Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into getting a set of new pipes for my 1995 Diablo.
Can anyone advise me which is better , Tubi or Larini ?
Is the increase in Hp noticeable during everyday driving?
(as quoted in Larini's website, there should be a 22 HP increase as well as
a weight saving of 40 Kg).
What does Tubi qoute?

Is low end torque sacrificed in an upgrade?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've got a Larini on my 99 VT. The sound is amazing - my favorite by far. You can listen to some videos and decide for yourself here:

http://www.quateams.com/ferrari/CG1204/index.html

I can't really comment on the increase in power as the exhaust was already mounted when I bought the car. My car also has the second set of cats replaced with Larini test pipes (the first cats are still on).

There's no question about the weight savings. The last owner gave me the OEM exhaust and it's like a steamer trunk. Completely ridiculous for a supercar to have a muffler like that.

I believe you would have significantly better low-end torque with this upgrade as the motor is flowing more freely at all speeds. Again, I can't comment directly since the car came with the exhaust, but I have no complaints.

I don't have any experience with Tubis on Lambos, but my Ferrari F355 spider has a Tubi exhaust which I find very disappointing. It is much louder at idle (which I didn't want), but not very different sounding at higher speeds (which I did want - looking for that F1 shriek). In fairness to Tubi I still have the OEM cats on the car which also affect things, but I wouldn't spend the money on the Tubi again. I have an Ansa on my Testarossa which was cheaper than the Tubi and sounds dramatically better (again, though, with test pipes).

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
I give a huge vote to Larini. I installed it myself, (98 Diablo) and the difference is day and night. I thought I heard the car say "thank you I can breath now"! :)

The sound is also perfect for the car, a snarling mean sound. I can definitely feel a difference in power, but can't say how much at least 22 HP though. (rear cats removed).

I also chose Larini because I got sick of everybody touting Tubi. It's too expensive and they are getting a premium because of the "heard" mentality.

Lastly, whatever you decide anything is better than stock!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Another option

There is a post about a system that I ran into and have on my 97 roadster
It is called Capristo, is german made and I have never heard anything that sounds or looks that good. Had a lambo dealer say the same thing. If you send me your e-mail I will send pics and web site

Here is the main place I think in US. This guy is really nice, don't be spooked by mention of Ferrari

http://www.nicksforzaferrari.com/forzaferrariwebsite1_043.htm

My real e-mail is [email protected]

·
Registered
132 Posts
Eric, I have Larini exhaust and sport cat installed on my G-car. The sound are really great. But it's not as loud as tubi when idling. It also improve the throttle response. I personally prefer Larini than tubi. If you need further info. please let me know.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I have Tubi and am pleased with it..

As stated, regardless of which one you install your engine will run better and you will save a great deal of weight.

I also ran test pipes with the Tubi - love the sound at idle, but while driving you could not listen to the radio, so I installed a resonator straight pipe made by Quick Silver and the sound is perfect.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys for all your advice.
I will speak to the dealer in Hong Kong and ask about their opinion as well.
I know a few owners in HK who have installed the Larini system on their cars (namely Gallardo) but have not heard the sound from a Diablo with Larini.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The Larini resonator (or silenced test pipes) are straight pipes that have some sound deadening material around them. they are freer flowing than cats, but not as loud as straight pipes. Hope that helps.

Board sponsor DexM is glad to help out with any and all Larini needs ;).

Best,
Brent
DexM llc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've also been looking into exhausts for my 95 diablo. Do you guys really think it comes down to just Larini or Tubi? What other experiences have people had? More specific info please: sound @ idle, sound @ full throttle, HP gains, ect. Also, what retailer has best deals.

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts