Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I washed my car today and noticed a rather unfortunate chip in two areas of the front wheel on the drivers side, see "before" image. I had purchased the ACDelco touch up kit for my 580-2 but sold said car before I had an opportunity to use it. This "kit" has a paint brush, paint pen and clear coat all in one container. At the top of the kit is an abrasive head to clear away loose paint prior to the applications. Steps:
1. abrasive tip to clean area
2. apply high gloss black paint and wait 30 minutes then
3. apply clear coat
The "after" is not perfect but a heck of a lot better. I have included an Amazon link for those with high gloss black wheels. Highly recommend this product and for ~ $19 it's good to have this as part of your detailing armamentarium and on the ready.

Enjoy!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"Good" is not the word I would have chosen. On the good, bad continuum this is decidedly bad but the cost of doing business or stated differently no pain, no gain. Maybe I should PPF my rims........... :giggle:

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,062 Posts
Nice job, just wonder how could have that happened?

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice job, just wonder how could have that happened?
I suspect an errant rock......I think Shakespeare had this misfortune in mind when he wrote.......
"to suffer the slings, arrows and stones ;) of outrageous fortune"

·
Registered
SL #7007
1,021 Posts
It came out really nice! Hard to notice in the photo!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My suspicion as well and if we try hard enough we can pin the Kennedy assassination on that tomato head.

Reactions: AngelOfMurci

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ouch! Did you really not notice that til wash time? Great job on the DIY project! Let us know how it holds up!
Yes, noticed only when washing and I had the touch paint so I thought I would give it a go. I will report back and let you know how it holds up but for $19 it’s nice to have this remedy on hand. All clean and first aid administered.
I blame it on your wife's high speed driving.

For her to make amends, she will be paying for your new STO.
I did!

I will! After all that's the least she can do. :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 H EVO RWD on order
2,190 Posts
Yes, noticed only when washing and I had the touch paint so I thought I would give it a go. I will report back and let you know how it holds up but for $19 it’s nice to have this remedy on hand. All clean and first aid administered.

I did!

I will! After all that's the least she can do. :rolleyes:
I need to see if they have they for my SL rims that are gray…..
View attachment 305465
I was thinking the same as I ordered Aesir graphite grey.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I can’t remember the brand but I had silver paint for the rims on my 2018 718 Cayman S that also worked well and held up quite nicely. @Cliff.1620, I would search ACDelco’s product-line and see if they carry that color. I suspect they carry/sell all the possible rim paint colors.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts