Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
SL #07007
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ever since I heard the Loc 5 I wanted it for that higher pitch sound. I reached out to @Jason B who helped me get what I wanted. The exhaust arrived in a couple of days and @Jason B put the order in for the Larini sport cats. Along with the exhaust, I added a titanium Reid Performance intake. Thanks for @white out for being there to clarify some install questions I had and for helping me get some additional parts.

The exhaust install was pretty straight forward, just tedious. Once I got the rear bumper off, stock exhaust came right off and the Loc 5 went in. The exhaust came with a metal plate to block heat from the transmission. I wish I didn’t use it. It rattles and now I’ll have to take it all apart to remove it. Only problem I had was the exhaust clamps holding my SL tips in snapped off. I hit them all with PB blaster and I let it sit for a couple of hours. The clamps at the cat and exhaust came off perfectly fine. Just like the O2 sensors but for some reason, the clamps for the tips broke off. Luckily, the Loc 5 kit came with clamps. So I used the new clamps for the cat to exhaust connection. Then I used the old cat/exhaust connection clamps for the tips.

The intake was also very simple also. Mine just didn’t fit. I have not idea why!! I tried every possible angle but using the supplied rubber couplers pushed the intakes too high in the fender well. It angles the ends so high in the fender well that it was literally impossible to get the air filters on. I even tried putting the air filters on first, then feeding the intakes through the fender and into the rubber couplers but again, wouldn’t physically fit. I ended up using the stock couplers and that gave it enough clearance to work. Not sure if anyone else has dealt with this. I’ve been in touch with @white out and he is working on sending me difference couplers.

At the end of the day, I’m very happy with both. The intake has that nice whoosh sound and the loc 5 is a lot louder on the low end of the rpms. When you get above 4K rpm, it screams and sounds awesome!!! Very happy with the set up thanks to the info and help from @Jason B. It feels like it pulls a little harder but could be all mental....

·
Registered
156 Posts
hell yeah brother. Good job w/ the install.

Reactions: Cliff.1620

·
Registered
SL #07007
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
08 SL #07008 in Nero Noctis
33 Posts
can not hear any intake noise in that video at all...dude wait till you take those cats out, it gets 3x as loud instantly...i have LOC 5, larini test pipes, flapspeed 2.5inch cat/o2 extender (stock tune, NO CEL)

also Im #7008

·
Registered
SL #07007
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
can not hear any intake noise in that video at all...dude wait till you take those cats out, it gets 3x as loud instantly...i have LOC 5, larini test pipes, flapspeed 2.5inch cat/o2 extender (stock tune, NO CEL)

also Im #7008
7008? It’s like we just became best friends! Lol

·
Registered
SL #07007
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes!!! Im in SoCal. Where are you?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Though the LOC sounds absolutely tremendous (I had one as well), I must say the SL stock setup doesnt sound bad at all. Congrats and nice job on the install!

·
Vendor
2,615 Posts
Ever since I heard the Loc 5 I wanted it for that higher pitch sound. I reached out to @Jason B who helped me get what I wanted. The exhaust arrived in a couple of days and @Jason B put the order in for the Larini sport cats. Along with the exhaust, I added a titanium Reid Performance intake. Thanks for @white out for being there to clarify some install questions I had and for helping me get some additional parts.

The exhaust install was pretty straight forward, just tedious. Once I got the rear bumper off, stock exhaust came right off and the Loc 5 went in. The exhaust came with a metal plate to block heat from the transmission. I wish I didn’t use it. It rattles and now I’ll have to take it all apart to remove it. Only problem I had was the exhaust clamps holding my SL tips in snapped off. I hit them all with PB blaster and I let it sit for a couple of hours. The clamps at the cat and exhaust came off perfectly fine. Just like the O2 sensors but for some reason, the clamps for the tips broke off. Luckily, the Loc 5 kit came with clamps. So I used the new clamps for the cat to exhaust connection. Then I used the old cat/exhaust connection clamps for the tips.

The intake was also very simple also. Mine just didn’t fit. I have not idea why!! I tried every possible angle but using the supplied rubber couplers pushed the intakes too high in the fender well. It angles the ends so high in the fender well that it was literally impossible to get the air filters on. I even tried putting the air filters on first, then feeding the intakes through the fender and into the rubber couplers but again, wouldn’t physically fit. I ended up using the stock couplers and that gave it enough clearance to work. Not sure if anyone else has dealt with this. I’ve been in touch with @white out and he is working on sending me difference couplers.

At the end of the day, I’m very happy with both. The intake has that nice whoosh sound and the loc 5 is a lot louder on the low end of the rpms. When you get above 4K rpm, it screams and sounds awesome!!! Very happy with the set up thanks to the info and help from @Jason B. It feels like it pulls a little harder but could be all mental....

View attachment 295209
Glad to help you out and I have the same setup on my own car. That's the Loc 5 and Larini cats. Your cats should be there in about another week or so. You're also getting the NEWER updated version which Larini just updated! Many have said this setup makes your Pre Lp one of the best sounding cars made. Carrera GT, LFA, etc. It's up there.

IF anyone else needs a LOC exhaust/cat delete pipes, high flow cats, etc, contact me. I have 3 Loc exhausts in stock right now :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts