Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all from New Zealand, I am new to this group.

Ever since I was 5 years old I had always wanted to own a Lamborghini, I know it sounds like another dreamer ! This was pretty much being at the right place at the right time, I saw a Lamborghini Huracan parked up. In New Zealand Lamborghini's are not common exotics to see in NZ, you would see more Ferrari's than a Lamborghini.

I was fortunate enough to be offered a quick ride from the owner, I was just lost for words and could not thank the owner enough being able to go for a ride and experience my dream car. I am now in my later twenty's and I am fortunate enough to have a house to call my very own. I work in Real Estate which you get paid in commission which means your earnings per year vary. I have been saving hard putting away as much as I can, but as you all know unexpected things come up such as your broken a tooth, or the fridge has stopped working and when I was at college who thought we would be going into a strange world with Covid. I am just seeking advice on how to budget, change things with your money to make my dream car a reality than just a dream. The other thing is I don't want to seek a big loan and be paying large amounts of money each week to pack the bank back, I really want to work for it and earn it but really need advice on how to push my money to obtain it.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Welcome, a noble quest indeed! Though, I will let our fellow New Zealand members chime in first given their awareness of the supercar market in your country would be the most accurate/useful plus they may be able to lend some advice regarding financing said dream. Best of luck!

Premium Member
Hi Klutch,

Welcome aboard. Forgive my terseness as I have a couple of drinks in me; but, to me the best way to afford your dream is simply to double your income. So tell us, how will you do that?

im going to start some popcorn, brb.

Registered
2022 H EVO RWD on order
Hi Klutch,

Welcome aboard. Forgive my terseness as I have a couple of drinks in me; but, to me the best way to afford your dream is simply to double your income. So tell us, how will you do that?

im going to start some popcorn, brb.
Two times zero is still zero!!! Give Klutch more!!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol I would very much to double my income,you guys just need to buy more houses from me so I can do that lol. Has anyone of you dabbled in affiliated marketing ?

Registered
My business partner has crushed affiliate marketing...but it is not for everyone (YouTube would have you believe it's a drop ship world and it's super easy).

My advice, stick to what you know and grind. Become the best, deliver better service than your competitors. Eat, sleep, breath your business.

Be a good person, and have balance in your life.

If you do this, wealth is sure to follow. INVEST while you are young and watch passive income or compound interest GROW.

Pay off your debts, and THEN buy a lambo---

Find some fellow NZ people who have conquered the mountain you wish to climb and get to know them well. Offer to help them for free, in exchange for mentorship---

From there GRIND and work hard. Don't fall for the next big thing and just be consistent, improving your craft as time and effort are the keys.

lol I would very much to double my income,you guys just need to buy more houses from me so I can do that lol. Has anyone of you dabbled in affiliated marketing ?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks LamboGrasshopper that is some really good advice,

I have been having a good read on the group,because it seems this is a commonly asked question how to afford a Lamborghini and there is allot of good information. Quote me if I am wrong but let me know if I am on the right track.

I actually left college early because I wanted to make a life of my own and start making money, I was sick of having no money and wanted money so I could buy a car and have that freedom
of being able to go out to places. I went around many places with my CV asking for work, had several interviews and never heard anything. I had no work experience and I noticed allot of employees wouldn't give the new kid a chance. They always wanted someone with work experience or experience in the job. I ended up volunteering my time working in a gun store, cleaning, stocking shelf's and then learning new skill such as reloading shells ect. It took me four years before I found a full time paying job. There was a ad in the local paper that there was a full time position as a sales consultant selling second hand and new cars, Toyota, Mazda, Subaru. I went for the job interview and 2 weeks later they called me back to tell me I had the job ! This was great my first job and working with cars, I worked for the company for two years, I was selling around 20 cars a month, I got to meet allot of awesome people, and also many tyer kickers. I loved my job it had its up's and downs and sometimes the boss could be a real A hole sometimes . I had been with the company for two years and decided, I had enough and wanted to step up my game and work in the luxury car dealerships.
I ended up buying a tailored suit, splashed out on a new modern hair cut and made sure I parked my car around the corner so nobody at the dealer could see the old Honda Civic I had. I turned up in my new suit and went into many of the dealers and struggled to even get a interview. I had a friend who was a real estate agent who told me its a good job to get into and the money can be really good. I knew nothing about being a Real Estate agent and honestly the only thing on my mind was ooo I am going to make a allot of money and be able to save up for my dream car which is a Lamborghini Hurcan Evo. After 6 months of hard out study and a year of working 7am -till 11pm 7 days a of week with no free time to do my own thing. I hated my job, I had no free time to do my own thing, my phone would ring off the hook and honestly I made $20K more than I did working as a car salesman. I have made the decision to go back to car sales and work hard in a industry I know and I may not be on a $200K pay salary but I do what I enjoy doing. My dream car is just shy of $500K NZD which is less than what is costs to buy a house. I do need help but If I work hard I know I can achieve that goal. The story behind this is do what you love doing and work hard at it.

I am just interested to hear other people's stories and how they manged to buy there Lambo.

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
If I did what I love I鈥檇 be broke.

Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
I've come to the conclusion if they're telling you how to do it, or selling you how to do it then it's already been done and there's not much left except for them to make more money off you trying....... if that makes any sense.
Anyway.....basically I'm not that motivated to do all that stuff for any length of time that I don't believe in. I don't know stock trading and I'm not a gambler. I don't have money to invest in Bitcoin or any of these other things I know nothing about
What worked is hard work at something I know, feel comfortable with, and actually like......Auto Parts. Imagine that.
Short story --- I started selling auto parts online in 2006 because my day job barely paid the bills and I wanted extra cash to be able to do fun things. Got used to it and familiar with the process, sources, marketing strategies, etc.... went well and bought my house in 2010. Quit my day job in 2012 and never worked for anybody since. I only work enough to pay the bills. If I wanted to buy a Huracan I'd have to work harder, but no thanks, I'm ok for now. The more I work the more I sell the more I make, etc, etc....

I'd say if you're not in a position to gamble, keep doing what you're doing BUT find something to start part-time which interests you enough that you won't get tired of it and maybe a bit of success with it might encourage you to do more of it. I wish there was an easy answer but what works for some people might not work for others. Don't think get rich quick, just think of another way to make more money for now and maybe you can grow that thought

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
FontusBluG I really appreciate your advice. I couldn't agree more, When I was flat out studying real estate I would take a breather and watch car videos on Youtube and my favorite was
Daily Driven Exotics, before his channel really kicked off he made making money so easy doing affiliated marketing, facebook ad's calling it the laptop life style. I bought books, watched lots of videos, listened to podcasts and as much as I tried never could understand it.

Do you mind me asking what are your thoughts on our LP560-4 because honestly that car I am closer to being able to afford without going into debt than trying to buy Huracan.

Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
I absolutely love it. It is my 'weekend' car but I can't wait until the weekend to drive it. I've had several other sporty cars, Mustangs, BMW M cars, a Porsche Carrera S, but None of them can compare to the feeling this thing gives me when I drive it. I never had a car that I thought about so much as to when can I drive it and where can I take it. If you've never had anything like the cars I mentioned then you will be beyond amazed. I've never driven a Huracan but I expect it will take it to the next level but you have to start somewhere. Trust me, if you've never driven a 'supercar' you will Not be disappointed by a Gallardo. 1st or 2nd generation is up to you but IMO the 2nd gen resolved the issues that were exposed on the 1st gen. Do your research, there's plenty of info on youtube to help you decide, here is my current favorite ---

Registered
Took me until 50 to get my "poster" car. Through hard work (at what ever you do), saving a solid percentage each week of that pay, and investment success was able to achieve my goals. at 50 a 2008 Super G and a trade up to a Av Roadster at 55. Paid cash as this is a toy and do not believe taking out a loan for these types of purchases. Dreams realization can take time ................... SVJ at 60.............Paganni at 60 ............... we shall see, the market (and my established Lambo Fund) is booming so it is possible. My advice, be consistent and methodical in your savings, work hard to be the best, invest wisely, and go after that dream.

Registered
Hard work doesn't cut it anymore.

You have to have some brains, to work hard with, to have a chance.

Sure there are some exceptions to the rule, but you'll find most Lambo owners are quite mentally adept.

I have countless hours working at 3 am.

Premium Member
There truly is a lot of wisdom in this thread. However seemingly contradictory various advice may seem, there are truths in everything that was said. Everyone's path is, and will be, different.

Advice #1: Subscribe and listen to the 10xTalk podcast. They are free, and so very valuable. While you probably don't qualify to be in his programs yet, the information he gives for free is pure gold. Joe Polish's story is just so inspiring and Dan Sullivan is one of the, if not the, best entrepreneurial coach in the U.S. No idea if he has programs in New Zealand, but I am confident people come from NZ to US to get his coaching. I believe his signature program requires you to have $500,000 minimum of verifiable income to participate and costs $10,000 for four sessions. Which in my opinion is way underpriced.

I would not just start looking for, and signing up for, coaching programs. Make sure you know what you are getting into and exactly what you hope to get out of it. Otherwise it'll just be a waste of money to you, and as Fontus said, a way for them to make money off of you. On the other side of that coin, there is a reason that Tony Robbins can and does charge over a million for a private coaching session, and many get all that value and more from it.

Reactions: FontusBluG

Registered
It may sound obvious, but save your money. Incredible how many good wage earners I know spend what they get. The majority of people I know live paycheck to paycheck, no matter what they make.

Start an investment fund and put everything you can into it. It will take time, but you can get there without having to make a fortune. People seem to want get rich quick schemes, but get rich slow is pretty easy and can be done on most incomes. "I don't know what to do, so I am doing nothing." is a terrible trap to fall into. I can't stress enough how important it is to start early.

Registered
2022 H EVO RWD on order
Hard work doesn't cut it anymore.

You have to have some brains, to work hard with, to have a chance.

Sure there are some exceptions to the rule, but you'll find most Lambo owners are quite mentally adept.

I have countless hours working at 3 am.
Knowing people isn鈥檛 a bad thing either. Network like crazy! Every job I鈥檝e had is because someone believed in me enough to open a door. Every. Single. Job.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I really appreciate the advice, and I can understand knowing people is not a bad thing as it can open a door to opportunities. I am trying, I know I might sound like a dreamer and I know there is more to life than a car. I really want to push myself to achieve the goal and I realize there is no such thing as a quick rich scheme unless your fortunate enough to win the lottery. At the end of the day its not an impossible goal as long as you put the time, effort and save.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.