Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone looked into adding those functions to the car?

My LP doesn't come with those functions. I am not sure if that's just an Australian thing (since we don't appear to have TPMS either).

I always fold the mirrors when parked for safety (cyclists, scooters, etc) and it's a bit annoying because I sometimes forget and feel compelled to walk back to the car just for that...

Also, automatic headlights would be a nice feature, since driving the car can be a bit overwhelming in terms of avoiding potholes, looking out for steep inclines, and just shifting smoothly... It'd be nice to have another manual task taken care of. I imagine the wiring shouldn't be difficult.. just tap into the dashboard switch using an aftermarket kit with optical sensor. Just wondering if anyone has done it?

The auto-folding mirror would be harder, since the car needs to know if it's switched off and ideally locked etc, so a signal from ignition and central locking is needed.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Something like this for the auto-folding mirrors, for example. I am guessing the wires here are just simple high-low voltage sensing wires for attachment to the door lock/unlock actuator signals and to ACC/Ignition signals. This ought to work if the door lock signals are just simple 12V signals and not fancy CANBUS... does anyone know?

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
How hard is it to manually move the dial and fold your mirrors and manually control your headlights? Lol

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How hard is it to manually move the dial and fold your mirrors and manually control your headlights? Lol
Hahaha.... well, extremely! Especially if you have to walk all the way back to the car to fold those mirrors coz you forgot and you are already sitting inside a restaurant... the debate inside your head about whether to put it out of your mind or to let it distract you all night... and having to explain to your date that you need to leave her for 5min to go fold the mirrors on your Lambo! LOL

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Hahaha.... well, extremely! Especially if you have to walk all the way back to the car to fold those mirrors coz you forgot and you are already sitting inside a restaurant... the debate inside your head about whether to put it out of your mind or to let it distract you all night... and having to explain to your date that you need to leave her for 5min to go fold the mirrors on your Lambo! LOL
I do gt it and those auto features would be nice. Not sure its worth the hassel though?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts