Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone!

I'm a new forum member but have been viewing multiple threads on this website for a while now. Anyways, I have been persistent in having a dream to purchase a blood-red murcielago with black rims ( If any of you have a murci like this, PLEASE feel free to PM me, I would love to talk to you about it and see pictures!).

My question to you Lamborghini owners is NOT an ignorant one, I don't believe in asking people what they do for a living, I feel that if you want something bad enough you will find a way to get it (or at least it's always worked like that for me). My question is: what is life like after you acquire your dream car? I feel like my driving factor to get this car is what will, in the end, push me to success. But after I get one, what will be left to strive for? Have any of you ever ran in to this problem? Does owning your dream car also come with some negatives? Anyways, THANK YOU for taking the time to read this, and I look forward to my time on this forum!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well friend I too am new and will be receiving my first Lambo by months end. I live in an area where people keep asking me why I'm buying this car. My house is also not in a community where you would expect to see someone pull a Lambo out of their garage. I'm excited while at the same time thinking of ways to easy myself into this kind of spotlight this car will shine. It's going to be fun and weird at the same time. As far as goals, I tell others and myself that this is an investment. In reality, I know its not, I will want to modify and will give it to my daughter when I'm done playing with this. maybe that's just my way to try and stay humble over the whole experience.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well friend I too am new and will be receiving my first Lambo by months end. I live in an area where people keep asking me why I'm buying this car. My house is also not in a community where you would expect to see someone pull a Lambo out of their garage. I'm excited while at the same time thinking of ways to easy myself into this kind of spotlight this car will shine. It's going to be fun and weird at the same time. As far as goals, I tell others and myself that this is an investment. In reality, I know its not, I will want to modify and will give it to my daughter when I'm done playing with this. maybe that's just my way to try and stay humble over the whole experience.
Thanks for the reply, and congrats on your first Lambo! I understand where you're coming from, my city is definitely not one that would typically house such an amazing car. Lots of people will be very happy to see your car but I'm also guessing many will be jealous and find a way to talk negatively. The positive will most definitely outweigh the negative though! I would say staying humble is important, but hey, you put in the work to get one so you deserve to beable to have some fun with it! Once again, thanks for the reply and congrats on your first Lamborghini!!

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
14,056 Posts
I like your honesty.

·
Registered
75 Posts
If you ask me I'd say it's like chasing the dragon. Now I go to some shows/ meets around here and see multi million dollar cars. Now my "dream car" is a Koenigegg, which I'll never be able to afford......but then again I never thought I'd own a Lambo. I love my car but there's always going to be something better and faster. Keeps you humble and there has to be something to aspire for in life, just my 2 cents

·
Registered
958 Posts
I acquired mine a few years ago just a Superlegerra not the flagship v12 model.

But to me it was a goal not a dream.

Setting goals and achieving it makes me push for more. I can’t say everyone’s mindset and is as goal oriented as mine but I look at 5 years and make sure I am in a different place/level where I am today.

If you purchase at the right time these cars can be investments. I watched the market for a few years making sure I was going to find something that made me happy. Within those years of just watching prices changed by 10-15 thousand. Which showed me it as depreciated the most already.

The 150-240 car market has so many options. Newer greater faster compared to older and less refined but more driver involved cars.

By no means I am considered wealthy I own an average home but have always been a car fanatic.

I pick and choose where to bring her out as yes the attention factor can get overwhelming. It’s not something you can just park in a corner and not expect it to get noticed.

You will find fingerprints on your windows. Find people sitting on your car posing for pictures yes this has happened. So I tend to take it to just cars and coffee events where enthusiasts are a bit more respectful.

No one at my job knows I own one as I feel I would be looked at differently so I choose not to disclose that.

As you may find many Lambo some owners live normal lives and drive normal cars everyday.

Then on the other spectrum you have owners who flaunt and push a persona of a fabulous lifestyle.

It’s what you pride yourself in and what you portray yourself to the public is what can get you in unneeded attention.

08 Bianco Monoceros Superlegerra 888

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
There is always a better or different car around the corner. Tick the Lambo box, tick the Ferrari box, tick the Bugatti box, and so on.

The thing to be most aware of is how people's attitudes toward you will change. Some will love you more, others will hate you more. There is no middle ground.

If you are an employer, your staff may get jealous and do less work for you. If you are an employee, your boss may get jealous and try to slow your career. The hot milf on reception may suddenly find you and your wallet irresistible, lol.

·
Registered
343 Posts
You will find fingerprints on your windows. Find people sitting on your car posing for pictures yes this has happened. So I tend to take it to just cars and coffee events where enthusiasts are a bit more respectful.

No one at my job knows I own one as I feel I would be looked at differently so I choose not to disclose that.
At a recent show, I actually turned around to find someone had opened my door and was sitting in the drivers seat. :eek: I had left the windows down to try and keep the fingerprints to a minimum with people peering inside, but then I saw this. :mad:

I'm right there with you as far as my job. I've accidentally left "Lamborghini hints" around my office, but as of yet, no one has made any comments except, "It's fun to dream, right?" :)

To the original poster... My dream car was a Murcielago like you, and I even have a picture of myself sitting in one when I was a teenager. But now that I have my Gallardo, I now have a recent "dreamer" picture of me sitting in an Aventador S :)

Good luck! :wave:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi, everyone!

I'm a new forum member but have been viewing multiple threads on this website for a while now. Anyways, I have been persistent in having a dream to purchase a blood-red murcielago with black rims ( If any of you have a murci like this, PLEASE feel free to PM me, I would love to talk to you about it and see pictures!).

My question to you Lamborghini owners is NOT an ignorant one, I don't believe in asking people what they do for a living, I feel that if you want something bad enough you will find a way to get it (or at least it's always worked like that for me). My question is: what is life like after you acquire your dream car? I feel like my driving factor to get this car is what will, in the end, push me to success. But after I get one, what will be left to strive for? Have any of you ever ran in to this problem? Does owning your dream car also come with some negatives? Anyways, THANK YOU for taking the time to read this, and I look forward to my time on this forum!

You know that boner you wake up with in the morning......well after you acquire your Lambo it sticks around all day. :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

At a recent show, I actually turned around to find someone had opened my door and was sitting in the drivers seat. /vbforum/images_ltalk/smilies/eek.gif I had left the windows down to try and keep the fingerprints to a minimum with people peering inside, but then I saw this. /vbforum/images_ltalk/smilies/mad.gif

I'm right there with you as far as my job. I've accidentally left "Lamborghini hints" around my office, but as of yet, no one has made any comments except, "It's fun to dream, right?" /vbforum/images_ltalk/smilies/smile.gif

To the original poster... My dream car was a Murcielago like you, and I even have a picture of myself sitting in one when I was a teenager. But now that I have my Gallardo, I now have a recent "dreamer" picture of me sitting in an Aventador S /vbforum/images_ltalk/smilies/smile.gif

Good luck!
Thanks! I originally thought I wanted an aventador but have shifted to the Murci, I’m sure if I ever buy a murcielago then it will shift back to an aventador, lol. I saw a Gallardo on a vacation trip when I was like 12 and the owner gave me the keys and let me sit in it, ever since then I’ve been determined to get a car like that of my own to bring myself and others joy. It’s awesome to hear you were once a ‘dreamer’ like me, thanks for the inspiration! 😄

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Congrats on the goal. I believe we must always keep it real. It does not matter what you buy if you flaunt it. To my employees and people less fortunate, I say things like" I got it really cheap during the crash, I do all my own work, etc. I would never tell them I spent $1800 on carb restoration or what the car is worth. I was once in their shoes and can appreciate how hard someone must work to buy a lambo. I am deciding how high to set my next goal. I was going to buy a Murcie but may revise that upward or toward a Countach . I really love the older ones but at times get tired of all the work. I am a perfectionist and cant let even a dirty bolt go without replacing or polishing. If you are humble about your car and someone hates you for it then maybe you don't need them as a friend. Your real friends will appreciate your goal and support you for the achievement. I agree with all the posts about watching out. It sometimes garners unwanted attention. Good luck. Thanks for the honesty. Lee

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats on the goal. I believe we must always keep it real. It does not matter what you buy if you flaunt it. To my employees and people less fortunate, I say things like" I got it really cheap during the crash, I do all my own work, etc. I would never tell them I spent $1800 on carb restoration or what the car is worth. I was once in their shoes and can appreciate how hard someone must work to buy a lambo. I am deciding how high to set my next goal. I was going to buy a Murcie but may revise that upward or toward a Countach . I really love the older ones but at times get tired of all the work. I am a perfectionist and cant let even a dirty bolt go without replacing or polishing. If you are humble about your car and someone hates you for it then maybe you don't need them as a friend. Your real friends will appreciate your goal and support you for the achievement. I agree with all the posts about watching out. It sometimes garners unwanted attention. Good luck. Thanks for the honesty. Lee
Thank you for the kind words and advice, Lee! As of right now I'm only 16 (hopefully that doesn't give me too much of a negative reputation) but I really feel like if I start the hard work now to get the legs for some businesses I've been wanting to start, I could possibly set out to purchase my Lambo in my 20s. Im obviously not expecting anything to come easy, and lots of people around me at school and such have told me down for having such ideas and being so young, but hey, no-one with that attitude will ever become successful ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I made an Instagram post with the picture and story if you care to read it :wave:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BfGqk76n-cV/
Checked you out earlier today, awesome inspiration and great pictures! Your Gallardo is beautiful! Its great to see someone that genuinely loves their Lamborghini and wants to share that joy with other people (which seems to be everyone on this forum!) Anyways, you got my follow ;)

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I think it is great you are 16 and already thinking about goals. The difficult part is that you must set a date when you will buy the car and what you are going to buy. You post a picture of the car somewhere you will see every day. Make the time frame reasonable like 5 years and make the goal attainable like a used Gallardo. Work backwards from that date and start working towards your goal. If you make and save 300 per week for five years that is over 75K and enough to buy a used G. If you save 500 per week ,it is only 3 years. Imagine driving your G single at 19. If you sacrifice now you will reap many rewards later. I am doing three developments right now working 11 to 12 hours a day. In less than a year I will be able to buy anything I want. I started with absolutely nothing but goals and dreams. You can do it also. Remember, building up your lambo fund and net worth has multiple benefits. It teaches you to work hard and save. It will make you look very favorable if you have a large bank balance and go to borrow money for a business venture. It will set you up for larger and greater goals in the future. Just think, if you mow 5 yards a week for 50 each, you will buy your lambo in 5 years. It is easy but just takes discipline. The goal money is for one thing and one thing only. No Hot date , no Cancun Trip , no concert, etc. Start now and look back in a few months then years. Time will pass whether you do it or not. One way you have a lambo, the other way you still have a dream and a picture. Good luck. Now what is the date and Car? Lee

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
That's a great question and from someone who was just like me only a 'few' years ago. I dreamed when I was a kid about Countach's: had them as posters on the wall, drew them in art class, I even still today have an old VCR tape where I recorded Morley Safer of 60 Minutes back in say 1988 or so test drive a red Countach at the factory. Other than the raw sound on the TV, his words stick in my head: "The dotted lines in the center of the road fly by like tracer bullets. [this is] 180 miles per hour!"

Then, after saving and working hard, I finally bought my first, a Diablo. I only bought last year, but I'm still star-struck. These are just such beautiful cars, works of art, really, and a dream come true. It took me about a month to have the thought of my 'next' car which I always thought would be my first, a G. But now I'm thinking a Murci or Hurracan. The cars are just so unique and mesmerizing that they'll do this to you!

Now, how does it feel and did it change me? I can say I do work hard to keep a humble heart about it. I take every chance I can to let kids sit in it, usually with very appreciative parents taking photos. I downplay the costs and ensure I engage people in a joyful, fun manner when talking about the car. I don't talk about it at work (no one knows). At this writing, my own parents don't yet know. I tell my kids not to mention it at school and warn them I better never hear them brag. I explained why and to their socially aware credit, they have been very guarded. In the USA, you can set your mind upon a goal and work hard to achieve it. And in theory no one can take away what you have worked hard for, however in a moment of puffery or pride you can hurt friends and strangers alike with the wrong comment. If and when you do, you won't feel great about yourself. That part, I find, is a struggle. This car should not define you. Not that you can't enjoy the fruits of your hard work, but not at the expense of others who are less fortunate. No, in that case less is more.

Conversely, there are those who react in a far more positive manner than I would have expected. Those are the people who put smiles on my face and make me feel good about my dream car. The ones who show a smile, a dropped jaw, a burst of life from seeing or experiencing the car, want to chat and genuinely take interest are the ones who make owning a Lamborghini an even more pleasurable experience.

As a final comment, don't let a Lamborghini or money or power or stuff or anything control you. Life is about your personal and hopefully positive interaction with others and God, not about how expensive your toys are. With a right balance, you'll do well in life. And with questions like yours, you are off to a great start.

Not preaching, just answering honestly.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I bought my Jalpa almost 12 years ago. I wanted a Diablo or a Countach. I had been saving for years for a V12 when I saw the Jalpa. At that time, the Jalpa was not that expensive and it looked like I could buy what I think is the best looking Jalpa in the world, and not effect my savings plan for the V12.

I would say the long term effect has been a strong feeling of satisfaction. I spent years saving and daydreaming and no one took me seriously. After getting the Jalpa, it was like having a key to the club house. I have been invited to countless car events, I got to drive a Diablo and ride and sit in countless Lamborghini cars. I have met a lot of really great people. I love that aspect.

The down sides for me are the constant headaches and inconveniences. My car has been incredibly expensive to restore and maintain. It feels like every time I take it out, some new bug crops up. Parts are hard to find and I have yet to find a decent local mechanic. I don't enjoy working on it as much as I thought I would. I parked it unattended and someone tried to steal the emblems. I have answered the question "how much did it cost?" about a thousand times.

If you talk to a lot of exotic car people, they have owned a surprising number of high end cars. I think there is something in the magic of achieving goals and fulfilling dreams, that drives people to swap cars a lot. I think the rush wears off and you look for it in a new car. My car was a dream come true. Then it had serious issues and I dreamed of restoring and having it perfect. I got it pretty close and then it became a project of constant maintenance. Keeping it up is a lot less fulfilling than restoring it.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hi, everyone!

It's fine to ask people what they do for a living. Anyone that would not try to help out the next guy is just an ass. I talk about it alot on my youtube channel actually. Here is a video I did to answer this very question that you ask, got the dream, car, now what...

Excuse my shenanigans...

·
Registered
17 Posts

At a recent show, I actually turned around to find someone had opened my door and was sitting in the drivers seat. /vbforum/images_ltalk/smilies/eek.gif I had left the windows down to try and keep the fingerprints to a minimum with people peering inside, but then I saw this. /vbforum/images_ltalk/smilies/mad.gif

I'm right there with you as far as my job. I've accidentally left "Lamborghini hints" around my office, but as of yet, no one has made any comments except, "It's fun to dream, right?" /vbforum/images_ltalk/smilies/smile.gif

To the original poster... My dream car was a Murcielago like you, and I even have a picture of myself sitting in one when I was a teenager. But now that I have my Gallardo, I now have a recent "dreamer" picture of me sitting in an Aventador S /vbforum/images_ltalk/smilies/smile.gif

Good luck!
Thanks! I originally thought I wanted an aventador but have shifted to the Murci, I’m sure if I ever buy a murcielago then it will shift back to an aventador, lol. I saw a Gallardo on a vacation trip when I was like 12 and the owner gave me the keys and let me sit in it, ever since then I’ve been determined to get a car like that of my own to bring myself and others joy. It’s awesome to hear you were once a ‘dreamer’ like me, thanks for the inspiration! 😄
An owner did the same thing with me when I was 18-19 and I now own the exact same car (color and everything) except mine is a 6 speed. Took almost 15 years of hard work but I made it happen. We were all dreamers before we got our cars. You’ll be there too one day hopefully inspiring the next generation of car enthusiasts! Work harder than your peers and it’ll happen.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Now, how does it feel and did it change me? I can say I do work hard to keep a humble heart about it. I take every chance I can to let kids sit in it, usually with very appreciative parents taking photos. I downplay the costs and ensure I engage people in a joyful, fun manner when talking about the car. I don't talk about it at work (no one knows). At this writing, my own parents don't yet know. I tell my kids not to mention it at school and warn them I better never hear them brag. I explained why and to their socially aware credit, they have been very guarded. In the USA, you can set your mind upon a goal and work hard to achieve it. And in theory no one can take away what you have worked hard for, however in a moment of puffery or pride you can hurt friends and strangers alike with the wrong comment. If and when you do, you won't feel great about yourself. That part, I find, is a struggle. This car should not define you. Not that you can't enjoy the fruits of your hard work, but not at the expense of others who are less fortunate. No, in that case less is more.

Conversely, there are those who react in a far more positive manner than I would have expected. Those are the people who put smiles on my face and make me feel good about my dream car. The ones who show a smile, a dropped jaw, a burst of life from seeing or experiencing the car, want to chat and genuinely take interest are the ones who make owning a Lamborghini an even more pleasurable experience.

As a final comment, don't let a Lamborghini or money or power or stuff or anything control you. Life is about your personal and hopefully positive interaction with others and God, not about how expensive your toys are. With a right balance, you'll do well in life. And with questions like yours, you are off to a great start.

Not preaching, just answering honestly.
Spot on. I haven’t posted a single thing about this car on social media and only my close friends know about it. The guys at work all give me **** about how much it cost, but they don’t even bat an eye at dudes who spend as much or more on an airplane. I got flipped off the other day just driving down the road minding my own business. So that’s kind of weird because I’ve never actually experienced negative attention in my life for doing absolutely nothing wrong. So the ownership has been positive for the most part, it’s a joy to drive, but there are definitely some negatives, all of which I read about on here before I bought so no real surprises.

For the OP. There are plenty of people I grew up with that are in a rut (based off social media posts I see consistently) so showing off that I have a Lamborghini doesnt do anything for me as far as “look at me, I made it!” It actually almost makes me kind of feel guilty that I have it so good right now compared to other great people, so Bc of that I keep it on the DL. That being said, I know where I fit in the society totem pole and it’s nowhere near where I picture a Lamborghini owner as far as career, lifestyle, looks, everything... just a normal guy who worked hard to get an attainable job (military officer/pilot) to achieve a dream.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts