Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m intrigued by this option. Has anyone been brave enough to try one?

·
Registered
SL #7007
135 Posts
I think its a cool idea but for some reason I fell like it will kill the look of the interior. Id love something like this too since my SL has the radio delete.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Interesting however just like @Cliff.1620 says it kills the interior. I myself looking also for a upgrade but different, want a option to navigate routes. Current radio/cd does have navigation but want the option for route navigation, have 2 option do it by iPhone or replace existing. The existing radio/cd is ok for me, but it misses just that route navigation......

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
277 Posts
Yeah, looks pretty slick, never saw that before. Trouble I see is it looks so modern it makes the rest of the interior seem dated. I like the current switchgear and have never even used the climate control yet... Factory radio is gone but there is a nice Alpine touchscreen in its' place with backup camera mounted just above the license plate. Simple, but effective

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’ve been considering the Car Navi Player for a few months since it’s fairly stock looking, a huge upgrade in terms of nav / CarPlay, and essentially plug and play. I placed an order last night and now have a dilemma: Allen Wong emailed me that there is a new model that now includes wireless CarPlay and Android Auto without needing to purchase the separate USB dongles. But I’m not sold on the chrome knobs. I do have chrome switch panel below the radio but I think the chrome knobs might throw off the look, and the new one looks more “aftermarket” to me. IDK. He said he can supply the old or new one so I have to decide.

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
277 Posts
I placed an order last night and now have a dilemma: Allen Wong emailed me that there is a new model that now includes wireless CarPlay and Android Auto without needing to purchase the separate USB dongles. But I’m not sold on the chrome knobs. I do have chrome switch panel below the radio but I think the chrome knobs might throw off the look, and the new one looks more “aftermarket” to me. IDK.
I see your dilemma, tough decision. I think the older model provides a more 'balanced' look because the chrome knobs stand out as they are only on the one side. If the added features are hard to pass up maybe there's a way to change or modify the knobs. On many factory units they just pull off... just like at the new model car shows where they pull all the knobs off so they don't get stolen. Bring up that point w/ your sales guy? Swap the new knob with the old one but that doesn't solve it for the smaller one there.......

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I see your dilemma, tough decision. I think the older model provides a more 'balanced' look because the chrome knobs stand out as they are only on the one side. If the added features are hard to pass up maybe there's a way to change or modify the knobs. On many factory units they just pull off... just like at the new model car shows where they pull all the knobs off so they don't get stolen. Bring up that point w/ your sales guy? Swap the new knob with the old one but that doesn't solve it for the smaller one there.......
I did mention the knob issue. Theoretically I can take both knobs off my oem stereo to preserve the look, assuming they fit the same (diameter, depth and spindle). The new one appears to have backlit main knob but the oem does not.

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did mention the knob issue. Theoretically I can take both knobs off my oem stereo to preserve the look, assuming they fit the same (diameter, depth and spindle). The new one appears to have backlit main knob but the oem does not.
I just heard back from the owner of Car Navi and the knobs are NOT interchangeable. As such I’m going with the older, more oem look.
Now I just have to figure out what speakers to replace the soup can sounding oem with...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts