Lamborghini Talk banner
201 - 206 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #202 ·
Finalizing the wiring now. New master cutoff switch and megafuses underhood splitting power to the normal Jalpa area fuse/relay panel, and a large battery cable and fuse to power the rear Ford Performance Control pack Power Distribution box. I can now sit inside the car and press on the gas pedal and the engine revs accordingly. Its weird to finally sit in the car after two years of working under the car. Although now that I have sat in the car, it’s clear that I need to get all the gauges attached to the new powertrain, as well as hooking up the clutch line, but how hard can that be? Anyone placing bets on when the first drive will be? Memorial Day perhaps?

Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper

Vehicle Hood Car Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #203 ·
There were some rather sketchy harness repairs done at the passthrough from the passenger compartment to the back end of the car. Love the electrical tape and zip tie tryint to keep the connector together and attempting to keep a wire jammed into the pocket of the connector, yet failing miserable at accomplishing that goal.

To cleanly and accurately get the new powertrain sending all the right signals to all the OEM gauges, I needed to sort throught the pinout of these three connectors. What I found so far is that each of these 24 circuits had been spliced earlier on in the car’s life. To do things right, I will be remaking the rear vehicle harness. Just when you think the end of the project is in site, you end up with a mild restoration project on a new system. At least the engine runs good, and with a modern alternator and modern control system keeping the car at 13V, the headlights are brighter, the gauge lights are brighter, and the car idles great.

Can’t wait to feel the power brakes now the 2.3l GTDI engine driven vacuum pump is pulling a good vacuum
Electrical wiring Cable Electrical supply Computer hardware Wire
Textile Bag Electrical wiring Luggage and bags Wire

Textile Luggage and bags Bag Gas Electrical wiring

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
You said Memorial day and I thought about asking you what year as a joke. These projects seem to have a way of growing in ways you never expect. I can't wait to see how this all turns out. Hoping you get it on the road soon!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #206 ·
Not going to make Memorial Day this year…. project scope creep— lets make a new rear end harness to go with my new engine harness is now in process. I just couldn‘t stand the dodgy OEM harness that already had a lot of splices, and then was going to have to be cut to shreds to work with the GTDI engine. Here is the rear end harness out of the car- in case anyone ever wanted to see a US spec rear end harness picture
Light Road surface Asphalt Gas Art

Attachments

201 - 206 of 206 Posts