Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After one month ownership of my new 6 speed manual Gallardo 05 I can tell you its obviously an AMAZING car. Performance is stunning, looks, even practicality is good, and interior is sooo confy to be a sports car....

The thing i noticed the most regarding performance is that you can see the real power of the car beyond 200/220KMH. Thats where the car has a real competive edge and eats competition. Raced with a 360 challenge stradale and up to 220 i manage to keep up but it was pretty even, beyond that i would just eat her! got to up to 280 on a fast sweeper on motorway then decided it was enough playing for the day... :D
On the other hand raced with a M3 and lotus 111s and 1 and second gears were pretty even. OK the gallardo could pull away just as fast, probably faster, but there was no real "wow" advantage....as soon as 3 gear was in bye bye baby..... :wave:
Tomorrow the car is due in for first service (2500km according to my dealer lambo took away first service at 2000km and just says first service is at 12,000km. But my dealer will make a first service at 2000 anyways). I will also install Tubi exhausts!!! :D

On a different notice my dealer gave me some pretty hot info. First, and this is confirmed by other owners, the cars top speed is around 330/340kms (on the tacho). Second according to dealer the new 05 models have a slightly modified engine where the power should be slightly up to about 520hp...My experience is that top speed is well beyond the claimed 309kmh. I got to 310 (reading on the tacho) (on the first day of ownership) and tha car was just keeping pulling (i lifted my foot as i thought it was enough for first day of ownership....).
The other news is that apparently the new gallardo spider has already been built. My dealer is bringing some clients (i had to go as well but i am out of the country SH*T) to see it in sant agata next week. The retractibel roofs slides under the engine compartment which slides back anout 20cm from the rear of the car and then back into position. apparently its AMAZING!!!!!! deliveries should begin early next year...
Well this is all from N. Italy for the moment. I will post more pictures soon, for the moment this is the only one i have....

·
Registered
59 Posts
jamesketchell said:
Lorenzo,

Up until the first service at 1500 miles you shouldnt really be topping 4000 RPM. So when you said "I got to 310 (reading on the tacho) (on the first day of ownership)" I could almost feel metal on metal grinding in my head!
The US dealer advised 5500rpms for the first 650 miles and 6500 up to 950 miles.

In comparison, the F-car engines ran at redline for 15 mins at the factory prior to installation in the cars and the dealer noted that you can redline it when new.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dear Albert and James,

My dealer here in italy when i popped in for an oil top up after about 1500kms after i told him that on a couple of occasions i had "pushed" the car to redline and if this was ok for the break-in of the car told me, quote "you did the best possible break-in". He told me these cars engines are already tested when the engine is put in and that it is ok to push them from the start... :D
but given what your dealers told you now i dont know what to think :eek:

·
Registered
243 Posts
I totally agree with your logic. All major performance cars engines are bench tested at high revs before being fitted.However i think the rev limit isn't just to protect the engine. Its a way of controlling stress on other parts of the car whilst it is thoroughly shaken down over the initial mileage.

I was told that if you had a problem and had redlined the car during the first service interval you ran a very good risk of invalidating the warranty. Believe me i had some first hand experience on warranty claims (especially within the first interval) and you would have a fight on your hands.

Lorenzo, living in Italy I'm sure you get better service than the rest of us. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else. Incidentally, I'm driving my G through Italy in a couple of weeks and cant wait. Its my first time in the country, and what a way to see it!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Definately James....WHAT A WAY! you will love it!! A word of advice to you gumballers: the italian Polizia Stradale are a REAL BITCH...think worse and multiply! Don't try to play smart on them or seem toooo apologetic cause they will get even more frustrated than they already are. In the south you might play well on the WOW car factor...And remember dont run away...they've got a gallardo too!!!
One other thing, for us italians if you drive up until to 40km/h on top of the speed limit (which is 130km/h) you just get a fine and points on your licence. Over that its licence taken away. (if you are foreign they might also impound your car...really it all depends on how the police officer's coffe tasted in the morning :D ) Cruising speed should be good around 180km/h cause give and take allowances and tacho mi-reads you should be within thise limits...If you give me your email i will send u a map i have with all the fixed speed cameras. I would get equipped with a VERY well hidden jammer if i were you and be careful detectors are illegal (though they might not even know what they are!!!). One last thing: while "ring-ing" sicily careful on your car from there stealing it and shipping it to africa is quite easy!!! (btw in sicily speed restrictions and police should be more relalaxed). Equip yourself with a telepass (to drive straight through) and viacard (preferential line in case telepass is stuck or busy) for tollbooths (dont know if you can have a telepass being foreign but you may ask an italian friend to lend it to you)... GUMBALL HARD and keep your head on your shoulders! :evil:

·
Registered
62 Posts
gallardo301004 said:
After one month ownership of my new 6 speed manual Gallardo 05 I can tell you its obviously an AMAZING car. Performance is stunning, looks, even practicality is good, and interior is sooo confy to be a sports car....

The thing i noticed the most regarding performance is that you can see the real power of the car beyond 200/220KMH. Thats where the car has a real competive edge and eats competition. Raced with a 360 challenge stradale and up to 220 i manage to keep up but it was pretty even, beyond that i would just eat her! got to up to 280 on a fast sweeper on motorway then decided it was enough playing for the day... :D
On the other hand raced with a M3 and lotus 111s and 1 and second gears were pretty even. OK the gallardo could pull away just as fast, probably faster, but there was no real "wow" advantage....as soon as 3 gear was in bye bye baby..... :wave:
Tomorrow the car is due in for first service (2500km according to my dealer lambo took away first service at 2000km and just says first service is at 12,000km. But my dealer will make a first service at 2000 anyways). I will also install Tubi exhausts!!! :D

On a different notice my dealer gave me some pretty hot info. First, and this is confirmed by other owners, the cars top speed is around 330/340kms (on the tacho). Second according to dealer the new 05 models have a slightly modified engine where the power should be slightly up to about 520hp...My experience is that top speed is well beyond the claimed 309kmh. I got to 310 (reading on the tacho) (on the first day of ownership) and tha car was just keeping pulling (i lifted my foot as i thought it was enough for first day of ownership....).
The other news is that apparently the new gallardo spider has already been built. My dealer is bringing some clients (i had to go as well but i am out of the country SH*T) to see it in sant agata next week. The retractibel roofs slides under the engine compartment which slides back anout 20cm from the rear of the car and then back into position. apparently its AMAZING!!!!!! deliveries should begin early next year...
Well this is all from N. Italy for the moment. I will post more pictures soon, for the moment this is the only one i have....
Yes, well thats all fun and nice, but the question remains. How does a gallardo stand up to the new f430? I've read in an automotive magazine(can't remember witch one) that said the f430 is slightly quicker, and feels much lighter on its feet. I still haven't driven a f430, but one of my close friends is on the waiting list, I am looking forward to taking it for a spin when he gets it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lambo-Crazy said:
Yes, well thats all fun and nice, but the question remains. How does a gallardo stand up to the new f430? I've read in an automotive magazine(can't remember witch one) that said the f430 is slightly quicker, and feels much lighter on its feet. I still haven't driven a f430, but one of my close friends is on the waiting list, I am looking forward to taking it for a spin when he gets it.

When you do try it on the motorway in the rain....then drive the G car. and then tell me which one is quicker and feels more safe.
Both cars are superb. But bear in mind the 430 is a revised 360. The G car is a new car altogether. Plus lookswise the G car has no competition. Personally I don't fall crazy for the 430 lookswise....

·
Registered
243 Posts
gallardo301004 said:
Definately James....WHAT A WAY! you will love it!! A word of advice to you gumballers: the italian Polizia Stradale are a REAL BITCH...think worse and multiply! Don't try to play smart on them or seem toooo apologetic cause they will get even more frustrated than they already are. In the south you might play well on the WOW car factor...And remember dont run away...they've got a gallardo too!!!
One other thing, for us italians if you drive up until to 40km/h on top of the speed limit (which is 130km/h) you just get a fine and points on your licence. Over that its licence taken away. (if you are foreign they might also impound your car...really it all depends on how the police officer's coffe tasted in the morning :D ) Cruising speed should be good around 180km/h cause give and take allowances and tacho mi-reads you should be within thise limits...If you give me your email i will send u a map i have with all the fixed speed cameras. I would get equipped with a VERY well hidden jammer if i were you and be careful detectors are illegal (though they might not even know what they are!!!). One last thing: while "ring-ing" sicily careful on your car from there stealing it and shipping it to africa is quite easy!!! (btw in sicily speed restrictions and police should be more relalaxed). Equip yourself with a telepass (to drive straight through) and viacard (preferential line in case telepass is stuck or busy) for tollbooths (dont know if you can have a telepass being foreign but you may ask an italian friend to lend it to you)... GUMBALL HARD and keep your head on your shoulders! :evil:
Thanks for all the adive. I'll be sure to bear in all in mind. But when the red mist desends..... Talking of Police Gallardo's, I know one of the gumball cars this year has been wrapped to look just like the official police car! Maybe i should just tag along with him and let him clear traffic ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts