Lamborghini Talk banner

Adding a USB / 12v port

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Plumber 
#1 ·
The Gallardo has a few shortcomings (1 cup holder anyone?). Among these is the lack of power ports or USB ports for phones, cameras, and other accessories. Here’s one idea for those of us without CD changers:

Ruler Automotive tire Tape measure Office ruler Rectangle

Road surface Asphalt Rectangle Wood Grey

Rectangle Bumper Line Asphalt Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Sleeve Grey T-shirt Asphalt

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Simple hole saw and a usb power port or cigarette lighter receptacle is all you need. There’s lots of unused slots in the fuse bus behind the passenger seat. Some are keyed on with the car and some are constant-on so decide which you want and tap into one for power.

#6 ·
I have used a simple flush dual usb insert there as well but my elbow seems to bump the cords (I have the seats mounted as far back and as low as they can go because I’m tall and have a roll bar). I don’t mind if a passenger uses them occasionally but I wanted something I could live with daily and would keep the cords out of my way. Where I installed the new one also makes it easy to plug in a GoPro mounted to the roll bar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.