: 7.62x39

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
139 Posts
Now I see that sounds complicated..... Simply stated, if you have a factory spoiler with the third brake light it should bolt right up. If not, it's possible that you may need to get ahold of both LP metal brackets that link the factory spoiler to the motor drive mechanisms. Below picture of 3rd brake version, notice at the arrow the rear torx screw goes in at a lower position than the one in last post
IMPORTANT -- The EASIEST way to identify the difference between the two brackets is the 3rd Brake light bracket has the CUTOUT Shown below which allows the wiring for the lamp and the camera to fit through the opening !!

Attachments

Reactions: 7.62x39

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now I see that sounds complicated..... Simply stated, if you have a factory spoiler with the third brake light it should bolt right up. If not, it's possible that you may need to get ahold of both LP metal brackets that link the factory spoiler to the motor drive mechanisms. Below picture of 3rd brake version, notice at the arrow the rear torx screw goes in at a lower position than the one in last post
View attachment 293871
Thank you very much for the info

1 - 4 of 4 Posts