Lamborghini Talk banner

After nearly 15 years in the making, I finally own a Ford GT

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Ripper 
#1 · (Edited)
So it’s been a long time coming, almost 15 years, but I am happy to report that I’m an owner. Long story short, I bought a 2006 in Tungsten, sent my check, backed out, purchased a custom home lot instead, ended up losing $500,000 on that lot... It took some time for that sting to dissipate, but it finally did, and here I am.

I started off targeting black, preferably black no stripe, but ended up with a white blue stripe. It’s a 2005 with sub-4000 miles, all original, one owner. It arrives in 8 hours, 6am EST Sunday morning. At some point, I’ll post some pictures. In the meantime, here’s my car: https://www.bjmotors.biz/2005-ford-gt-c-13521.htm

So I have several people to thank.

First, I want thank the dealer I bought the car from, Bernie Katz at BJ Motors. Bernie was exceptional. Terrific communication. Knowledgeable on the product and marketplace. Accommodating, patient, and eager to please. In short, the perfect seller. I liked him so much, that I am about to talk myself into sweet 2017 Viper ACR that he has... Check him out. He carries a nice selection of unique cars. I can see myself buying several more cars from him in the future.

Bernie Katz
BJ Motors
804-399-0477
bfkatz@bjmotors_DOT_biz
www.bjmotors.biz

Second, I want to thank the Houston, TX area technician who performed the PPI for me. Mark Darraugh, at Sphere Motorsports was tremendous. He took on the car with very little notice. He called me several times to give me updates. After he completed the assessment, he prepared a comprehensive electronic report complete with pictures and recommendations. Ultimately, he made me comfortable enough to wire money on the car sight unseen. He’s from outside of London and at one point, in his distinct British accent, he said “...that is a fookin’ clean car...”. If anyone ever needs a PPI for any exotic car around Houston (he recently did a Porsche CGT), Mark’s your guy.

Mark Darraugh
Sphere Motorsports
832-277-7062
mark@spheremotorsports_DOT_com
www.spheremotorsports.com

Third, my personal transporter, Rashad Whitehead. I first learned about Rashad through my Ferrari dealer, Ferrari of Atlanta. He does most of their clients. He’s transported my previous F12, and my current 812, many times. He’s super competent, trustworthy, dependable, and fast. I contacted him Tues. He picked up the car Sat at 9:00am. He’ll have the car to me Sun at 6:00am. That’s bad ass. Obviously, when you buy a car like this, you want it yesterday. That’s where Rashad excels. He’s the only guy I trust with my babies.

Rashad Whitehead
R&J Elite Transport
919-607-5463
rcwhitehead@gmail_DOT_com
IG @r.j_elitetransport

Fourth, forum member @Shark01 (aka @Shark on another forum) was instrumental in helping me move forward with my decision. Recently, he purchased a GT and shared his experience on a couple forums. I reached out through PM with a couple questions. He was very generous in taking considerable time to help answer my questions. Later, in a fortuitous twist, he was able to confirm the condition/quality of the car I purchased because he had already spent time evaluating it for potential purchase. What’s more, he recommended that Mark perform the PPI, as Mark has recently completed his PPI (and he services his Lamborghini Diablo with Mark). His reassurances about Bernie, Bernie’s car, and Mark were the linchpin to my purchase. Super good guy, Shark01 is a car enthusiast who’s willing to do a solid for a guy he doesn’t know, all the way across the country.

Lastly, I want to highlight a positive experience I had with a dealer who’s car I didn’t buy. Chris Desneux, at Desneux Motorsports is an all-around great car guy. He had several fine offerings, and had I not struck the deal I did, I would have happily chosen one of his cars. Timely communications, deep knowledge of the marketplace, and unmistakable passion for Ford GT, Chris is a superior option for those looking for a GT. I am real close to buying a Demon he has. Great guy, you can’t go wrong with Chris.

Chris Desneux
Desneux Motorsports
816-365-6010
chris@desneuxmotorsports_DOT_com
www.desneuxmotorsports.com

See less See more
#2 ·
Here are the pictures taken by my transporter when he picked the car up this morning.

Attachments

#4 ·
Huge congrats on finally getting such a beast of a car. I had a tungsten/white stripe behind me today coming home from Sunny Isles to Miami Beach. Sounded insane, looks incredible for a 15yr old car. They are few and far between and a treat to see. Enjoy in the best of health and don't be shy with posting more pics etc. Any mods planned? not that it needs any.

#5 ·
Unfortunately, Bernie Katz who sold Cadster the car, passed away 5 days after this was posted. I came really close to buying this car and worked with Bernie on it, went to his shop several times, very passionate guy about GTs and Vipers.

#9 ·
Just hearing of this news ...

RIP Bernie

a few years ago I had a beer with him when he was in town at Lambo Dallas

Thoughts and Prayers for his family and friends.. He will be missed.

Congrats Cadster on the FGT

I had a TT 2006 FGT... Loved it !

#6 ·
As Cadster stated, I too recently bought a GT. More of a driver grade car than the pristine one Cadster bought, but mine is chock full of upgrades, a couple of minor stories....and the price was one of those "Offers I couldn't refuse" deals.

Attachments

Reactions: Luzifer
#7 ·
Have always loved the Ford GT. Beautiful car and American made. Now that's a car that has increased in value!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.