Lamborghini Talk banner
61 - 80 of 129 Posts
Update on the HDR-AS50:
After taking the above video, I made a quick mod using sound dampener on the internal mic. You can see the grey sponges around the cam & the on/off usb switch. This means I can recharge the cam battery by just flipping a switch and also can use the charging sparingly to prevent overheating during long recording. I think I'm getting close! Just one more test next week.
The engine sound in the cabin sounds significantly better.

Discussion starter · #66 ·
I also have the Sport Exhaust; sounds good. Hopefully, the use of the foam will baffle the wind turbulence.
I certainly hope so!

When I blew air using my mouth directly to the foam, the air just bounced over creating some flat noises. So just in case the foam doesn't work, I had a fur mic cover on order. It looks like a blob of fur and I can probably just put it over the foam. I hope the camera doesn't overheat for putting too many blankets over it.

Discussion starter · #67 ·
Look what I've made today! The cam now has a very strange haircut. I tested the mic by blowing air through it & it worked very well to minimize wind sound. Now just need to find time to drive for real test.

Got my adapter today so I will test it out on Saturday.

Discussion starter · #72 ·
No time to drive today but got to do a couple of light revs & speedy fun car wash. I think the mic now pick up the exhaust note correctly. The foam & the hairy mic cover somewhat reduces the surrounding noises.

By way of comparison, here’s a clip from my bone stock DJI Osmo Action cam in my former car. Took me 30 seconds to mount it up and go driving. That’s what it’s all about :)

Controlling with the iOS app on my phone.

The Gallardo shifts were brutal so you can see the camera shake each time I dropped the hammer:

https://youtu.be/0-_2d4wpu_c

One of many good pulls at 4:29.

Boy does that video bring back memories!

Discussion starter · #76 ·
By way of comparison, here’s a clip from my bone stock DJI Osmo Action cam in my former car. Took me 30 seconds to mount it up and go driving. That’s what it’s all about :)
The Gallardo shifts were brutal so you can see the camera shake each time I dropped the hammer:
Thanks for the video! The shifting looks great!

How long can you record the video in 4K or HD? I wanted something that can record in loop without overheating hence I went with the sony cam. My 4K version overheated in about an hour whereas the HD version can record pretty much endlessly in loop until the battery is out.

How long can you record the video in 4K or HD? I wanted something that can record in loop without overheating
Honesty I’m not even sure. Clearly it’s dependent on the size of the micro SD card you use, and I think we can google how much 4K video can fit on a given sized card.

I never really thought about a scenario like that. I guess I would more likely stop & start the camera at various interesting times of my drive (using the phone app), and swap in empty micro SD cards as I run out of space.

Discussion starter · #79 ·
Honesty I’m not even sure. Clearly it’s dependent on the size of the micro SD card you use, and I think we can google how much 4K video can fit on a given sized card.

I never really thought about a scenario like that. I guess I would more likely stop & start the camera at various interesting times of my drive (using the phone app), and swap in empty micro SD cards as I run out of space.
Yeah, your method of start & stop is the best way to use the camera. It's action camera after all. Sony support told me that I either need to drop the res or turn off the wifi for long recording. I guess I can live with 30fps since it records mostly static interior. I don't really need wifi too since I can just take out the sd card to download the mp4.

Did you get Perf recently? If you had the time to record, I would love to see a video of your paddle shift action!

61 - 80 of 129 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.