Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - I currently have a 458 and I am debating adding a Huracan. There are not too many close to where I live that I can test drive. I drove a 610-4 last week. This is the only one around for a few hundred miles. I did not grove on the AWD. The understeer didn't bother me that much it just felt a little less engaging then I hoped.

I hear the 580-2 has a much different feel and the suspension and transmission have been adjusted. The nearest 580-2 is several hundred miles a way and I would have to make a big effort to test drive it.

If I did not connect with the 610-4 is the 580-2 different enough to justify checking out?

FWIW, a client let me borrow their 2012 RWD Gallardo for a week and I enjoyed the heck out of it. I would not buy one because of the single clutch tranny though.

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,839 Posts
I’ve had 2 AWD Huracans and now 2 RWD. I would recommend watching some videos that review both but from my experience the rear wheel drive is more engaging in a lot more fun than the all-wheel-drive. I’m not a track guy and I’ve never tracked any of my car so I can’t speak for that. JMO

·
Registered
258 Posts
Compared to 458 the LP580-2 will feel less nimble and connected, a little vauge in steering but an improvement on LP610-4.

If you can swing it I'd go for EVO RWD. Sport seats look much nicer and are more supportive then comfort seats, Performante engine (faster throttle response) and exhaust (louder and nicer). Steering has been tuned for more feedback over LP580-2 and you have updated exterior/interior. Overall, well worth premium imo.

While still won't feel as nimble you'll have a different driving experience with the V10 and will make a nice companion to the 458. I'd recommend having one a coupe and one a spyder to make the experiences different enough that you're not overlapping and have a reason to use one over the other.

I have an F430 coupe in the stable that I love to death and EVO RWD Spyder on the way.

Reactions: wthensler

·
Registered
208 Posts
One thing to also look for as well is Carbon ceramic brakes on the 580....the CCBs were a must have to me but they are hard to find on a 580. Its relatively cheap and easy to convert 610 to rwd btw

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
After having 2 R8's and then a Huracan LP610, all with added superchargers, I switched to a 488. I found I could drive those AWD closer to their limits than the 488. I live in an area where a good part of my driving is in spring and the fall and the 488 was horrible on cooler days when it came to traction. Got rid of that 488 in less than a year and went with a Evo AWD, what a difference, got it in November and have done a good amount of driving and the grip is amazing. Car has less power than the 488 but is faster off the line and can hold so much more power going into curves. Also this is first car I have had with rear wheel steering and it really makes you feel like car is on rails. I also have an Evora 400 and find the RWD is more fun in that car with it's lower HP. A AWD Huracan would be a nice compliment to your 458 but a RWD would also be a great addition

·
Registered
388 Posts
Go for a Huracan Evo if you can. And AWD if you have more budget, totally worth every penny. Evo RWD also good.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Compared to 458 the LP580-2 will feel less nimble and connected, a little vauge in steering but an improvement on LP610-4.

If you can swing it I'd go for EVO RWD. Sport seats look much nicer and are more supportive then comfort seats, Performante engine (faster throttle response) and exhaust (louder and nicer). Steering has been tuned for more feedback over LP580-2 and you have updated exterior/interior. Overall, well worth premium imo.

While still won't feel as nimble you'll have a different driving experience with the V10 and will make a nice companion to the 458. I'd recommend having one a coupe and one a spyder to make the experiences different enough that you're not overlapping and have a reason to use one over the other.

I have an F430 coupe in the stable that I love to death and EVO RWD Spyder on the way.
I have a 458 and an order for the STO. Personally, I find AWD doesn't do much for me, or at least the type of driving I do. If the STO falls through, my goto is the EVO RWD Spyder.

I agree the V10 will make a nice companion to the 458, that has been my rationale.

·
Registered
325 Posts
After having 2 R8's and then a Huracan LP610, all with added superchargers, I switched to a 488. I found I could drive those AWD closer to their limits than the 488. I live in an area where a good part of my driving is in spring and the fall and the 488 was horrible on cooler days when it came to traction. Got rid of that 488 in less than a year and went with a Evo AWD, what a difference, got it in November and have done a good amount of driving and the grip is amazing. Car has less power than the 488 but is faster off the line and can hold so much more power going into curves. Also this is first car I have had with rear wheel steering and it really makes you feel like car is on rails. I also have an Evora 400 and find the RWD is more fun in that car with it's lower HP. A AWD Huracan would be a nice compliment to your 458 but a RWD would also be a great addition
Blu, Iast fall I took the 458 up to the mountains and rang its neck. Very challenging driving conditions.

I noticed that grip, especially when cool, became an issue. I could easily push the rubber to the limit despite having brand new Michelin 4SPSs all around. Once the tires (and roads) became warmer (> 100 F), grip got better but IMO was still lacking for that level of aggressive driving.

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
A lot of my drives are planned cruises through mountain areas and out in rural part of state on very twisty roads and the AWD shines on them, can't wait to try my new Evo with RWS out on them this year. A local guy to me got a 488 when they first came out and was driving on a crisp fall day through wooded area, lost control and hit a tree and car burst into flames and he and his passenger died. So when I had my 488 that was always in the back of my mind on drives

·
Registered
325 Posts
A lot of my drives are planned cruises through mountain areas and out in rural part of state on very twisty roads and the AWD shines on them, can't wait to try my new Evo with RWS out on them this year. A local guy to me got a 488 when they first came out and was driving on a crisp fall day through wooded area, lost control and hit a tree and car burst into flames and he and his passenger died. So when I had my 488 that was always in the back of my mind on drives
Wow. Sometimes easy to forget the true power of these machines and how quickly things can go from fun to tragic.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I’ve had 2 AWD Huracans and now 2 RWD. I would recommend watching some videos that review both but from my experience the rear wheel drive is more engaging in a lot more fun than the all-wheel-drive. I’m not a track guy and I’ve never tracked any of my car so I can’t speak for that. JMO
thanks for the input!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

awesome thanks for the advice. evo is a bit out of range for me now but I could wait a year or so....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sorry to hear about the crash yes that would haunt you

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Had a 458 Spider, 610-4 and 580-2. Still have the 580-2.

Not sure why you own a N/A mid-engine RWD car and want to add another N/A mid-engine RWD car?

If you're planning on keeping the 458, get an 812 or F12 instead for a completely different driving experience IMO

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Not sure why you own a N/A mid-engine RWD car and want to add another N/A mid-engine RWD car?

If you're planning on keeping the 458, get an 812 or F12 instead for a completely different driving experience IMO
Thank you great points. Funning you mention F12 because that is what I am cross shopping against. They are just a bit more expensive and not nearly as much selection. I think you make a valid poitn though.

·
Registered
5 Posts

I drove an evo Spyder AWD on vacation last year. I thought about getting one but got an 812 instead. So I had an 812, Pista and gt3 rs. While I LOVED the 812 and it was an awesome car, I was left missing the evo spyder. I got rid of the 812 for an evo spyder awd and I don’t think I’ll miss the 812. The huracan comes in today so I’ll let you know if I regret the decision or not

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I drove an evo Spyder AWD on vacation last year. I thought about getting one but got an 812 instead. So I had an 812, Pista and gt3 rs. While I LOVED the 812 and it was an awesome car, I was left missing the evo spyder. I got rid of the 812 for an evo spyder awd and I don’t think I’ll miss the 812. The huracan comes in today so I’ll let you know if I regret the decision or not
Nice stable. What specifically did you miss about the EVO that you aren't getting from the Pista? Convertible and AWD? Pista is top dog don't see how a EVO RWD coupe adds anything to the mix.

OP is contemplating adding a 580-2 coupe to a 458 Italia and doesn't own a 3RS I believe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice stable. What specifically did you miss about the EVO that you aren't getting from the Pista? Convertible and AWD? Pista is top dog don't see how a EVO RWD coupe adds anything to the mix.

OP is contemplating adding a 580-2 coupe to a 458 Italia and doesn't own a 3RS I believe.
I missed the convertible and AWD. Pista is a great car for sure, but the evo spyder just hits a couple more boxes that the 812 didn’t. OP was told he should look at an 812 or f12 and based on my short experience with the huracan, personally, I prefer the huracan.

I believe OP was debating between 610-4 or 580-2 to add to his 458. In the end it’s just his personal preference, but I prefer AWD for road driving since he already has the 458. Since my cars were RWD and OP is in the same scenario, I liked adding AWD to the mix

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I missed the convertible and AWD. Pista is a great car for sure, but the evo spyder just hits a couple more boxes that the 812 didn’t. OP was told he should look at an 812 or f12 and based on my short experience with the huracan, personally, I prefer the huracan.

I believe OP was debating between 610-4 or 580-2 to add to his 458. In the end it’s just his personal preference, but I prefer AWD for road driving since he already has the 458. Since my cars were RWD and OP is in the same scenario, I liked adding AWD to the mix
Interesting and makes sense from your perspective. I don't need AWD where I live and prefer the RWD driving dynamics. One thing I miss about my Ferrari's is the hardtop convertible. IMO more secure and looks better top up than a softtop. Also was nice to lower the rear window and listen to the N/A V8 screaming to 9K RPM with the roof up.

I appreciate your perspective as at one time I was considering an F12 for my next car but I greatly prefer the cabin forward/short front overhang/go kart experience of a N/A mid-engine RWD. I only have garage for one exotic so I'm sticking with the 580-2 for now and EVO RWD in near future.

Congratulations on the Pista, one of my favorite cars even though it's turbo.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Interesting and makes sense from your perspective. I don't need AWD where I live and prefer the RWD driving dynamics. One thing I miss about my Ferrari's is the hardtop convertible. IMO more secure and looks better top up than a softtop. Also was nice to lower the rear window and listen to the N/A V8 screaming to 9K RPM with the roof up.

I appreciate your perspective as at one time I was considering an F12 for my next car but I greatly prefer the cabin forward/short front overhang/go kart experience of a N/A mid-engine RWD. I only have garage for one exotic so I'm sticking with the 580-2 for now and EVO RWD in near future.

Congratulations on the Pista, one of my favorite cars even though it's turbo.
thanks! Yea I do agree the hardtop looks are great compared to the soft top. The v10 sound is sooo good though. If I didn’t have other RWD cars I would definitely considered Evo RWD so I completely understand your point on stick into to RWD. Enjoy it!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts