Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am looking at a 2007 Gallardo Spyder (e-gear), and it has high mileage (40,000+ mi). Is this something I should be worried about? What are some things-mechanically speaking, that I need to look into before purchasing a higher mileage Gallardos?

Disclaimer:
I've been lurking around the forums for a while, but if this is in the wrong section please move.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Hi everyone, I am looking at a 2007 Gallardo Spyder (e-gear), and it has high mileage (40,000+ mi). Is this something I should be worried about? What are some things-mechanically speaking, that I need to look into before purchasing a higher mileage Gallardos?

Disclaimer:
I've been lurking around the forums for a while, but if this is in the wrong section please move.
Get a good PPI.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
13,971 Posts
40K miles is nt bad at all for an 07. Some say it is better to have some miles on it rather than just sitting.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks got the replies. How much should I expect to pay for a ppi? Around $500?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Regarding the ppi, should I be splitting the cost with the dealer/seller or paying it outright?

·
Registered
376 Posts
With 40k+ miles & 5 previous owners I would hope its not more than 90-95k. The seat looks worn on the seating cushion. They don't have a pic of the side bolsters.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My areas of concern are the number of previous owners, mileage, and the interior. I spoke to the manager, and he said that they are currently putting on an lp560 front bumper. Not sure if they are going to do anything to do with the interior, and apparently it has Michelin tires. I'm going to take a look at it next week.

I was also interested in this

Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder | eBay

Appears to be in much better condition but obviously more expensive.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Personally I would lean to pay a little more and get a car with less miles and less owners. Have you tried searching on the new car fax site that actually lists cars. It specifically provides you a brief summary of owners and it also shows you the car fax without spending $ every time you want to look one up. I have found this site to be invaluable!!!!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Can an imports is right down the street from me, pass them everyday. Let me know if youd like me to come check the car out.

Also there pictures are from a NJ dealer who sell exotics, cant think of the the name right now but I am sure some can easily tell from the photos.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Regarding the ppi, should I be splitting the cost with the dealer/seller or paying it outright?
Are you getting the PPI done from the selling dealership? I'm looking to buy a G and trying to get as much info as possible on the buying process.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Are you getting the PPI done from the selling dealership? I'm looking to buy a G and trying to get as much info as possible on the buying process.
You should get the PPI done through an independent party, not associated with the seller.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I would go with the white one. You will save money on the 6 speed. I think the manual cars will be worth more when you do go to sell, so that is an added plus. Fort Lauderdale Collection has a good reputation and normally has clean cars. Spend a bit more to save in the long run. That is my two cents.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts