Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I’ve owned two Lp Gallardos over the years but I’ve since sold them and now I’m on the hunt for an Aventador. So my question is on a budget of $350k what years should I stay away from and I’m guessing I’m in the 2014-2015 model years.
I know the Gallardo very well but not as up to date on the Aventador.
Thank you in advance and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Jeff

·
Registered
274 Posts
Would think you are in the 2014-2015 as well, would take a bit more to get into an S. Love my 15 AV Roadster and highly recommend going with a Roaster to get that roof off experience, a bit more headroom (am tall), and more aggressive look (IMHO). had a Super G before, will never go back as the V12, scissor doors, top off experience is something special. Enjoy your hunt for the dream car.

·
Premium Member
Aventador Roadster Extreme Edition, Huracan Performante, Gallardo Performante
2,256 Posts
Crazy to think that 350K a year ago would have gotten an S roadster or an SV coupe.

Reactions: TheYellowCarGuy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would think you are in the 2014-2015 as well, would take a bit more to get into an S. Love my 15 AV Roadster and highly recommend going with a Roaster to get that roof off experience, a bit more headroom (am tall), and more aggressive look (IMHO). had a Super G before, will never go back as the V12, scissor doors, top off experience is something special. Enjoy your hunt for the dream car.
Thank you very much for your in put , I’m happy to know I am in the ball park. Thank you fir advice on the roadster, I’ve always loved the coupe and not spyder, because to me it takes all the lines out of the car, but I see your point on the roadster, will have to give it a lot of thought.
Jeff

·
Registered
536 Posts
Hi Jeff,
I also have a 2014 LP 700 ROADSTER. I would seriously ask you to consider the roadster VS the coupe. I hardly drive with the roof off BUT even with it on the "lines" seem so much better to me + taking the roof off and then not having a trunk is a pain at my age. I know the roadster costs more but I think, in years to come, they will be the more desirable as well. Also look at pearl white with a gloss black removable roof. Just about every female I've asked (who knows cars) reckons this is the best colour combination whereas guys seem to favour the brighter colours? Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle
Hi Jeff,
I also have a 2014 LP 700 ROADSTER. I would seriously ask you to consider the roadster VS the coupe. I hardly drive with the roof off BUT even with it on the "lines" seem so much better to me + taking the roof off and then not having a trunk is a pain at my age. I know the roadster costs more but I think, in years to come, they will be the more desirable as well. Also look at pearl white with a gloss black removable roof. Just about every female I've asked (who knows cars) reckons this is the best colour combination whereas guys seem to favour the brighter colours? Just my 2 cents
Thank you so much for your input. I think you guys have officially made up my mind. Roadster it is.
Actually both of my Gallardos were white. With the black wheels and other black accents so I know exactly what your saying.
Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

·
Registered
536 Posts
Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Vehicle
Vehicle registration plate Sky Vehicle Car Hood
Tire Wheel Cloud Vehicle Sky

I think a car like this? Well maybe not THIS car because it's in Sydney, Australia and it cost me $A600k about a year ago = 2016 LP 700-4 roadster, in leather 6,000 kilometers -you guys pay about half this! Cheers ED

·
Registered
299 Posts
After driving both, the roadster is WELL worth the price premium they command imo. A lot of days it completely makes the driving experience

Reactions: El-Toro

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Is there really more headroom in a roadster or were you referring to the unlimited amount when the roof is off? Thanks.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Asa former LP owner, I would STONGLY urge you to seek a 2017 or newer S. The gains in tech, power, and ground force with new body panels cannot be discounted. Save more or keep looking. My 2019 had 12K miles and was flawless when I got it in December 2020. I would avoid a roadster, when panels are stored no room, lowered interior room, no slick glass engine cover, one of the fine styles in the AV. Cold weather is around the corner, so mid west dealers will have them at perhaps a more realistic pricing. Warning, this car IS addictive! Leave your info/specs with folks like John Hrad at Lambo Dallas, they will look for one. There are several on the market now for 399K, you can always offer, if they are consignment they are flexible.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I would avoid a roadster, when panels are stored no room, lowered interior room, no slick glass engine cover, one of the fine styles in the AV.
Mate, I'm not trying to get into a fight, only trying to help the guy with his decision. The S and up are definitely better cars, but here in Australia they are $A200k more - so I could "stretch" to a 2016 at $A600K but couldn't go one third more. If I had the money then, yes, an S up would be GREAT.
I'm surprised you say "lowered interior room", I "thought" there was about 2 inches more,? Anyway, I'm 6'1" and have NO trouble fitting in my roadster.
I honestly think the roadster looks better than the coupe, especially with the roof off, but I guess this is a matter of taste (you can get glass louvers for the roadster but not giving a full view of the engine). Anyhow, just my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Is there really more headroom in a roadster or were you referring to the unlimited amount when the roof is off? Thanks.
more head room, about 1. 5 inches, at 6'4" a roaster is required to fit into a AV. Trust me Roadster is the way to go and coming from a G to a AV a LP700-4 will keep you excited for a while. Sure an S has a bit more tech but is it worth the cost trade? for me it was not and I actually like the LP700 side vent better with the carbon trim than in the S. Will jump to a SVJ once these pandemic crazy prices calm down a bit

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,648 Posts
more head room, about 1. 5 inches, at 6'4" a roaster is required to fit into a AV. Trust me Roadster is the way to go and coming from a G to a AV a LP700-4 will keep you excited for a while. Sure an S has a bit more tech but is it worth the cost trade? for me it was not and I actually like the LP700 side vent better with the carbon trim than in the S. Will jump to a SVJ once these pandemic crazy prices calm down a bit
I’ve noticed most pro athletes get roadsters, and I’m sure that’s so they can fit in it..

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Roadster all day long.

Get what you like though.

Frankly, I like the more aggressive big scoops on the non S models. I drive both S and non S and I really could not tell much of a difference, so why would I pay more for a car I like the looks of a little less?

If you know where you are going and the weather.(which is most of the time for me) you can leave the panels at home and get your trunk. I’ve yet to need the trunk so I haven’t done this yet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Asa former LP owner, I would STONGLY urge you to seek a 2017 or newer S. The gains in tech, power, and ground force with new body panels cannot be discounted. Save more or keep looking. My 2019 had 12K miles and was flawless when I got it in December 2020. I would avoid a roadster, when panels are stored no room, lowered interior room, no slick glass engine cover, one of the fine styles in the AV. Cold weather is around the corner, so mid west dealers will have them at perhaps a more realistic pricing. Warning, this car IS addictive! Leave your info/specs with folks like John Hrad at Lambo Dallas, they will look for one. There are several on the market now for 399K, you can always offer, if they are consignment they are flexible.
Thank you very much for your view point. It does make sense.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Roadster all day long.

Get what you like though.

Frankly, I like the more aggressive big scoops on the non S models. I drive both S and non S and I really could not tell much of a difference, so why would I pay more for a car I like the looks of a little less?

If you know where you are going and the weather.(which is most of the time for me) you can leave the panels at home and get your trunk. I’ve yet to need the trunk so I haven’t done this yet.
Same here even if price was rhe same I like the more aggressive look of the non s - as for drivability I own a viper too so the non s is great. For real drivability I drive an ls lexus lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That is such great information and totally agree with you and actually learned a lot from your post.
Thank you very much

·
Registered
350 Posts
btw: my car is just completing the B inspection which is a three-year full service at Lamborghini Las Vegas I just received a video the car is literally flawless at every point underneath. It’s an exceptionally engineered car and holding up well

no issues whatsoever other than a sticky tire pressure sensor now and then.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts