Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i am new to the Lamborghini world. Just got a 610-4 last month w/about 30K miles. Was driving around a bit today, and the low oil light came on, so i pulled over in 2-3 mins and turned the car off.

Curious on 3 dumb questions (no manual was in the car):

1) Is there an actual dipstick in this car to check current oil level?
2) What oil should i get, is the Castrol ll03 5w30 still the right one.
3) Normal for these cars to burn oil? Driving it around a bit today on the highway i could smell some oil burning.

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
212 Posts
1. Yup! Should see it close to you once you open the engine bay. Some cars are picky about checking while hot or cold.., for Huracán you're supposed to check while the engine's warm.
2. 5W-30.
3. You're the first owner I've seen mention burning oil under normal driving. Would recommend having that checked, especially if you still have a warranty of some kind. Could be lots of reasons and not a red flag per sé, but it shouldn't be happening.

·
Registered
366 Posts
The oil level sensor in my 2015 610-4 is very sensitive. If I'm down less than a half-quart, it lights up.

No reason to panic. The engine holds 9 quarts, and at any time most of this oil is sitting in the oil tank, so the engine won't know the difference.

When was your last oil change? I've noticed that it I let the engine drain out fully (all eight drain plugs out for 30 minutes or so), then add the specified 9 quarts, I'll get a low oil level warning light the first time I drive the car. If I don't let it drain all the way out, I'm fine - no light.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help! I am not sure on the oil change, but I'll schedule one.

For the plastic engine cover is there anything special to know to take that off?

Also which 5w30 oil do you suggest? Thank you!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Always check the oil per the manual - remember, this is a dry-sump engine and the dip stick is in the oil tank, not the crankcase. The oil tank will drain into the crankcase when the engine cools, so never, never rely on a dip stick reading on a cold engine.

The fasteners are standard 1/4 turn slotted head. A normal large flat-blade screwdriver is sufficient. Car hot, level surface. Remove the cover first. Run the engine at high idle (2000 to 2500 RPM) for about a minute, then let it idle for 10-15 seconds. Turn off the engine, and quickly pull the dipstick.

If you've been out for a drive (i.e. not sitting in traffic at idle RPM), you can check the oil immediately after shutting off the engine. Just be sure to have a screwdriver handy so you can remove the cover quickly.

I only use Castrol LL03 5W30. I don't know what's unique about this oil other than it has the ultraviolet dye that allows a dealer to identify it vs. a regular oil should there be any issue with a warranty claim.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh good to know! I will remove the cover and the car run/idle for a minute and then turn it off and check? Just kind of scared running with the low oil light on :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts