Lamborghini Talk banner

161 - 169 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
Ecoboost engine installed on mounts

Was able to keep two of the four OEM mounts. Ecoboost engine is now decked to the subframe and subframe is decked to the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Pretty cool. Is everything going to fit? I have my 6 liter ls motor out of my hummer. It would easily fit in the Jalpa. That would be a beast.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Took some time off from the project, but back at it again. Completed half of the shifter rod to shifter cable conversion. Its going to be tight getting the extra gate for the six speed transmission to fit in the console without modification

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
Designed the 6-speed shifter plate in Catia tonight and sent the .stl file off to a 3D printing shop in New York. With any luck, I’ll get the plate back before July 4th

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
World’s first 6 speed Jalpa? Here is the 3D plastic printed shifter plate prototype, will make a couple 1mm adjustments before having a metal one made.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Shifter looks cool. Make sure that pillowblock can handle the kind of torque you are going to put through it. Many are not vey strong just plain cast iron. They are not designed for the lateral loads those joints will put on it. There are a lot of forces at that point. I would probably get a Heavy duty bearing or two and have it machined out of steel. You can always try those out but if they break...…….. See what the MFGR rating is. That motor puts out a lot of torque. Many of those blocks are designed for 30 to 50 HP. Lee

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
My bad. I looked at the picture again. That is for the shifter not the output shaft of the motor. Ignore my last post. I am an idiot.

161 - 169 of 169 Posts