Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RHD British car.
easiest way to remove my ac condenser help needed please.
is it a front bumper off or luggage compartment removal ?
can it be done without coolant drain.etc etc ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
You can access it by removing the front drivers side grill cover in the front bumper. It sits in front of the coolant rad so no need to drain the system but the air con gas will been re doing.

I need to pull mine out but have not got round to it yet, I am guessing you could leave the front bumper on but maybe a lot easier to take it off as it might save time and the skin on your knuckles in the long run

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can't get to the top bolts or pipe fittings. when the mesh is removed the hole itself has a plastic liner. would that pull out without damage to access the other bolts and pipes i wonder ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
In that case you will have to drop the front bumper off, the plastic is the air duct channel for the cooling so you wont get around it. I know the rad is fixed at the bottom that you can get to but thought you maybe able to get to the top bolts.

You cant get at it from behind as even if you drop the wheel off and arch liner out the coolant rad will be in the way.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok thank you Chris. I've enclosed a pic of the condenser. the 2 bolts are accessible yes but don't think the 4 at the top are accessible. I've looked for a vid or pics to remove the front bumper but can't find anything either. I guess I'll just tackle it as it comes.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cheers mate.. well the luggage tub has to come out to access the pipe fittings. took the light out also. you can see the top of the rad which the condenser is bolted too. i managed to get my hand up to the 4 x 8mm spanner nuts on the top two brackets.. sadlythe bolts turned so they won't come undone.. i reckon the radiator has to come out to split the condenser off it.. tomorrow I'm gonna take the wheel and wheel tub off to see if it can be removed through the wheel well

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
found the problem guys.. when the luggage compartment is removed you have access to the condenser pipe fittings. with these removed i put air pressure into the lower condenser fitting with my finger on the upper fitting to seal.. nothing was leaking. the ac store were wrong. so then i put the air line into the top pipe. (reduced air pressure with my compressor regulator). at this fitting is the prrssure switch. i heard air leaking out of the switch and the electrical plug was lifting on the sensor. so it's the sensor.. just as well because after removing the wheel tub then the fan duct then tried to remove the fan. the fan won't come out as the two radiator hoses must be removed . i didn't get that far and the radiator with the condenser mounted to it would still not come out 🤣

1 - 10 of 10 Posts