Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure alot of you are or did autocrossing in thier Lambos.
I'm doing my second Autocross in my 95' 2WD diablo :D. On the Bahrain International Circuit.
The first race was last week aginst a Viper and a Porsche. I was the first with the best time :whip: and I got 25 points so far.
any advises will be appreciated :) like tire pressures, dropping the clutch on which RPM (I do it on 3000).... anything will help.
I have 4 more races for 2005.
Thank you guys and wish us Good luck,

Hazim

·
Registered
5 Posts
autocross in a diablo. I wish I could see that.

undefinedI race autocross in my 84 300zx n/a. Its damn heavy and damn slow, but I still beat many corvettes, turbo and supercharged miatas, RSX type s, STI, 911, Alfa Romao.

But i never even thought about autocross racing with vipers and Diablo. That would be wicked too see.

You must just love the place your in. Having a great time driving, with probably no police chasing you for speeding?

It is damn tough in canada for a guy to become a professional race car driver... i'm just starting my grand adventure. "When I get 2nd I feel depressed. lol"

check out these results and webpages.

http://www.autocrossracer.com/resultsjune5th.htm

http://okmiataclub.netfreehost.com/okmiataclub-ftopic51.html

the names Marcel Irnie.. i got first in that miata club race, and i'm in superstock with the autocrossracer.com club.

I'm gonna go in the BC championship this year, and maybe the Nationals if I can afford it.. its a long ways to drive for a race though.. to Red dear Alberta.

later

Marcel

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hazim i got a few words of help.

When launching yoru rear wheel drive try to keep teh wheel slip to a minimum.. now that doesn't mean no wheel slip.. the fastest launch is always dependant on the vehical. U want wheel slip so your rpms don't fall down.. but not too much that you are not moving forward. understand.

now you will want to p lay with your suspension handling.. You want yoru car to be neutral handing or have oversteer.. Do make this happen, you can put a rear sway bar in/ or make stiffer, or put in stiffer rear springs.. or softer front springs.

always adjust yoru airpressur for racing.. get out some chauk or white stuff to put on yoru tires.. too see how much they wear over.. taking off the chauk.. their should be a arrow to the limit of roll over.. adjust air pressure to keep it above the arrows, but still close to them for maximum tracion.. then u must think about adjusting air for car balance. and traction for front and rear tires vs's eachother.

probably sounds complicated.. just start asking questions at the races.

Take rides in other peoples cars while racing too.

Don't be afraid to always ride the limit of yoru car. that is the best way to quickly learn how fast yoru car can go. thats why we use cones.. not walls.

I've only been racing for 1.5 years now.. my second season is half way in.
Yet I have learned very quickly.. I used to always race dirtibkes and do all other motorsports.. like Streetbike 2 stroke crotch rockets in thailand.. i love thailand and malaysia, and Laos.. i so wanna go back when i make money wiht my tv show .. i have lots of work editing though.. huge pain in the ass.

later

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
hey hazim

hi hazim , it sounds like ur havin funn.
please post more in fo on the outocross??? i live in saudi and have an sv.. i would love to do something like that...
give them hell dude :whip:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Marcel : Thank you for your help, but when you drive a Diablo you don't need to do all that, it's ready to go :evil: Just make sure the pressur is all ok. oil and fluid is fresh, and you are ready to go.
Over all I enjoy it and have fun when dirving on the same track F-1 uses in Bahrain.

abunawaf : check your PM. I send you my phone number to call me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
idea...

are the springs in those diablos.. are they stiff enough.. can you purchase race springs.. stiffer springs.. Do they have much body roll. Can u adjust the wheel camber with stock parts.

did u try toe out or neutral toe settings? this could help you with much better turn in. because the tires face out a little instead of toe in.. it makes it more responsive to turning.. like it wants to turn more.

later

marcel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts