Lamborghini Talk banner

21 - 40 of 129 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,302 Posts
@Texas_Rangers, I can see you're a man of few words. What would be the appropriate response..........]

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I didn't have any chance to drive at all, but I managed to record these videos using the new camera. Hope I am not embarassing myself. I used a good $2k sennheiser mic so the sound quality is close to the original. The internal battery is very short lived as it only lasted 20 mins without the external battery.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,302 Posts
Video looks great......man nothing to be embarrassed about. I wish I had musical talent period......it's all good. Thanks for sharing!

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Another update:

I decided to switch the masking tape + vinyl tape to a transparent thick acrylic tape. Just to make it look cleaner and more professional. The new tape is very thick and can be used on car door / bumpers to prevent dings and scratches. The material feels similar to the triangle tapes normally placed on the side of newer Porsches (>= 991.1) The glue is stronger than the common glue for masking tape, but it can still be easily removed if wanted.

The transparent tape.

Before (left) and after (right). The rollbar now looks much cleaner.

After remounting. I'm going to mount the camera upside-down to hide it from the back window. The camera can record properly while in upside-down position if I turn on the tilting capability. I noticed that the tape has some air bubbles in it, but I'm sure I can fix it later by using hair dryer. Or I can just drive out and let our sun do its work.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
14,591 Posts
Awesome video, I have tried to learn to play my violin and just can’t get it together. I bought a cheapy online and it’s falling apart. Nonetheless, I love the violin and you are so very good. If I had a fraction of your talent I’d be happy. Thanks for sharing, I’m going to listen to them again.

Reactions: Sakura

·
Registered
903 Posts
Nice melody on the violin. I played clarinet in high school was even picked for the select Wind Ensemble which I had to audition for. Wish I stuck with it. Focused on athletics instead.

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Awesome video, I have tried to learn to play my violin and just can’t get it together. I bought a cheapy online and it’s falling apart. Nonetheless, I love the violin and you are so very good. If I had a fraction of your talent I’d be happy. Thanks for sharing, I’m going to listen to them again.
Thank you, that is very kind of you. I must confess that I'm not talented just have time to practice everyday and a lot! I am just glad I live far from my neighbor so I can practice whenever I want even at midnight.

Cheapy violin would make things a lot harder in the beginning. I bought a beginner $7k violin then upgraded as I get better.

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Nice melody on the violin. I played clarinet in high school was even picked for the select Wind Ensemble which I had to audition for. Wish I stuck with it. Focused on athletics instead.
Thank you! Wow clarinet!! That is one of the hardest instrument to play! And getting selected for ensemble is not easy! If you have the time to play again, please post a video on youtube & I will try my best to duet with you🎻

·
Banned
139 Posts
Thank you, that is very kind of you. I must confess that I'm not talented just have time to practice everyday and a lot! I am just glad I live far from my neighbor so I can practice whenever I want even at midnight.

Cheapy violin would make things a lot harder in the beginning. I bought a beginner $7k violin then upgraded as I get better.
A beginner 7,000 dollar violin? That's a beginner level pricing?

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
A beginner 7,000 dollar violin? That's a beginner level pricing?
It comes down to affordability and how serious people want to progress. For example, you can reach 100mph either with a base Honda civic or a Huracan. But it will be quicker, easier, and more fun to do it with a Huracan. I would want to drive Huracan every day to get better at driving, but don't think I would do it with a civic everyday.

For an adult violin (4/4 size), you can get $500 or even $65 violin to begin with. But, you always get what you paid for. It will make things super hard in the beginning because a violin in that price range doesn't produce good sound no matter what because it uses cheap plywood or hard maple that does not vibrate well, wrong thickness, wrong glue, wrong varnish, wrong sound post, uneven fingerboard, hard pegs, etc.

Another reason is, violin practice is extremely tedious, boring, and frustrating. For someone like me (average joe), it will take a few months just to be able to produce a proper note and another few months just to be able to bow properly. And it will take a few years without skipping daily practice just be able to play somewhat in tune. In short, it has everything to make people quit. And even the masters still continue to practice as there is no finish line. With a good violin (and a good bow), it is easier to produce a good note that sounds good for the ear. And, using a good violin is somewhat an incentive to continue practicing.

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Next update:

Here's the driving recording in HD (1080p). It was originally recorded in UHD (4K), but I think youtube only allows HD. I'm getting an external mic because I think the sound is a bit dull. The mounting location is OK to me because I just want to see myself driving :ROFLMAO: I already have a blackvue type of cam installed in the dashboard for important matters.

·
Premium Member
14,591 Posts
I like the camera position. I also need an external mic, any recommendation?

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I like the camera position. I also need an external mic, ant recommendation?
I'm getting comica cvm-vs10 so I don't have to mess with the cable:

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
For my music recording I'm using sennheiser md441u from germany. This one is superb but too big for a car:

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I have Sennheiser wireless headphones RS180. Top notch for movie watching.
I agree RS180 is a very good headphone. I have an 580 but it's collecting dust since I don't like dealing with hanging cables.

·
Premium Member
14,591 Posts
I'm getting comica cvm-vs10 so I don't have to mess with the cable:
Thats perfect! Very reasonably priced. Just what I was looking for, thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Thats perfect! Very reasonably priced. Just what I was looking for, thanks.
Glad this helps. Here's a few photos of the comica mic. The stereo plug housing is very fat (9mm diameter vs 7mm normal). I didn't drill enough large hole on my blackout housing, so needed to order a plug extension (7mm diameter housing and L shape). The extension is cheap like $5.

21 - 40 of 129 Posts