Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious after order placement how long before you received* your EVO? I understand that this thread will have limited value for most members but the insight would be useful for those that have recently placed orders or intending to do so. As we approach the summer the Lamborghini factory will be closed for the month of August so that will add an additional month of wait time for orders recently placed.

*those that are about to take delivery hopefully will also chime in to provide more data points

·
Registered
2021 Huracan Evo RWD Spyder (ordered, April 2021 delivery)
352 Posts
Should be a good thread Albert!
Ordered Evo RWD Spyder Aug 3, 2020
Unica shows “in production” Feb 9, 2021
“Felicity Ace” roro transport departs Emden April 14
Unica photo appears April 23
“Felicity Ace” roro transport arrives Houston May 3
As of May 6, car hasn’t reached Lamborghini Dallas

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Craig FW, I appreciate both the detail and clarity. If others contribute any information about their turnaround that will be helpful but if you can provide this level of detail that would be greatly appreciated. One thing Craig told me is he made an Ad Personam color selection which added additional time for his order completion. So if you have made any Ad Personam selections let us know in your post.
Thanks in advance for all your help!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi I ordered dec2020..started production 2/2021 till 5/2021 dealer just gave me vin..haven’t got on Unica app yet..ordered viola parsife color..anyone know how long from getting vin to finish? Getting excited

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,470 Posts
The Unica app is nearly worthless as far as accuracy in timing. It is delayed information.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Unica app is nearly worthless as far as accuracy in timing.
:giggle: That about sums it up. The Unica app gives you the illusion of real time..........that is, the real time your wasting checking it.

Reactions: Russk

·
Registered
265 Posts
Ordered: beginning of February 2020
Delivery: beginning of November 2020
Total: 9 months
Car rejected due to paint damage
Dealership Ordered Replacement: November 2020
Current ETA: June 2021
If it arrives by June that would be 7 months on re-order

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When I spoke with the salespeople at Charlotte they also stated that the Urus' and the Huracans' are produced like clockwork in 6 to 7 months.
@nickorette, did they give your second order a higher priority given they screwed up the first time around?

·
Registered
265 Posts
When I spoke with the salespeople at Charlotte they also stated that the Urus' and the Huracans' are produced like clockwork in 6 to 7 months.
@nickorette, did they give your second order a higher priority given they screwed up the first time around?
Doesn't seem like it. Lambo Warranty wasn't really interested in anything but a respray, which I didn't find acceptable. Everything to make things right was done through dealer side.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Doesn't seem like it. Lambo Warranty wasn't really interested in anything but a respray, which I didn't find acceptable. Everything to make things right was done through dealer side.
Hopefully, the dealership compensated you in an acceptable way.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Crossed a milestone today (see attached/green arrow) the days since my order was placed (67) exceeds the days remaining until completed (66). I know, I know, patience is a virtue well, at least that is what I have been told. :giggle:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Damn that car is soooo sexy in Blue Cepheus. Why didn't I have the balls to order it sight unseen :)
Thanks my friend. I am sure your EVO, like all EVOs will not disappoint no matter what the selected colour. You are real close to taking delivery, correct?

·
Registered
2022 Huracan EVO (Ordered 07/02/2021)
27 Posts
Crossed a milestone today (see attached/green arrow) the days since my order was placed (67) exceeds the days remaining until completed (66).
^^^ Congrats. I’ve read most of your posts/threads…
If my calculations/understanding are correct, you are at approximately 67 days into your order, with an extrapolated build completion of 133 days.
Upon completion of your build, the wait from build completion to delivery is another five months due to the factory closing in August. Essentially, it takes another four months wait upon build completion to delivery? Do you know what causes the delay? It would appear to me that four months of down time from build completion to delivery could be reduced to maybe two months? Does a completed car really sit for two to three months awaiting a cargo ship? This seems inefficient to me…
Is my assumption accurate? I’m trying to gauge my build timeline…
The anticipation/wait is much tougher than I thought. A lot of interrupted sleep nights, lol!
TYIA/Cheers,
B

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Hi Ben and thanks! All great questions and I will relate my somewhat unsophisticated impressions but it's based, in part, on member feedback and hopefully we will pierce our collective darkness. The date that is important is the date the order is actually submitted and that starts the clock and in my case that was the 13th of May then on the 26th of May my car went into "Start of Production", and as of tomorrow it will be exactly 8 weeks in that status. BTW, I have no indication of my car status in the Unica App yet. I am hoping based upon other members experience to see my car on the Unica App in the 10th week +/- and it should hopefully state it is "In Production" with a generic picture of my EVO.......
Here are my thoughts I think after your order is submitted you are in line for your turn on the assembly line. Keep in mind a Huracan only takes 15 hours and 20 minutes* to complete so, a little less than two days. Though, I can't rule out that the 4 month wait could involve some time to assemble the EVO frame and have it painted but I think it is only a couple of days not 4 months.......so, it's mostly a waiting game until you get the Brass Ring, and it's your turn on the assembly line.
My completion date as related by my SA is the 23rd of September but keep in mind it has to take a 3 week all expense paid luxury cruise to the States and then it will take another week for the dealership to receive and prep the car. Based upon that I should see my car hopefully by the end of October barring any supply constraints. Also consider further delays can naturally be anticipated if you do Ad Personam requests as well.
Ben, I hear you about the agonizing wait/anticipation and that is, from all indications, a universal experience, hang in there my friend! ;) This too shall pass..................

*Factory Visit To The Lamborghini Huracan Production Line | LamboCARS.com

1 - 18 of 18 Posts